A year form now Charlie Weiss will be up for NFL jobs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A year form now Charlie Weiss will be up for NFL jobs

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
ND has 9 straight bowl losses (not all on Charlie of course but a bad trend)

Charlie doesn't have 1 good win since he's been there. Hasn't beaten too many good teams in reaility. That fan base will be ready to throw him under the bus after another year with no big wins. And with Quinn gone, getting big wins next year will be tough.

A year from now, Charlie Weiss will be up for every NFL job. He will see the hand-writing on the wall and bolt before they go after his head!!

but i thought he was ND's savior?

I don't disagree with a lot of your thoughts, but I think ND's fan base will probably give him at least one more year. As of right now, they still love him.

IF he really feels that his time is limited there, he may call teams this off-season. Like us or Atlanta. I would see him calling us first so he would have two shots at BB every year.

Yeah, ND's offensive line looked like, well, the Dolphins offensive line last night. Quinn was running for his life for half the game. Well he better get used to that, especially since he'll be drafted by Detroit or Oakland. They have turnstiles for O-lines.

I think Weis has 2 to 3 more years before the ND faithful start calling for his head. They've at least got to let him get a couple of recruiting classes into the upperclass. He's got Clausen coming in next year, and if you believe the hype surrounding that kid, he's god's gift to the gridiron. He might invent a new position or something.:rolleyes:

Yeah, ND's offensive line looked like, well, the Dolphins offensive line last night. Quinn was running for his life for half the game. Well he better get used to that, especially since he'll be drafted by Detroit or Oakland. They have turnstiles for O-lines.

I think Weis has 2 to 3 more years before the ND faithful start calling for his head. They've at least got to let him get a couple of recruiting classes into the upperclass. He's got Clausen coming in next year, and if you believe the hype surrounding that kid, he's god's gift to the gridiron. He might invent a new position or something.:rolleyes:

Sad thing about the O-line is all of them have started a lot of games (aside from Sam Young).

Claussen... I don't think he'll be that great, and here's why.
1.Kind of short(good size, not great)
2.Weak Arm
3.Benefitted from being on a LOADED team (a lot of the players are going D-1)
4.His team played against weak compitition (when his team played one of Cali's best programs, he threw for 98 yards and 3 ints)

Could he be a good QB? yes. BUT, with the hype surrounding him, if he doesn't win a heisman, and a national championship he'll be deemed a failure.

Plus in terms of passing skills, I think Brantley and Mallett are better. The only thing Claussen has on them is accuracy, and not by much.

He has 19 wins in two years, a better start than any coach in ND history.

Who has he beat though????? Beating up on UNC, Mich St, Air Force, Army, Navy........not impressive!!!

0-2 in Bowls
0-2 vs USC

That's what matters!! And in those 2 bowls he has gotten killed

Who has he beat though????? Beating up on UNC, Mich St, Air Force, Army, Navy........not impressive!!!

0-2 in Bowls
0-2 vs USC

That's what matters!! And in those 2 bowls he has gotten killed

The two coaches that came before him lost to good teams and bad teams. Weis has us beating the teams we should beat and we're losing to the better teams that should beat us. He hasnt even gotten one of his recruiting classes really in the game yet so no one is going to start throwing him under the bus now, except people wanting to start drama.

And any ND fan who pays the least bit of attention isnt excepting much from the team next year. It's 08 and 09 that we're looking forward to.

ND has made it pretty unlikely that Weis will be leaving any time soon. Unless some NFL team is ready to poney up an insane amount of money.

Let's put all of the Charlie Weis-to-the-NFL possibilities to bed, shall we? I've got the real number it would take to buy him out of his contract, which has nine years left to run at Notre Dame. That figure plus the fact that he doesn't want to leave should take him out of the NFL pool for the foreseeable future.
The rock-solid, no-exceptions buyout number for Weis from Notre Dame: $21 million

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/01/14/playoffs/4.html

He has 19 wins in two years, a better start than any coach in ND history.
Okay, but he is still 0-2 in bowl games and ND might not wait around for him to build the program he needs to in order to that first big bowl win. He most likely won't be in a BCS bowl nect year because of the talent and starters that he is losing. He is a good coach but need to get a that elusive bowl win and it might take him 1-3 years to do that. Will ND wait that long?

And what NFL team will be willing to pay the $20 Million buyout price for his services if he can't cut it at ND?????

Okay, but he is still 0-2 in bowl games and ND might not wait around for him to build the program he needs to in order to that first big bowl win. He most likely won't be in a BCS bowl nect year because of the talent and starters that he is losing. He is a good coach but need to get a that elusive bowl win and it might take him 1-3 years to do that. Will ND wait that long?

Of course they'll give him a few years to turn things around. I think people are forgetting how bad ND was before he got here. He has overachieved up to this point. They'll let him get a few recruiting classes in before they decide he cant do the job. Especially when those recruiting classes are leaps and bounds better than anything we've seen in quite some time. Besides not going to a BCS game could help with that bowl win next year because we'll hopefully be in a bowl more suited for our talent level.

My only reason for bumping this thread was to show why he isnt going to the NFL next year. Even if he wins a championship at ND in a year or two (not saying it will happen) a team isnt going to offer him a 20-30 mill contract and pay ND 21 mill. He isnt going anywhere in 1-2 years as the thread hints at.

Back
Top Bottom