Adam Gase presser 5/5 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase presser 5/5

I really think coaching and culture will make all the difference with the rooks. They have a much better chance to succeed with Gase in charge.

Love how he isnt coach speaking 24/7 like Philbin did.
I heard every Philbin press conference and I got the impression that old Joe was trying hard to be guarded at all times - not to give any hint of any information that could be seized by others. He was probably a good man and trying to do his best but by never revealing anything he appeared extremely bland and stirred zero passion from the fanbase and probably the players. He did well in Green Bay as Mike McCarthy's right hand guy but ultimately failed in Miami as a Head Coach because he lacked the ability to inspire others and that is a big part of the job. The irony is that he made things so bland that it set things up perfectly for his replacement, Adam Gase to be warmly embraced by the players and the fanbase. Gase is the complete opposite to Philbin. He is fresh, inspiring, bold and very candid.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's amazing how the culture around this team feels like the Miami Heat more and more. Harris reportedly didn't have an interest in stopping the run in college. Now, he knows the deal from day one. Sounds like he will comply.

[video=youtube_share;dMsNq-OFkag]https://youtu.be/dMsNq-OFkag[/video]

I heard every Philbin press conference and I got the impression that old Joe was trying hard to be guarded at all times - not to give any hint of any information that could be seized by others. He was probably a good man and trying to do his best but by never revealing anything he appeared extremely bland and stirred zero passion from the fanbase and probably the players. He did well in Green Bay as Mike McCarthy's right hand guy but ultimately failed in Miami because he lacked the ability to inspire. The irony is that he made things so bland that it set things up perfectly for his replacement, Adam Gase to be warmly embraced by the players and the fanbase. Gase is the complete opposite to Philbin. He is fresh, inspiring, bold and very candid.
Two comments about Philbin. 1) His comments didn't match reality/promises. How many times did he do a post-game presser and say "we have a few things to clean up." Those things were never cleaned up. His personality was a cancer. Everyone saw the difference between Philbin's last game and forget-his-name first game. No, it didn't last, but the passion was obvious. With that tangent covered, Gase seems to understand NFL players. He knows how to be honest without throwing players overboard. He's comfortable with "personalities." He actually participates in the draft process. Fans can see that difference on the field.

Two comments about Philbin. 1) His comments didn't match reality/promises. How many times did he do a post-game presser and say "we have a few things to clean up." Those things were never cleaned up. His personality was a cancer. Everyone saw the difference between Philbin's last game and forget-his-name first game. No, it didn't last, but the passion was obvious. With that tangent covered, Gase seems to understand NFL players. He knows how to be honest without throwing players overboard. He's comfortable with "personalities." He actually participates in the draft process. Fans can see that difference on the field.
"The other team deserved to win"

I used to hate that line.

I like the way Gase has transformed the culture also. But I'm also liking Chris Grier too. It feels like we may finally have a competent front office.

It may take a minute for CH to catch on but I do believe the coaching staff, Gase, see in him Wake. Not saying he is going to be the next Wake but the "upside" comment could make one believe that.

I still think we landed the right player in the right spot in round one. He has an opportunity to learn from Wake.
I feel like that too, but let's be honest - Dion Jordan said exactly the same things when he was drafted, especially the part about learning from Wake. This is probably the last time Wake will be around to teach a rookie - let's hope the pupil really wants to learn this time.

Well after watching these interviews they seem pretty impressive. Well spoken seem like they are hungry. We shall see if that translates to the field though. But wow gotta love the vibe of this team right now.

Would be nice if they got a press/media room that didn't look like the back corner of a high school class room!

(Which it probably almost is at Nova University)

He Freakin looks like Wake when he plays.

They play on opposite sides.

What are offenses gonna do? Who are you going to double?

I like how VERY SERIOUS this organization has become under Gase.

Getting tough minded players who have relentless motors, alpha personalities, and the world to conquer or die attitudes.

This season we are going to surprise a lot of people.

Gase is not playing. And the world is gonna know it!

It may take a minute for CH to catch on but I do believe the coaching staff, Gase, see in him Wake. Not saying he is going to be the next Wake but the "upside" comment could make one believe that.

I know what you mean - but I was actually thinking the opposite.

Its kinda like Bellichek in his hoodie.

Its the I don't give an F attitude about the presentation.

You in the media will be dragging behind last in figuring out this story.

This ain't the old crappy Dolphins no-more.

Gase is building something serious - very serious - and he has everyone in the building buying in HARD.

So we fans know because we live and die with this team - and we have died countless micro deaths with the stupid iterations of this team in recent DECADES!

But this is different now.

And the team knows it - it seems to me the media is last to figure it out so let them sit in their HS class as part of their remedial learning!

Would be nice if they got a press/media room that didn't look like the back corner of a high school class room!

(Which it probably almost is at Nova University)

Back
Top Bottom