Addressing the 1st Round | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Addressing the 1st Round

AFCMiamiEast

Active Roster
Reaction score
Simple. I am going to put the 4 main positions of need as it seems in the poll, if you're GM...who is your first pick?

Edit: Lol my bad...poll seemed to be bugged, but the options were going to be WR, CB, DE, and OT.

Best Player Available, I prefer to draft talent over need. If the best talent happens to be a need also then even better.

I would trade down to pick up another or 3rd pick, then go with a WR late in the first, defensive backfield / LB next, then OT, then WRs with our 2 third rounders

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

BPA for a need. I would like to see them trade back and pick up more picks for this year and next.

BPA regardless of need. We have no talent becuase we constantly pick someone that is a need, like Ginn over Willis. I'm sure we can add a ton of other examples to those two.

BPA regardless of need. We have no talent becuase we constantly pick someone that is a need, like Ginn over Willis. I'm sure we can add a ton of other examples to those two.

I disagree there is a lot of talent on the team just depends on the position. If DT is the BPA on the board when Miami picks and they have resigned Starks then you don't draft DT. You have to draft BPA at a position of need unless you just have an amazing talent sitting in front of you.

CB is the glaring need this has to be fixed first and foremost if we ever are going to win anything.

The secondary is responsible for 90% of our losses. Draft, f/a, trade, whatever. Do them all but get it done.

But, with the way this team is right now, I like the bpa at need. cb/wr/pass rusher/te/ol in that order.

This year's draft doesnt have a "MUST HAVE" or "ELITE" reciever. Alot of good ones with some upside, but not elite. I would go defense 1st round CB or DE. Our defense is slow we need some young guys that can swarm the ball.

WR is deep in this draft - no need to draft in RD #1. If Martin works on the left side, we can draft a right tackle later in the draft. That leaves CB and DE...so I go TE (preferably Tyler Eifert) as long as we aren't drafting too high. Otherwise, BPA at CB or DE/OLB. Of course, a guy like Teo could change that thinking...:ponder:

if ireland picks another DE in the first two rounds, after picking 4 in the first 72 picks in his 5 drafts...

A wide receiver, pass rusher, corner, ball hawk free safety or Manti te'o, no ****ing stinky offensive lineman or 400 pound DE.

WR. this team's biggest problem is the inability to score points. We're averaging less than 19 pts a game. thats ranked 27th in the league. the offense is averaging 310 yards a game. thats 30th in the league. The Defense has some holes. but has played well for the most part. the point margin the last 2 weeks has also been skewed by our special teams putting the D in terrible positions twice. give the pats and niners the ball inside our 10 yard line.

Back
Top Bottom