A-Train | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A-Train

TouchDown said:
...but those guys are backups!!??
good point:cooldude: ! Not to mention A-Train is a backup, to a guy who was a backup behind Pittman:tongue: .

That this was the opinion of Sean Salisbury is reason enough to discount it. Someone else here said it best about him. He sucked as an NFL Qb, but still managed to find something else that he sucks even more at, as an NFL analyst.
IMO, A-Train is a good NFL RB but is no better than Sammy Morris. He played behind a line at Michigan that probably most of us here could have gained yardage behind, it was that good. The Bears OL, especially inside, is also pretty darned good.
IMO if we'd had the Bears line last year which even had a couple of guys playing out of postion, Ricky could have averaged 5 yards a carry.
Thomas got 4.2 last year, but he'd have been in Miami then, he'd have been hard pressed IMO to get 3 yards a carry.

Bottom line is that we can't afford to trade away any more 2005 draft picks and if we want another back, wait and watch who gets cut. Amos Zeroue may get cut by Oakland and he would be a possible choice. He is 4th on their depth chart now

I say trade wale for Atrain and Gage or stay with what we have and resign Wale.

Who does Thomas back up last Bears game i watched he wasnt backing anyone up. So was AJ Feeley and we still traded for him. At least i have seen Anthony Thomas play alot.

I would really like to get A-Train. He is, at minimum, a perfect complement to Minor. But at this point, I think WR might be a greater need. Given a choice of trading for Thomas or Keenan McCardell, I'd probably go for McCardell.

It would also depend on what both teams wanted. If the Bears were willing to take a 4th for Thomas, and the Bucs would take a 5th for McCardell, I'd do both those deals in a second. But I doubt it's that simple.

Brad528 said:
Who does Thomas back up last Bears game i watched he wasnt backing anyone up. So was AJ Feeley and we still traded for him. At least i have seen Anthony Thomas play alot.
But A-Trains play got him benched. He just was not good enuff to start(Lovie alrdy said Thomas Jones is the starter i believe). AJ Feeley is a prospect, and wasnt benched cuz he didnt play well.

FinFan24 said:
good point:cooldude: ! Not to mention A-Train is a backup, to a guy who was a backup behind Pittman:tongue: .

The Bears are stupid, that's the bottom line. I refuse to believe that Thomas Jones is a better running back than Anthony Thomas.

phunwin said:
I would really like to get A-Train. He is, at minimum, a perfect complement to Minor. But at this point, I think WR might be a greater need. Given a choice of trading for Thomas or Keenan McCardell, I'd probably go for McCardell.

It would also depend on what both teams wanted. If the Bears were willing to take a 4th for Thomas, and the Bucs would take a 5th for McCardell, I'd do both those deals in a second. But I doubt it's that simple.
then we have a 1st 3rd and 7th next year as draft picks....that a horrible postion to be in. Why trade for A-Train who probably isnt any better then what we have, when we can shoot for Edge next year? McCardell is 34 and expensive as hell, we could have him for 2 years or get a prospect like we got Bua this year.

phunwin said:
The Bears are stupid, that's the bottom line. I refuse to believe that Thomas Jones is a better running back than Anthony Thomas.
Thomas Jones certainly looked better when he got the ball. Only time will tell tho...

nate said:
i would love to get a-train cause hes a hard runner and a good guy
I'm a hard runner and a good guy, too. But, I wouldn't help the Dolphins win many games, and neither would Anthony Thomas.

JTBRLZ said:
Just heard on ESPN on NFL Live that since Thomas Jones did so well, the Bears should try to trade Anthony Thomas to the Dolphins for a draft pick. This isn't a rumor or anything, just an idea by Salsbury, but would you be interested in A-Train?

Yeah S Salsbury has a lot of "ideas",,, but they seem to be ALL bad .........

:shakeno:

Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom