According to Omar Kelly, | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Omar Kelly,

Yea I think hes gonna start, Parcells drafted him in 2000 and he likes him. He probably wants a guy who has actually started in the NFL and won some games. They talk about Penningtons on-field knowledge and leadership on the NFL network and stuff like that but I mean look at the other options. McCowns been a backup everywhere hes been. It's only gonna be Becks second year and from what I saw last year hes not gonne be your franchise quarterback. And Henne, I would like him to be our quarterback but hes a rookie and he needs to adjust to the game, learn the playbook and get his timing down. I like his arm and I think he could be a pretty good quarterback for the dolphins in the future. Therefore, I think with Pennington being the most experienced and being a Parcells draft pick he'll definately land the starting job by week 1 against the Jets. I am a little skeptikal though because he has had those shoulder problems in the past and he cant throw the deep ball. I guess being accurate can make up for it in a sense, but its a shame he doesnt have the long ball...it would be nice to see some deep plays for a change. Its hard to pick who will get cut though, its either McCown or Beck. I havent seen much of Beck this year in camp but based on last year he was so indecisive and it looked like he was just out place like he had no confidence. We're building for the future and he doesnt look like the future. McCown has been a back up all these years for the reason that hes just not good enough to start. Someones usually gotta go down with an injury in order for him to get any playing time. I like Henne though, im hopin he can be the franchise QB we been waitin for since Marino left. I think if Pennington never became available on the market Henne would be starting against the Jets week 1.

I believe this is true, which is WHY Parcells probably went after Pennington, once he was available. I think it makes a lot of sense. He wanted someone to mentor Henne, and Pennington is a great source of football knowledge. He's going to be a great teacher of sorts to Henne.

beck would be the starter if chad wouldnt have been picked up.. my oppinion, so dont attack me..

beck would be the starter if chad wouldnt have been picked up.. my oppinion, so dont attack me..

until he dropped back and just fumbles the ball straight into the air like he likes to do. Then Gholston would pick it up and rumble for a td. After that Henne would never give up the starting position.

Yea I think hes gonna start, Parcells drafted him in 2000 and he likes him. He probably wants a guy who has actually started in the NFL and won some games. They talk about Penningtons on-field knowledge and leadership on the NFL network and stuff like that but I mean look at the other options. McCowns been a backup everywhere hes been. It's only gonna be Becks second year and from what I saw last year hes not gonne be your franchise quarterback. And Henne, I would like him to be our quarterback but hes a rookie and he needs to adjust to the game, learn the playbook and get his timing down. I like his arm and I think he could be a pretty good quarterback for the dolphins in the future. Therefore, I think with Pennington being the most experienced and being a Parcells draft pick he'll definately land the starting job by week 1 against the Jets. I am a little skeptikal though because he has had those shoulder problems in the past and he cant throw the deep ball. I guess being accurate can make up for it in a sense, but its a shame he doesnt have the long ball...it would be nice to see some deep plays for a change. Its hard to pick who will get cut though, its either McCown or Beck. I havent seen much of Beck this year in camp but based on last year he was so indecisive and it looked like he was just out place like he had no confidence. We're building for the future and he doesnt look like the future. McCown has been a back up all these years for the reason that hes just not good enough to start. Someones usually gotta go down with an injury in order for him to get any playing time. I like Henne though, im hopin he can be the franchise QB we been waitin for since Marino left. I think if Pennington never became available on the market Henne would be starting against the Jets week 1.

The shoulder surgeries pennington had doesnt affect is ability to throw deep. In fact, from what i've read he has a better deep ball than favre. What's wrong with him is he cannot put any zip on the ball. When theres slant routes, he doesnt put enough velocity on the ball to sqeeze it in there like favre or manning. Just thought you should know.

You want facts? Pennington was released because they traded for Brett Favre. Has nothing to do with the Pennington vs. Clemens battle. Many would tell you that Pennington was leading the way in that competition.

But when Brett and his $12 million salary was acquired, salary cap room needed to be made, and Pennington makes far more than Clemens.

Here ya go, some facts.

Winning also has a lot to do with brining in Brett Favre and it's also the reason you play the game. Youth is not an excuse to keep a player. Clemens may be younger but he as hell has done nothing to prove he's worthy of keeping.

Just to clear the air, I also think Chad will start, but I'm all for a competition. Wether it's formality or not, I think the mindset is good for the team. And what happens if Chad is injured week one, it's not like the chances are slim and none? I think the coaches need to keep the QB's battling.

Pennington won't be handed the starting job.

Again, I like this approach. Some fans here are convinced our QB position is bad, and Henne is the only choice we have at the future, maybe. But I think the staff will do their best to make sure it's the right choice even short term. Sorry guy's but I don't think we're going to be a playoff team just yet, so why not work towards finding a QB lineup that best fits this team and their philosphy?

I think we are finally doing things the right way, building the lines up with big strong guy's, adding talent the QB position, making every position a battle for who wants it most.

Anyone watch Sparano on the sidlines this past game? The looked like he knew what he was doing screaming at the players, screaming at the refs and not looking like he was gonna cry any minute. I love the way things are going with this team, I could care less what our record is this year I think everything else this team is doing will be fun to watch. I think we will see steady improvements from week to week.

Here's the rest of the link to the Pennington article enjoy:

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-flspdolphins11sbaug11,0,6831069.story

Even so, I expect C Penn to start. I mean, if he isn't better then the other 3 at this point in his career, why even sign him?

I think penington will start .

henne and beck will be the 1 and 2 of the future .

penington will be here 2 years maximum .

Even so, I expect C Penn to start. I mean, if he isn't better then the other 3 at this point in his career, why even sign him?

He just has to be better than one of them in order to justify signing him. If it's one thing we've seen thus far from the FO, it's that they're completely willing to upgrade any and all roster spots, whatever that takes.

I didn't expect him to be handed the job from day one, but you ca bet he will quickly take control of the job. In fact, I bet he starts this weekend.

Pennington is the guy this season, and Henne will be groomed to be the guy in 2009 and beyond. I think Beck will be kept as the #3 and we say goodbye to Josh McCown.

Back
Top Bottom