ACC=Stick with basketball | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ACC=Stick with basketball

Namor

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
Boy, the ACC are pansies.Thats all I can say after watching Thurs through
tonight.

VT, NC State, UVA and Clemson all go down.

and Maryland at home only beats Delaware by 7.

THIS IS KARMA COMING FULL CIRCLE. This is a conference and a Conf. Commish who tried to kill off another conference a few years back for no reason other than money. Now he has by far the WORST conference (on the BCS level) in college football. A conference that has won 1 BCS bowl game EVER!!!

Karma is a *****

It''s just pathetic, they expanded to turn a good football conf into a great one and football stinks and in the process they made the best basketball conf alot worse. It's embarrassing.

The next ACC fan that talks about taking away the Big East's BCS bowl bid should be pimp-slapped back to reality.

In Clemson's defense they faced a tough team coached by one of the best coaches the World has ever seen. I think this Saban guy can be a great NFL HC some day. I wonder if anyone will give him a chance?:D

It''s just pathetic, they expanded to turn a good football conf into a great one and football stinks and in the process they made the best basketball conf alot worse. It's embarrassing.

very true. VT and Miami are killing the RPI of the other ACC schools. Hurting them when it comes to seeding come Big Dance time. I mean Duke and UNC will always be Duck and UNC, but the rest of the teams have taken a hit.

On the other hand the Big East has loaded up with L'ville, Cincy, Marquette which helped them b'ball wise become that #1 b'ball conference almost year in and year out. And football wise it wasn't the disastar everyone thought it would be. In fact since Miami has been "down" the Big East hasn't been hurt all that much in reality. They just got hurt in perception which is now starting to change thanks to WV and S.Florida.

In Clemson's defense they faced a tough team coached by one of the best coaches the World has ever seen. I think this Saban guy can be a great NFL HC some day. I wonder if anyone will give him a chance?:D

True dat'. But Clemson was the best the ACC has to offer and ranked Top 10. Bama' started a bunch of freshmen and is middle of the road SEC. And it was on a neutral field. Clemson should have at least kept it close.

But no excuses for VT and NC State! And Maryland in a "WIN" should be hanging their heads

very true. VT and Miami are killing the RPI of the other ACC schools. Hurting them when it comes to seeding come Big Dance time. I mean Duke and UNC will always be Duck and UNC, but the rest of the teams have taken a hit.

On the other hand the Big East has loaded up with L'ville, Cincy, Marquette which helped them b'ball wise become that #1 b'ball conference almost year in and year out. And football wise it wasn't the disastar everyone thought it would be. In fact since Miami has been "down" the Big East hasn't been hurt all that much in reality. They just got hurt in perception which is now starting to change thanks to WV and S.Florida.

The BE has only been the best conf 1 year since expansion and that ws '06 and they still didn't get a team to the FF. The problem w/ the BE basketball wise is there are too many teams ao while they have more good teams(they should b/c they have more overall teams) the bottom half is awful so the good teams beat up on the weak teams and pad their #s which is why they get so many teams in the Tourney.

The BE has only been the best conf 1 year since expansion and that ws '06 and they still didn't get a team to the FF. The problem w/ the BE basketball wise is there are too many teams ao while they have more good teams(they should b/c they have more overall teams) the bottom half is awful so the good teams beat up on the weak teams and pad their #s which is why they get so many teams in the Tourney.

maybe. But I would rather have THAT PROBLEM than the problem the ACC currently has in both football/b'ball. I think we agree on that. :up:

Being a Bama alum,....I agree. Saban deserves a raise.

I just hate what it has done to basketball.

Eventually FSU and Miami should be able to get back to the top, hen that happens the conf will get alot better but w/ those 2 being so bad it kills the conf FB wise.

RU isn't going to be good for long after Schiano takes over for Paterno, WVU is headed down w/o Rodriguez, Louisville is ok, Pitt isn't going anywhere, I think the BE is going to go back to mediocrity in FB and join the ACC as the lower rungs of the BCS food chain.

I just hate what it has done to basketball.

Eventually FSU and Miami should be able to get back to the top, hen that happens the conf will get alot better but w/ those 2 being so bad it kills the conf FB wise.

RU isn't going to be good for long after Schiano takes over for Paterno, WVU is headed down w/o Rodriguez, Louisville is ok, Pitt isn't going anywhere, I think the BE is going to go back to mediocrity in FB and join the ACC as the lower rungs of the BCS food chain.

I'm not so sure about Miami and FSU getting back to the top so easy. The college football landscape has changed so much. Look at Nebraska. They fell and they haven't gotten back up yet. With the limits on scholorships they pass out now......it's tougher. And throw a 4th major team into the state of Florida (S.Florida) and competing for players is tougher than ever down there.

WV won't fall off so quick. They have something good going. Rutgers is throwing money around left and right. When Schiano leaves.......they will bring in a big name coach. I see them hanging around for a while. If Pitt hired a GOOD coach they could be GREAT. Wannstedt is holding them back.

Look, all joking aside, the ACC and Big East are esentially equal conferences in my opinion.They are the premire b'ball conferences. And about equal as the bottom 2 BCS football conferences. It's just that the ACC folk (Not you necessarily) in general think they are on par with the SEC, Big 12, Pac 10 in football...etc. WHEN THEY AREN'T!!!!! And never will be.

They killed off the "charm" the ACC had and its now just another conference in basketball. And in football its just a conference with a bunch of bad teams

The SEC is pretty good in BBall,also.

The SEC is pretty good in BBall,also.

Outside of Florida no SEC team has made a FF this decade. The SEC used to be the best along w/ the ACC but in the late 90s-early 00s that began to change.

Back
Top Bottom