AFC East analysis..(amended) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East analysis..(amended)

Buffalo's D was great last year, so if their O can improve, thier record will too.

Ditto the same with Miami. Our D was great. Our O was inconsissent at best. If the O improves so does our record IMO,

NE. Great team, but it's going to hard to maintain that level of greatness.

Jets. Their D was awful, and I don't yhink Pennington can stay healthy...

--Ross

82YARDotBOMB said:
eugene wilson a weakness on defense??? huh, when, how, where? he was dam good last year,t.poole wasnt bad himself.that first game vs the pats with your kicker missing that field goal, you remember why the dolphins were in that position in the first place? it was because of a horrible call that favored miami after ur receiver caught a big pass while his foot was clearly out of bounds,but was retardly ruled a catch. and gave them great position they didnt earn in the first place. and in that second game in foxboro,the dolphins were just clearly out played for most of that game. they had zero realistic chance,lets be honest here,good grief.

ted washington is a loss, but they were 7-1 without him. how the hell is that not even brought up??? they went 7-1 without him because warren,green did just as good of a job together. add keith t,and wilfork and they wont miss a beat at that position.and there overall defene should be better without a doubt if colvin comes back 100 percent wich is expected. borrowing injuries the pats will win the division, and the jets,phins,buffalo are all interchanegable in 2-4 spots in the division.

You don't seem like a real objective Pats fan. Are you actually saying that the Patriots are absolutely perfect in every way? They have no weaknesses at all? Are you suggesting that they'll go 16-0..because they were 14-2 last year and you seem to think that they are SO much better now. Note that two other Pats fans feel that my analysis is pretty fair and unbiased. That means something to me.

To say that the Pats won't miss a beat this year after losing Ted Washington is wishful thinking. You're not giving Big Ted much credit. You do realize that he'll probably go down as the best interior run-stopper in the modern era. I know that they won games without him, but that says more about Belichick's greatness than the ability of Washington's replacements. Look what he has done for SF, DEN, CHI & BUF. You'll see what Big Ted does for Oakland this year. Wilfork may end up being a Pro Bowl player, but how many rookie DT's come in and dominate from day one? Not many. Give Wilfork a few years and he might be up there with Washington.

Do you know what one of the things that Belichick is renowned for? Covering up weaknesses on his defenses. Eugene Wilson & Tyrone Poole were those weak links. You couldn't tell because Belichick won't let them get exposed. He is a genius when it comes to helping those that aren't the most talented. Poole is a journeyman CB who was beaten badly in the Super Bowl if you recall. His stats are more a product of the system. He's never been close to as good with IND, CAR or DEN. Wilson is a nice player, but he was also exposed in several games last year. Do you remember the game at Indy? Wilson was abused. Maybe he will improve..and I'll be wrong about him, but until then I'll consider him a weakness.

Saying all that, I do agree that the Pats are the clear favorites in our division. However, you should consider that they might not be perfect. You shouldn't assume that all the guys who played great last year will do so again. Especially on defense. At some point some of those old guys may start to falter. Remember, several Pats had career years in 2003...it may not be so easy to repeat the feat.

By the way, I never said that the Dolphins were better than New England. :D

WiGGy said:
Patriots were 7-0 without Ted Washington bro and gave up 5 yards less rushing per game during that span.

Therefore, the Pats should go 16-0 without him this year. :tongue:

Back
Top Bottom