A wizard offers you the chance to change the rules of the NFL. What do you do? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A wizard offers you the chance to change the rules of the NFL. What do you do?

16. Next time "Flip Tanneflop" makes another worthless thread on Tannehill he gets his nuts slammed in a car door.

16. Next time "Flip Tanneflop" makes another worthless thread on Tannehill he gets his nuts slammed in a car door.

Photo_FE556D2750A31760A8D8CBED98DFA3FD70-1.jpg

Firing Roger GoToHell would be my first order of business.

Electronically track the football. The longer this issue gets strewn about the more I become a conspiracy theorist about the underlyings of the NFL's agenda. Hockey did it twenty ****ing years ago. In a game decided by inches we need to remove the senior citizen influence on it's outcome. And it's not all about just eliminating human error, it's also about eliminating human bias. Get it done.

Get back to defense. Repeal the 5 yard chuck rule and allow contact down field until the ball is in the air.

Allow up to 9 offensive players to line up on the LOS. Get back to the run game.

Revert back to the old overtime rules. Teams have 4 quarters to win the game; time's up; now it's sudden death. I don't give a damn if Brett Favre didn't have a chance to throw another interception in overtime.

Revert back to the old draft format. Saturday & Sunday. The draft is now a drawn out bore.

Speed the pace of the game up and eliminate any commercial breaks between quarters.

Remove commentators completely.

ESPN is no longer allowed to cover the NFL.

Fire Nike. Their **** is hideous.

Render Direct TV's NFL Ticket contract obsolete. Their monopoly sucks.

And last but not least: Move the Jets to Oklahoma and they must play 16 away games per season. (20 including pre-season)

I'd be good with that if it went to, say, five timeouts. Which would be okay with me.
They get enough timeouts with change of possession, end of quarter and the three in hand. How about an increase in roster size?

They get enough timeouts with change of possession, end of quarter and the three in hand. How about an increase in roster size?

Definitely needed. Should have thought of that. At least three or four extra game day actives. The "practice squad" is also a bit of a farce. Just go ahead and pay them the going rate, guys.

Also, marijuana -- at minimum -- should not be tested for. Most recreation drugs should not be tested for. And no performance supplement that's available to the public at large -- hgh, for example -- should be banned. The whole narrative against performance enhancing drugs needs to change. Turns out you can't get actually ready to play with some vegetables and a tall glass of milk.

I would endorse every one of these without reservations. I would add that called penalties should be reviewable. I would remove the stupid 'coach's challenge' system. Instead, all replays would be initiated by the booth and reviewed in the booth. No more peep show. GET IT RIGHT.

I was just about to jump in here with that.

Anything that happens on the field should be reviewable. Its absolutely retarded that something like a bad call, that can theoretically ruin an entire season, cannot be corrected. Its really a no brainer. Coaches will be for it as it can save their jobs, refs should be for it as they wont be as eaten alive as often, and the league should be for it as it would eliminate the backlash when things like the "Fail Mary" occur. Its an win for everyone involved and its utterly insane it hasnt happened yet.

Id keep the coaches challenge though. Because everything would be reviewable, there would have to be some counter balance to it so the games dont last hours upon hours.

Definitely needed. Should have thought of that. At least three or four extra game day actives. The "practice squad" is also a bit of a farce. Just go ahead and pay them the going rate, guys.

Also, marijuana -- at minimum -- should not be tested for. Most recreation drugs should not be tested for. And no performance supplement that's available to the public at large -- hgh, for example -- should be banned. The whole narrative against performance enhancing drugs needs to change. Turns out you can't get actually ready to play with some vegetables and a tall glass of milk.
As more states jump on allowing recreational, now 5 and in Michigan certain cities, the NFL is going to have to rethink their policy. It's a farce anyways because players are only subject to testing during the season. I would think that within 5 years the majority of states will legalize it recreationally and the high majority medicinally.

I would assume that when the league and NFLPA negotiate the penalties for offenses that the Fuhrer and his Gestapo are free lancing on, marijuana will be addressed. Or at least should be.

As more states jump on allowing recreational, now 5 and in Michigan certain cities, the NFL is going to have to rethink their policy. It's a farce anyways because players are only subject to testing during the season. I would think that within 5 years the majority of states will legalize it recreationally and the high majority medicinally.

I would assume that when the league and NFLPA negotiate the penalties for offenses that the Fuhrer and his Gestapo are free lancing on, marijuana will be addressed. Or at least should be.

Thought they already reduced the positive test level. This was a give back for players agreeing to hgh testing. I think they bumped the level by 10 times. It will be hard to fail for pot now with new limits.

How many industries routinely drug test their employees, regardless of past behavior? I can't imagine it's that many (employees that do a lot of driving, perhaps).

How many industries routinely drug test their employees, regardless of past behavior? I can't imagine it's that many (employees that do a lot of driving, perhaps).
My youngest son attends Colorado State and lives off campus. He applied for a job at Target and was tested. He failed but was asked if he had a medical card. Since he didn't he was removed from consideration for 6 months.

My youngest son attends Colorado State and lives off campus. He applied for a job at Target and was tested. He failed but was asked if he had a medical card. Since he didn't he was removed from consideration for 6 months.

Getting tested when you're hired is standard at many companies. But NFL players get tested after that and repeatedly, which doesn't seem that usual to me.

Getting tested when you're hired is standard at many companies. But NFL players get tested after that and repeatedly, which doesn't seem that usual to me.

They only get tested once a year and the timeframe is known by players as long as they have never had a test failure. It's not random testing

I would have Roger Goodell fired. I would have calls reviewed too, if for critical situations or ones that sure seemed sketchy calls. A criticial call, reviewed and reversed if the replay shows that the ref was wrong. I remember 4 years ago, how Dolphins got robbed against the steelers when Ben fumbled the ball before crossing the endzone but it was ruled a touchdown. Calls reversed for calls that were bad one's such as regarding roughing the passer. Obviously, there is an effort to protect qbs from concussions and players. So it's fine to have hits to the head penalized. However, I'd like to see where guys can actually tackle the qb hard, in the chest or incidental hit where it's not flagged. I've seen some calls especially against qbs like (tom brady), where he's just touched and a defensive player is called for roughing the passer.

I understand miami being brought over to the AFC south division and other teams going accordingly to their location and region. It's just hard to want to give up the rivalry though against the jets, bills and pats. I would have it so there could be such thing as shut down corners again and allow dbs to cover like they used to prior to 2004 and the rule change. I'd have it so dbs can jam and press 10 yards, not just 5 yards.

I don't like overtime ending as a tie during the regular season. If nobody scores or they both get a fg and no other score by the end of overtime, it will not be a tie. After the first overtime, the teams will line up like in college overtime as in to speed up the decision, add excitement and have a team a winner. The second overtime for the regular season will go the college football format or like that.

I do agree with another poster that I'd rather have it be rock, scissors, paper, instead of a coin flip. I'd be pretty funny seeing the beginning of overtime and a bunch of players in a huddle discussing the one they will pick, like a family huddle during family feud ha. And last but not least, Tom Brady ejected if he throws a tantrum like he did against the panthers or suspended a game.

One thing I should have definitely added to my list was to eliminate the ban on excessive or planned celebrations. Who's idea was it to ban using the ball as a prop or having a bunch of guys act out a funny skit, and why hasn't that person been tortured to death?

One thing I should have definitely added to my list was to eliminate the ban on excessive or planned celebrations. Who's idea was it to ban using the ball as a prop or having a bunch of guys act out a funny skit, and why hasn't that person been tortured to death?

Hold that thought. Just a sec, there's a phone call I've got to take.

joehorn87jpg50a2cb068a55be23_medium-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom