A rare Slimm mock draft | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A rare Slimm mock draft

difference b/t mark barron and eric reid is barron has better hips and i think he's a little more instinctual vs the pass and a better man cover player...barron was pretty darn fluid for a safety

if i had a choice of the two off college tape it's barron all day every day...

They're about the same in man coverage. You don't want either lined up in man coverage against a quicker receiver. Hell I've been watching Barron since he played for St. Paul's.

Barron also came with a significant injury history that Reid doesn't have. Injuries are why Barron couldn't declare early in the first place.

I like Eric Reid and think he would be a great fit next to Jones. The other guy I've remained really high on I'd Phillip Thomas. Very instinctual player and IMO is the best safety in the class at playing the centerfield single high position

What's the story with Quanterus Smith? A number of you guys seem to like him.

He had 12.5 sacks and 18.5 TFL's before he was lost for the season due to injury and missed the last 3 games. I was in Bryant-Denny the Saturday he destroyed our offensive line for 3 sacks. He's a player that I immediately came in here and put on my underrated Seniors list right after I witnessed him in person and up close. His quickness is outstanding at 6'5", 250 pounds.

I'd be shocked if he lasted as late as I took him here.

They're about the same in man coverage. You don't want either lined up in man coverage against a quicker receiver. Hell I've been watching Barron since he played for St. Paul's.

Barron also came with a significant injury history that Reid doesn't have. Injuries are why Barron couldn't declare early in the first place.

ahhhhh....that's true about the injuries...i think they're similar...but barrons got better hips...

This is my favorite draft so far. Please let it happen this way!!

Idk about a 4.6 guy.. Damn that's Bell slow :lol:

you can make up for a bit of a lack of foot speed with instincts...let me put it this way chris clemons does not play anywhere near as fast as he times...

b/t tarron armstead big time fast riser at tackle...lots of buzz...maybe top 50 pick...

you can make up for a bit of a lack of foot speed with instincts...let me put it this way chris clemons does not play anywhere near as fast as he times...

I'll agree with that. He does get better every single year though.

We might lose him in free agency though.. Then we'd HAVE to replace him with a draft pick/free agent.

He had 12.5 sacks and 18.5 TFL's before he was lost for the season due to injury and missed the last 3 games. I was in Bryant-Denny the Saturday he destroyed our offensive line for 3 sacks. He's a player that I immediately came in here and put on my underrated Seniors list right after I witnessed him in person and up close. His quickness is outstanding at 6'5", 250 pounds.

I'd be shocked if he lasted as late as I took him here.

Sounds very interesting, and like he could be a situational pass rusher almost immediately, which in my mind is a significant need. I like the length and production. Taking a guy like that in the 5th wouldn't bother me at all.

Oh I like this kid. He could turn out to be another Adewale Ogunleye...a guy who had a season ending injury in college and was forgotten and then when healthy was outstanding. This kid has potential...IF he comes all the way back from injury.

b/t tarron armstead big time fast riser at tackle...lots of buzz...maybe top 50 pick...
That's what I've been hearing as well...crazy. He impressed at the east-west shrine bowl and got a late invite to the senior bowl. He went from UDFA to 2 round in a month.

Big Stoneburner fan. It's a shame he was not used properly at TOSU.

That's what I've been hearing as well...crazy. He impressed at the east-west shrine bowl and got a late invite to the senior bowl. He went from UDFA to 2 round in a month.

After lane Johnson highest upside in the class.

I'd be really excited about getting a receiving threat at TE, but how do you think that will fit in to our offense? I dont have any hard data, but after Jake Long went down with an injury, I remember our TE was asked to block on most passing plays. With our two sloppy OTs in Martin and Garner, will our new TE get the opportunities to go down field?

I didn't see any difference in what Fasano was asked to do. I think people just started watching that more closely once Long went down. If stats are needed, Fasano's targets actually went up a bit, including having the highest single game receptions count (6) of his Phins career after Long went down in week 13. From 4 avg targets/game to 5.25 avg targets/game over the last 4 games.

But those are just stats. I certainly didn't see any change in his role in the passing game once Boselli went down. Further, Eifert would play a completely different role as he's about 10x the playmaker Fasano is (and I like Fasano).

Back
Top Bottom