Absolutely Nothing Has Changed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Absolutely Nothing Has Changed

Nah. We’re screwed.

No matter who we sign, who we cut, All Pros all around or Pop Warner, how much or how cheap, we’re simply screwed. Cap is a mess, roster sucks, coaches suck, FO sucks......

Or not.

We don’t know how we’re gonna pan out any more than the draft gurus know who is drafting who. It’s all a guess.

And we won’t know until September.

Now, if you really DO know what’s up, I recommend you get a job with the Dolphins. Get paid millions of dollars to make the correct decisions to improve the team you love. Become wealthy, famous, and the hero of Dolphins fans worldwide.

Or just wait and see, just like everybody else.

Signing Sitton would go along the what people are complaining about. Getting a 30+ year old player who has been injured the last 2 years. Applying yet another band-aid to a Guard issue we've had for many years.
Well when you don't have the Bills draft picks you can't address everything. I mean realism has to come into play at some point, you can't just keep whining without an alternate solution.

Id like to know what the decision makers for the dolphins have done to make any of us trust “their vision”.

The dolphins have been garbage for almost 2 decades now. Any dolphins fan who whines because of the moves made are justified in doing so. The reason why is because nobody in the dolphins front office or gase for that matter has earned the fans trust.

My initial reaction to the moves made is disgust. How anybody can argue different is obsurd. The dolphins have earned the I will believe it when i see it attitude Ihave towards them.

Well when you don't have the Bills draft picks you can't address everything. I mean realism has to come into play at some point, you can't just keep whining without an alternate solution.

The solution seemed pretty simple to me, we've had a need for a guard for years and there was a young all pro guard available in free agency who cost the same at the 2 slot WR's we signed. Another solution would have been to not overpay for a decent WR in Wilson. Regardless of other teams doing so, let's be smarter and not. I mean it's almost unanimous that noone wants Tannenbaum here yet I'm suppose to trust this guy who's made bad move after bad move?

5'9" 205 isn't really undersized, and we only "committed" $12 million to him (his guarantee). He will likely make around $4.75 million this year. But rant on.

5’9” isn’t undersized for a nickel CB. It is undserzized for un proven WR, when you already have have a small speedster who has shown he can fill the same role.

Giving 8.75 million gauaranteed of a 12 million dollar contract to a 32 year WR injury prone WR.

These moves don’t say we can’t fix other needs it’s simply saying it’s foolish and the model that we have been using the past 3 years that has brought us no where isn’t changing. I’m sure all the people who are taking issue with my post were bashing trading 3 draft picks to get Caroo while not having Gs and LBs worthy of starting on our roster.

I absolutely feel the frustration. I'm going to hold final judgement until after the draft, as there's still time to address the huge holes we have that we haven't addressed in the last 2-3 years. But not going to take the same leap just yet. I'm holding judgement until after then. Problem is, even if they don't address those holes, there will still be those saying how wrong we are and what a great draft it was, etc. etc. So I guess we either accept it and hope for the best or just find a new team (which I'm not doing). Keep the faith, eventually they'll get it right someday.

Our biggest deficiencies last year our side of QB last year were o-line, TE, and LB who could cover a TE. So free agency start and we go after two WRs who were both number 3 options on other teams, so we decided to pay them as #2 WRs. One is 32 years and we guaranteed 3/4 of his cpontract much like we did with Timmons and Mario Williams. All this as Grant was emerging last year as the obvious pick for our #3 WR, who costs 1/16 of either of these contracts.

We had a very talented kicker who won games last season so we let him walk.

Our oline was awful for what 5 years in row, so we decide to keep the same core and over pay for an average RT.

We currently have a no TE worth mentioning, but are just about out of money, as the Suh relief doesn't kick in to June 1st.

Oh year we have no back up QB either dispite losing 1.25 seasons due to not having a back up QB.

Bang up job front office.
I absolutely feel the frustration. I'm going to hold final judgement until after the draft, as there's still time to address the huge holes we have that we haven't addressed in the last 2-3 years. But not going to take the same leap just yet. I'm holding judgement until after then. Problem is, even if they don't address those holes, there will still be those saying how wrong we are and what a great draft it was, etc. etc. So I guess we either accept it and hope for the best or just find a new team (which I'm not doing). Keep the faith, eventually they'll get it right someday.
Lmao these posts aren't supposed to be made until after the draft dude.

I know you're just chomping at the bit to complain but at least wait until FA actually starts.
The solution seemed pretty simple to me, we've had a need for a guard for years and there was a young all pro guard available in free agency who cost the same at the 2 slot WR's we signed. Another solution would have been to not overpay for a decent WR in Wilson. Regardless of other teams doing so, let's be smarter and not. I mean it's almost unanimous that noone wants Tannenbaum here yet I'm suppose to trust this guy who's made bad move after bad move?
I

I love watching the football transactions during free agency, trades and the draft....but, I really don't think it makes much difference here in Miami. The front office the owner and the coaches need a plan, and need to be on the same page for this football.. team to progress. We are so far behind in the football world that it's not funny. The coaches we hire as head coaches have no experience running a team Remember Cam Cameron, Tony Sparano, Joe Philbin? None of them had experience running a team....each had to change the team according to his vision. Now, here we have Adam Gase...and it's the same thing. Three more years lost. We could have hired experienced coaches.......but no, we wanted youth, offense, and new ideas. It did not work then and will not work now. The front office is the same way....Tannenbaum has no football knowledge that is useful in building a good team. He's an agent turned GM. It won't work. Then, you have the owner who seems to have his head in his **s and has no football awareness, and doesn't seem to care. So what I'm saying is ...whomever you bring to this team...it really does not matter...it will not turn things around.

Back
Top Bottom