A real small camp report (May 19th) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A real small camp report (May 19th)

awesome report. You and I have totally different ideas of real small.

And everyone wondered why Dave passed on Trestman as the new OC. Trestman's job will be to ride the qb's and make sure they are fully prepared everyweek. I'd rather have a joint effort of play calling knowing that all the positions are solid, than one man calling great plays but the players aren't prepared to execute them.

Your the man OZ, always happy to read one of your reports.....keep up to good work.

I absolutely agree! As a matter of fact look at how Fiedler regressed last year, by not having a Qb coach. Remember David Shula took the Bama job?

And after I posted this, I thought about Trestman, and you guys are surely right, but the way Fiedler stepped up in the pocket looked remarkably like Feeley...

Either one is entirely possible, or both. One of the good things about having a QB sit (in other words, benching your starter) is so that when the other guy goes in, that starter gets a good look at what that other QB does that works, and what doesn't work...and it only follows that what works for the other guy, the benched starter could incorporate into his own game. Maybe Fiedler sees what works for Feeley and has decided to make it work for him too. Or maybe Fiedler sees what kind of QB Feeley is and therefore gets a sense for what the Dolphins want in their QB, so he's decided to become more of a pocket passer.

Either way, my opinion is that Jay possesses neither the accuracy nor the armstrength to be a pocket passer, and if he doesn't use his athletic ability to buy time and make plays, he will be exposed even more.

You know those "nice throws" Jay keeps making on quick slants? Sure, the slant is most definitely his specialty. Its also a pass that leaves the team exposed to 6 points going the other way with a guy like Jay Fiedler at the helm, because he can't complete the passes all over the field that he needs to in order to allow the quick slant to go undefended. What I seem to remember, is Anthony Dorsett picking off a patented Jay quick slant and taking it to the house, because corners and safeties decided to just jump the short routes because Jay can't beat them in the deep areas of the field or over the middle.

Oz,

I've been reading your reports for over a year now. quit apologizing for your reporting. You do an awesome job. The rest of us in S. Fla could get off our asses and go to these but we're too busy. Thanks for taking the time man. I know we all really appreciate it and look forward to it! For real!

Fiedler did the learning thing last year from Brian Griese. Remember when he came into the Wash. game and was our savior? He got the ball out quick, decisions fast and good, and was accurate. He said he learned some of those things from Griese, but I guess I didn't last to long huh?

First, Ozzy than you very much for fighting the f'ing traffic and risking a speeding ticket on the way home. LOL Good report still.
Dupree, the graphics skit is totaly awsome. I se the writing is in some asian script. But I got the idea...Reminds me of the moive Snatch when the guys think they are trapped. LMAO

Back
Top Bottom