A reason WHY we should sign S.Smith | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A reason WHY we should sign S.Smith

BAdkins159

Active Roster
Reaction score
I see all these posts about people wanting S.Smith back and it blows my mind. This guy is the biggest pu**y I have ever seen play defense in the NFL. He runs away from contact against the run and he usually gets beat 90% of the time in the air. He is just a ****y yellow back who just wants a paycheck. If anybody could give me one logical reason why we should re-sign him I would love to hear it.

Because he's solid against bigger receivers and TE's. You don't just let your best DB's walk. Now if he overpriced himself than he needs to go.

No reason to give you a reason why when your complaints against him in your post are inaccurate and full of something smelly!

He is not our best DB. Would rather have kept Vontae and traded Smith.

We need one FA DB before going into the draft. Sean is a good fit, next 4 years will be his prime.

Just because Sean Smith is Miami's "best corner" by default, doesn't mean Miami should bring him back. Smith only comes back if he takes cheap money and he's demoted to #2 or further down the depth chart. He won't return as the #1 CB in Miami.

So if we dont sign Sean Smith, who is going to be our starting corners next year? I forgot, every FA corner wants to come here for cheap and play for us. Smith at corner is way down on the list of things the dolphins need to worry about. Resign your own and build around them. If we draft someone or pick up another corner in free agency and they take his job fine, but don't cast him off and create more holes to fill because he doesn't have Revis type talent.

Sean Smith has been a consistent tackler all season, even last season he wasn't "shying away from contact" - sometimes I wonder if some of you actually WATCH the games.

I agree Sean Smith is the biggest pu**y I've seen for being so big and plays small I'll roll with Patterson,Carroll,Marshall and let that punk take his act elsewhere I'll go further and take Mccann over him,The guy makes no game changing plays,Never makes a big hit,He made one wow play his rookie season during the preseason game against the Saints when he caught the ball with one hand i thought he would be a special player after that int.That haven't been the case see ya Sean Smith GO AWAY!!!!!!!

Vontae is dumber than a box of rocks and never even played this season. Get over it.

Smith is is a ****tease because he keeps flashing us but never puts out in the end. When he gets caught out, it's really bad and he almost never makes the tackle after his coverage is busted. Still, he's worth keeping on the roster as long as he doesn't want Revi$ bucks. Smith isn't stupid-- I think he'll settle on a decent offer from Miami rather than go somewhere else.

These DBs need to do catching drills and work on getting their heads around though. I've never seen a group less keyed in on where the ball is and how much time they have before the ball is in the air.

The only reason you re-sign Sean Smith is because he is the best CB on our roster. He's an average CB, and likely will always be average, but he's the best one we have. There's no reason to create another hole on our roster.

Who will be our #1 corner if we don't resign Smith? We can draft a corner but there is no guarantee that he will be a starter or even worth a damn. How often do you come across a corner with his size? He clearly took a step in the right direction this season, although he did give up some touchdowns. Why would you want to make a weak secondary even weaker by not resigning our best corner? In my opinion, resigning Smith should be a priority in the offseason because of the fact that our secondary is probably the weakest unit on defense. Resign Smith and draft a corner.

Back
Top Bottom