ACC=Stick with basketball | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ACC=Stick with basketball

The rate we are going, if Miami takes care of their ACC business they have a chance of winning the ACC and going to a BCS bowl.

very true. VT and Miami are killing the RPI of the other ACC schools. Hurting them when it comes to seeding come Big Dance time. I mean Duke and UNC will always be Duck and UNC, but the rest of the teams have taken a hit.

On the other hand the Big East has loaded up with L'ville, Cincy, Marquette which helped them b'ball wise become that #1 b'ball conference almost year in and year out. And football wise it wasn't the disastar everyone thought it would be. In fact since Miami has been "down" the Big East hasn't been hurt all that much in reality. They just got hurt in perception which is now starting to change thanks to WV and S.Florida.

Didn't Miami make the NCAA tournament? Didn't the ACC have the #1 RPI in college basketball? What in the world are you talking about?

The rate we are going, if Miami takes care of their ACC business they have a chance of winning the ACC and going to a BCS bowl.

Yeah it sure seems that way. VT and Clemson were the two biggest challenges, and if this weekend was any indication, we just might have a chance. Marve broke all of Tebow's records in high school, so we know he's capable. The defense should be tough again. I'm looking forward to seeing what this team can do. Maybe if Ron Zook had preceded Shannon, we would be BCS bound.

I just hate what it has done to basketball.

Eventually FSU and Miami should be able to get back to the top, hen that happens the conf will get alot better but w/ those 2 being so bad it kills the conf FB wise.

RU isn't going to be good for long after Schiano takes over for Paterno, WVU is headed down w/o Rodriguez, Louisville is ok, Pitt isn't going anywhere, I think the BE is going to go back to mediocrity in FB and join the ACC as the lower rungs of the BCS food chain.

:lol: 'Dems fightin' words!

I'm not so sure about Miami and FSU getting back to the top so easy. The college football landscape has changed so much. Look at Nebraska. They fell and they haven't gotten back up yet. With the limits on scholorships they pass out now......it's tougher. And throw a 4th major team into the state of Florida (S.Florida) and competing for players is tougher than ever down there.

WV won't fall off so quick. They have something good going. Rutgers is throwing money around left and right. When Schiano leaves.......they will bring in a big name coach. I see them hanging around for a while. If Pitt hired a GOOD coach they could be GREAT. Wannstedt is holding them back.

Look, all joking aside, the ACC and Big East are esentially equal conferences in my opinion.They are the premire b'ball conferences. And about equal as the bottom 2 BCS football conferences. It's just that the ACC folk (Not you necessarily) in general think they are on par with the SEC, Big 12, Pac 10 in football...etc. WHEN THEY AREN'T!!!!! And never will be.

They killed off the "charm" the ACC had and its now just another conference in basketball. And in football its just a conference with a bunch of bad teams

your stupidity kills me sometimes dont even care to respond to you any more than that

The ACC has been down in football for a few years, but its all cyclical. UNC, Miami, and Wake Forest all look like they have found guys who can recruit and coach after years of turmoil. With the amount of talent Miami has coming in every year, its almost a given they'll return to the top. FSU still brings in top recruits every year, but they need to fix their coaching mess sooner than later.

I don't like what the expansion did to basketball in the ACC, but it's hard to argue with the economics. Football is what brings in the dollars, and the conference wanted a championship game to maximize its revenue potential.

Back
Top Bottom