AFC East analysis..(amended) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East analysis..(amended)

Gladsadmad said:
C'mon, no one else has ANY opinions about the teams in the AFC East? I'm not saying that my post is anything spectacular but I did take quite a bit of time to honestly evaluate the teams in our division and all I get is 3 stinkin comments? I thought this was an interesting topic.

I've seen some crummy posts get more action than this..yeesh. MIAMI=worst fans in America gets 134 replies..is it that simple?..just offend everyone and I'm sure to get alot of responses? :p

Great effort, and great read....

I'll give mine soon. I'm still evaluating the teams. It's alittle early for me that's all. I want to see who emerges during TC before I put anything down....

PHINZ RULE!!! :cool:

Who knows I am done with predictions. I like what we have done, our rivals have improved as well. This could be the year that all four teams finish 500 or better. Not predicting it, just saying it could happen. Oh and yes the Pats are the team to beat and will be til they're beaten.

As much as I hate the Bills, I think they are up there with the Phins. I think they were better then their 6-10 record. That is the nature of today's NFL. 6-10 teams aren't as bad as they used to be.

Pats ahead by a nose, with the Jills and the Phins coming up from behind and the Jets lagging.

MDFINFAN said:
I disagree and I've stated this many times before. Wanny has beating NE's coach, time and time again. Mare is the only reason we didn't win the first and Jay's int..is the reason we didn't win the 2nd, but in either game Miami was not outcoached by NE. We split with them the year before and was actually beating them in the season's closure until our Players felt apart, defintely wasn't the coaches who did. NE has not out coached the phins in any matchup that I can remember that involved Wanny. But our players defintely didn't make plays when they were there. That's been the different. Their players make plays when the opportunity arised, our's didn't.

One correction!!!!! Randy McMichael's missed blitz pickup on Rodney Harrison, who McMichael talked **** about all week, when we had 3rd and 2 on the NE 12 is the reason we lost the second NE game.

Clumpy said:
Your OL is the worst in the division

You must be drinking again..

LT: Wade Smith- All Rookie Team..Young, quick and athletic..2nd year will be much better..
LG: Jeno James- Just watch film of this guy and you can see he has great written all over him. Young and athletic..
C: Seth Mc kinney- Third year pro with unlimited potential. Young and athletic, has experience now. Will be playing one position not two. So his focus will strictly be on perfecting one position not two..
RG: Greg Jerman- Perfect fit for the right guard position..Use to be a tackle now he moves inside to provide power.. Young and very strong.
RT: Vernon Carey- First round pick had 42 pancakes his junior year, and 29 his senior year with two bad ankles. Carey is a monster, young, strong and athletic.

Get the picture, we cut our old vet's and add a fusion of young and athletic lineman. That was suppose to happen the year before, but we had DW calling the shots on the players, now it's Rick's turn. And he has made all the right moves so far..

Back up's: St. Claire, Mc Intosh, Yates, Pope, and a couple of more young and athletic cats. How many SB's have Murlaky won ? Well our O-line coach has two so I guess he will turn the worst o-line in the division into a decent unit. No matter what the Dolphins are still way better than the Bills..Man you guys are in denial. The only team I'm really worried about is the Patriots..And keep thi sin mind Jay Fiedler had Never lost to you guys.

Gladsadmad said:
Patriots..Offense..Adding Dillon is a nice upgrade over Antowain Smith and will make a big impact when N.E. plays poor run defenses. However, I don't believe that his addition will have a great impact when the Pats play teams like Buffalo, Miami, Seattle, Pittsburgh and Baltimore. The loss of Woody should hurt. I know that they play well together, but Light, Hochstein, Koppen, Andruzzi, and Ashworth simply aren't THAT great. I know I'll catch flack for saying that, but these guys are overacheivers who play is helped greatly by Tom Brady. Brady gets rid of the ball so efficiently and quickly, his o-line doesn't have to hold their blocks very long. I truely believe that their o-line can be exposed in some games. (it's funny how so many people here compain about the lack of stars on the current Dolphins o-line when New England has a bunch of no-names and castoffs.)

Defense....I also think that losing Ted Washington will hurt alot. Traylor is now officially a journeyman. Wilfork should be good, but to expect him to adequately replace the best run-stuffer in the entire NFL as a rookie is a bit much. Don't get me wrong, they should still be an outstanding defense. Their preparation is second to none..thanks to Bilichick. However, I do wonder when age will catch up to this unit. I also wonder if other teams can replicate what the Carolina Panthers did in the SuperBowl. They went no-huddle most of the 2nd half and they simply torched them. New England wasn't allowed to do all of their substitutions and you saw the result. I hope that is the key to figuring them out, otherwise the Pats are going to roll again.

STRENGTHS- Passing game, Front 7
WEAKNESSESS- Not much on paper..just T. Poole & Eugene Wilson

Actually, that's a pretty objective review of the Pats. Nicely done.

Couple quicks things. The additional of Dillon will help the Pats in two areas: 1) Inside the Red Zone where the Pats could not run the ball at all and 2) Play action fakes. If he runs for 1,200 that would just be an added bonus.

The O-Line continues to play very solid football. Even losing Woody in the playoffs last year the Pats O-Line did not give up one sack. You make a very good point about Brady delivering the ball quickly and I totally agree.

You hit the nail on the head with the loss of Washington. He played superbly last year and was the main reason for the Pats improvement in run defense. Keep in mind Washington only played 32% of all defensive snaps last year but he will be very hard to replace.

As for what Carolina did in the Super Bowl, don't forget about the injuries to Wilson and Harrison. There we quite a few blown coverages that led to some big plays.

All in all, very nice evaluation of the Pats.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
You must be drinking again..

LT: Wade Smith- All Rookie Team..Young, quick and athletic..2nd year will be much better..
LG: Jeno James- Just watch film of this guy and you can see he has great written all over him. Young and athletic..
C: Seth Mc kinney- Third year pro with unlimited potential. Young and athletic, has experience now. Will be playing one position not two. So his focus will strictly be on perfecting one position not two..
RG: Greg Jerman- Perfect fit for the right guard position..Use to be a tackle now he moves inside to provide power.. Young and very strong.
RT: Vernon Carey- First round pick had 42 pancakes his junior year, and 29 his senior year with two bad ankles. Carey is a monster, young, strong and athletic.

Get the picture, we cut our old vet's and add a fusion of young and athletic lineman. That was suppose to happen the year before, but we had DW calling the shots on the players, now it's Rick's turn. And he has made all the right moves so far..
Although I'm not impressed with your OL line-up your optimism is based on paper. Y don't know for fact if they can gel soon enough.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
How many SB's have Murlaky won ? Well our O-line coach has two so I guess he will turn the worst o-line in the division into a decent unit. No matter what the Dolphins are still way better than the Bills..Man you guys are in denial. The only team I'm really worried about is the Patriots..And keep thi sin mind Jay Fiedler had Never lost to you guys.
What has your HC won? What has your "new" OC proven?

Like CW pointed out Mularkey converted Gilbride's bottom of the league Offense in Pitts into the no. 3 best O the next year w/ qb's like Kordell and Maddox. Unlike you, I am not automatically saying we're better since it remains to be seen.

BTW, Norv has sb rings as well and your new OC doesn't, does this mean that your O is gonna be worse than last years? Unless you are Nostradamus, we'll have to wait and see.

You were better than us last year. Both the bills and fins were different teams last year compared to this year. You can speculate all you want but to say you are way better than the bills is like saying "the fins are going undefeated". Are you predicting that again this year? :D

Nice job

I like your analysis alot. I especially agree with your views on the Pats O-line. Zone blocking schemes and Tom Brady make the line look very good indeed. I think Miami has done a pretty good job retooling their line. Looks like it should be a pretty tight division again with Buffalo having a better year than last. Alot hinges on Boston and his adjustment.

eugene wilson a weakness on defense??? huh, when, how, where? he was dam good last year,t.poole wasnt bad himself.that first game vs the pats with your kicker missing that field goal, you remember why the dolphins were in that position in the first place? it was because of a horrible call that favored miami after ur receiver caught a big pass while his foot was clearly out of bounds,but was retardly ruled a catch. and gave them great position they didnt earn in the first place. and in that second game in foxboro,the dolphins were just clearly out played for most of that game. they had zero realistic chance,lets be honest here,good grief.

ted washington is a loss, but they were 7-1 without him. how the hell is that not even brought up??? they went 7-1 without him because warren,green did just as good of a job together. add keith t,and wilfork and they wont miss a beat at that position.and there overall defene should be better without a doubt if colvin comes back 100 percent wich is expected. borrowing injuries the pats will win the division, and the jets,phins,buffalo are all interchanegable in 2-4 spots in the division.

82YARDotBOMB said:
eugene wilson a weakness on defense??? huh, when, how, where? he was dam good last year,t.poole wasnt bad himself.that first game vs the pats with your kicking missing that field goal, you remember why the dolphins were in that position in the first place? it was because of a horrible call that favored miami after ur receiver caught a big pass while his foot was clearly out of bounds,but was retardly ruled a catch. and gave them great position they didnt earn in the first place. and in that second game in foxboro,the dolphins were just clearly out played for most of that game. they had zero realistic chance,lets be honest here,good grief.

ted washington is a loss, but they were 7-1 without him. how the hell is that not even brought up??? they went 7-1 without him because warren,green did just as good of a job together. add keith t,and wilfork and they wont miss a beat at that position.and there overall defene should be better without a doubt if colvin comes back 100 percent wich is expected. borrowing injuries the pats will win the division, and the jets,phins,buffalo are all interchanegable in 2-4 spots in the division.

Patriots were 7-0 without Ted Washington bro and gave up 5 yards less rushing per game during that span.

I think the jets are the team to watch this year... I can't see them better than 8-8 or 9-7, but they're gunna cause headaches for a lot of people...

I think this post way almost on the dot. just one thing thought. i dissaggree with the dolphins weaknesses i think he have a strong pass rush, thats wat ogunleye's main strength was and he was in the pro bowl. so we got a good pass rush but the qb statement was correct in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom