Adam's Game Day Thread (messed up merge)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by NYC#1finsfan, Nov 5, 2017.

1. NYC#1finsfan

NYC#1finsfan #1DandyDanFan

What in the world is with this dink and dunk offense? It's sickening. This "D" of the Raiders is known for giving up big plays! Disgusting!!!!!

abNORMal likes this.
  2. gofins60

gofins60 A True Fan

If they don't go deep because Cutler can't do it, then Gase is to blame for wanting him. If they don't go deep because the QB doesn't have time, then Tannenbaum and Gase are to blame for not replacing all of the o-linemen. If they don't go deep because Gase prefers the short pass, then Gase is to blame. The way I see it, the only way for Miami to be successful is to start by replacing Tannenbaum and Gase.

BahamaFinFan78 and joenhre like this.
  3. RalphX19X

RalphX19X MVP

Forget throwing deep. Penalties are killing everything.

4. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

Gotta walk before you can run.

You got an offense that isn't very good at pass protecting and keeps committing penalties. Move the chains and try to put some points on the board.

3rd N Long likes this.
  5. gofins60

gofins60 A True Fan

True. This is why I hold those in charge responsible for not building a real o-line that can pass protect and open holes for the RBs.

3rd N Long likes this.
  6. NYC#1finsfan

The Washington Redskins played with all backup O-Lineman except for one and he had 2 bad ankles and they got the job done in Seattle. So NO EXCUSES!!!! This offense is offensive and NEEDS to CHANGE!

7. Ren

Ren Rookie

Cutler can't throw deep. One attempt, and he was waaaay off.

8. eomdtbtr

eomdtbtr Starter

Pass protection is the one thing this o-line is decent at. At least, it is with James in at RT, not Young. It's run blocking we're embarrassingly inept at. Cutler's actually had decent pass-pro tonight.

9. kingfin23

kingfin23 This is the Year

Gase don't know that the Radiers have worst pass deep ball back field in the game. Obviously

10. NYC#1finsfan

Nighty Night.

11. Phinsguy

Phinsguy A True Fan

I know......and I don't know if everyone sees this but it's almost like he forgot how to throw........he's consistently using mostly his arm to push passes and not getting his whole body into throw or rotating fully....and he was doing this BEFORE the rib injury for almost every throw this season.

Avigatorx and joenhre like this.
  12. TarHeelFinFan

TarHeelFinFan Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire

Cutler can't throw deep at all. The arm simply isn't there. Gase isn't averse to going deep. With Tannehill last year we led the league in completed deep balls. When Tannehill went down this season was going to be a challenge. Capable QBs are not available in August.

miami365 and marinolives1331 like this.
  13. Gordykr

Gordykr Falkirk PhinFan Donator

2 broken ribs might make it hard to throw deep.....

14. mmansfield

mmansfield Well-Known Member

He will be off all year throwing deep. Still is Mr happy feet if not for Parker bail out I don't know he completed another past 15 yards. Would love to see how many deep routes team is running and what the progression is as it seems we are running shallow primary shallow.

joenhre likes this.
  15. Despacio

Despacio Pro Bowler

Has Cutler had the time for deep plays to develop?

3rd N Long likes this.
  16. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Our ENTIRE o-line stinks. Everyone of the starters blow chunks. That totally handcuffs our offense.

17. Ren

Ren Rookie

Being Jay Cutler makes it hard to throw deep. I don't think he's completed one all season.

18. dolphinlifer

dolphinlifer Banned Hammered

Guys Cutler was well protected most of the night, it has nothing to do with ability to throw deep, the second of two deep throws in the game and parker made an outstanding catch for a big gain. Gase simply refuses to try.

19. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer 5 Years of Posting Excellence. Finheaven VIP Donator

On the plus side, I almost feel like this game was such a highlight of that fact that there is simply no way that the team can stand pat with the status quo. I think there will be big changes to the starting OL this off-season. Hopefully starting with the center.

Phinatic8u and joenhre like this.
  20. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Go back and watch last year. Team had zero issue going deep.

21. DisturbedShifty

DisturbedShifty Wort-wort-wort!!! Administrator Finheaven VIP

How come the O in God is edited out?

22. Michael Scott

Michael Scott A True Fan

There is no reason why we shouldn't be taking a deep shot at least every other possession with Parker, especially with how often he's left in man coverage.

But hey, Dolphins.... That's why.

23. Phinsguy

Phinsguy A True Fan

No....he's thrown a few....to Stills & Parker but not many, just dinking and dunking out there.

24. jessejames123

jessejames123 Scout Team

Protection was adequate enough to be able to chuck it out there, especially prior to 4th Qtr. 3 backup CB's and didnt even attempt.

sighhh.

25. andyahs

andyahs Bahamian Redneck Finheaven VIP Donator

Not only that but people forget about his ribs. That had to limit him going deep.

26. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Who would have been better, the huge cancer known as Kap? Unfortunately, considering the relationship Gase and Cutler had, this was the best choice.

The O-line for the most part was not horrible last year, they thought with Tunsil at LT, a healthy Pouncey, a pickup in the offseason of Larsen, and the draft of Asiata, they did enough, but as is out team, we lose Larson most of the year, Pouncey not practicing that much hurting his effectiveness, Tunsil not ready for LT as well as Asiata ready for any of the guard positions, they failed, but there was not way anyone could know how this year would go.

Gase got who he thought was the best option to help continue this team to grow, but if the QB has deficiencies, a good HC will not force them and allow him to fail. When/If Gse see's Cutler is capable to consistently throw deep passes without throwing INTs, he will start allowing him to go deep.

Miami is without it's starting QB, not effectiveness on the O-line, or RB position, yet for the 2nd year in a row Miami is finding ways to be competitive...have we forgotten how this team played with HCs past.

JakeemThe Dream likes this.
  27. Dolphindrew

Dolphindrew Starter

I haven't seen many situations this year where there was a deep guy with separation that got ignored. I don't watch the endzone tape or whatever people call it, so I could be very wrong, but I'd say the route trees aren't made up that way due to our OL. I think Cutler could put the ball on someone down the field if he was comfortable and had time. I don't blame him for happy feet, honestly, with this line (although it did look a TON better at moments last night) - hopefully something that will evolve throughout the season if he stays in 1 piece.

28. Djavelin

Djavelin Head Dolphin In This Pod Donator

This oline needs major infusion of nasty,big,strong men. We see the defense is hitting hard and getting more physical, but still room for growth. The offense is pathetic. They need to watch the 72-73 season and learn what a real team is supposed look like.

29. phintim

phintim Seasoned Veteran

No threat of the run game takes the long all off the table and the defense back on the field, even with a stellar QB rating against a bad defense. Carolina is really going to bust Gases gonads.

30. JakeemThe Dream

JakeemThe Dream A True Fan

It's Jay Cutler. To think Gase didn't draw up any deep balls is so ridiculous. Tannehill and Gase did a fine job last year at throwing the deep ball (4th best). He wouldn't just stop calling it especially with Stills and Parker still on the team.

31. JakeemThe Dream

It baffles me that some honestly think gase doesn't call deep balls lol Halfway through the season I've learned that Gase is this years Tannehill. It's his fault no matter what. He should be fired lol He has a retired Qb and he's still 4-4. Let the players run the team and we'll see how that works. I thought discipline was a great trait to have as a Head Coach in the NFL. Maybe Im wrong Idk anymore after reading some of these crazy ideas of who's fault it is. Let's just blame Gase for everything. It is his team. Tannehill cannot be so Gase it is!! PHINS UP!! & Fire Gase!! LOL

lurking and tay0365 like this.
  32. Mabdul Doobakus

Mabdul Doobakus Well-Known Member

Cutler doesn't have the arm strength to make deep throws. This is pretty obvious. The only throw over 20 yards in the air I can remember him completing is that duck he put up against the Jets that Stills went up and got.

33. tay0365

tay0365 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

People forget what it was like with the HCs before Gase.

Even with all the issues that have hit us this year, we are still in the thick of things, and for the most part, no matter how it looks in the 1st half, I now have a feeling that in the 2nd half, a new team will be coming out...actual game adjustments, actual players playing with more fire and consistency.

Some fans would not feel right after a loss, unless they did not complain, and start naming coaches and players that needed to go.

34. LikeUntoGod

LikeUntoGod The Oracle

I so hate the dink an dunk offense. I do not believe in 3-5 yard passes. I do not believe in passing to a WR 2-3 yards deep on our side of the LOS either. I think to run the ball hard and then throw play action passes.

If we need 7 yards for a first down and the WR runs a 5-yard pattern I'd reem him out.

It seems like we have an offensive line that are "finesse" players.

This wussy offense is one reason I'm down on Gase. He started with it last year and then he and Ajayi had the talk and we started playing better RUNNING the ball more.

Avigatorx and gofins60 like this.
  35. JakeemThe Dream

Trust me brother, I'm probably one of the worst sports on the board. Like all of us, I consider myself as loyal as any Fin Fan on the board ,so I dont think placing blame on our on players and especially Adam Gase is necessary every time we lose. It may sound dumb but I believe people forgot what it feels like to lose after finishing the year 9-2. I said that because I did. I had total confidence every game last year (with Tannehill). Gase has had to deal with the most adversity and all in all I think he's handled it well. Like you said, we're 4-4 and 1 game from the playoffs with a retired Qb (not named Favre or Manning or even Romo lol). If we got rid of Gase, I can bet 5-7 teams would make him their first priority. I HATE losing but love the Dolphins and don't think we should call for the coaches head after every loss. I could see if we were you know..1-7 or even 2-6. We have a 500% record with Jay Cutler. I think the Ajayi trade is going to open our eyes to Drake who besides the fumble had a good game. Remember who came before Gase and then look up to the sky and thank God he's our coach. Give him a chance to make his own team the way he wants it. I know we all just want to win so I understand. PHINS UP!!! Believe in Gase!! His plan will work!!

tay0365 likes this.
  36. JakeemThe Dream

Not getting on you at all lol Do you honestly think Gase doesn't call deep shots? Do you possibly agree that maybe Cutler doesn't have the confidence or ability to throw successful deep balls? Last year, the same Head Coach made Tannehill into the 4th best deep ball passer. Coach has a known track record for opening offenses and getting the ball down field. He's done it everywhere he went.

37. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2

I dont think it is the lack of deep shots he has beef with.

It is the EXCESSIVE number of short plays that is the problem.

Our offense sorely lacks an intermediate passing attack.

And I agree, it is frustrating to see us constantly dumping the ball off behind the LoS. Moreso on third down.

I dont want to see us become KC south either. But I think ALOT of what we have seen this year is due to our limitations at QB and Oline.

Hopefully Gase fixes this in the offseason and gives us a better brand of football.

LikeUntoGod and JakeemThe Dream like this.
  38. JakeemThe Dream

I 100% agree. Tannehill was the king of intermediate routes. Having Tannehill back will solve a lot of issues with the passing game. I thought throwing swing routes on 1st and 10 was a great idea to open up the offense and gives us a manageable first down chance. We'll see how everything turns out. Imagine any team going from a top 12 passer to the 30th best lol Spells trouble and yet we still are 4-4. PHINS UP!!

biggrouper likes this.
  39. Fins1971

Fins1971 C'mon Dolphins

Last year split stats don't support your crowning of Ryan.

Passes thrown 11-20 yards

44 for 88 for 750 yards with 5 TD's and 6 Ints and a passer rating of 69.8 (Well below his career average)

40. JakeemThe Dream

I meant career wise and not exactly intermediate but for argument sake, you got me. I was wrong saying intermediate because I didn't take into account it's strictly 11-20 yd throws. I guess a 10 yd pass is considered short. I'll take a short throw every down then lol Damn, he must of had a hell of a year throwing deep with those stats lol Before last year, every Dolphin fan complained about Tannehills deep ball while being an accurate short to intermediate thrower (rightly so). With Tannehill, there really wasn't a lot of worry throwing the ball 8-12 yds on a rope on a 3rd and 7. It's so obvious that Tannehill has a ton of velocity on his balls. The difference between Jay and Ryan is huge in that regard. Gase really brought out the best in Tannehill. Can't wait to see him back healthy. Phins Up!!!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2017
    Avigatorx, Travis34 and Fins1971 like this.