AFC EAST FA grades thus far? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC EAST FA grades thus far?

Yeah I made a mistake with games played, but his numbers aren't that different then Torbors, so why is he a huge pickup for Bill fans and Torbor is avg for Miami? I think because the Bills signed Mitchell and the Fins signed Torbor.

Im grading you guys with the loss of Zach Thomas. If Thomas wasnt released then you guys easily got a B to B+.

Same thing with the Jets. If the Jets didnt lose Vilma, its an easy A.

If the Bills released or traded Crowell or someone like that then that would drop the Bills grade.

What was so special about Randall Gay and what has Eugene Wilson done since 2004?

So what is your grade? I forgot Colvin and Stallworth.

The Patriots are still the best team as long as Brady is there, but your offseason hasnt been great.

I think the Jets, Bills and Dolphins all have done very well so far while NE lost a few guys but only Samuel was significant and that was expected. Now that they got Moss back their offseason has also been a success so far.

Im grading you guys with the loss of Zach Thomas. If Thomas wasnt released then you guys easily got a B to B+.

If the Bills released or traded Crowell or someone like that then that would drop the Bills grade.

The Bills only signed what 3 players? Stroud isn't that great, is my point. I think a C is a fair grade for the Bills. If the Bills had a top 5 defense going into FA then the Stroud would have been a better sign. But he's going from a top 5 defense to one of the worst defenses in the league.

Can't count Zach. He was released before the FA period.:lol:

Jets get a B+ from me, but that includes the loss of Vilma (comparative grading, I have the jets with one of the best offseasons)

Fins get a B-. Filled tons of needs, special teams shoud be real good. Got players to transition from 4-3 to 3-4, but not much "umph" in the signings.

Bills get a C as of now. If they sign Johnson, I'd bump them up to a C+ (maybe B-).

Patsies get a C- and that is pretty much just because of Moss, otherwise it'd be a F.

I'm not going to grade everyone individually, but it does seem that Buffalo, NY and Miami all closed the gap on NE a little. NE still probably wins the division this year barring injuries, but it will at least be a challenge this time. NE really needs to address their secondary and LB corps now. The Jets seem to be gearing up for a big push now, which is understandable as Mangini needs to show something this year. I think they overpaid Pace a little, but it's still a solid pickup and Faneca especially is an upgrade. If the Bills get Bryant Johnson then I would actually give them the best shot at challenging NE this year. They made good moves. Mitchell is an excellent player. Stroud is a gamble, but could potentially be huge.

As for Miami, well we did get some good young players. No immediate stars, but solid role playing guys who will help the team. It almost feels like we just had our 2003-2004 draft the last couple of days. I like the addition of Wilford especially. He's a known hard worker. I'm hoping that he can be a good possesion receiver for us and out jump smaller CB's in the redzone. (what I like to call "The Gadsden Maneuver" ) Smiley should be solid at G for not too much money and hopefully Ferguson can stay healthy.

:rolleyes2: You would be singing a different tune if they were staying in Patsie land

You would be singing a different tune if Buffalo or the Jets lost Randall Gay. The only reason you know they lost Randall Gay is because Randall Gay played for the mighty Patriots and they were on national TV everynight. Randall Gay is nothing more than a nickle cornerback. I'm sure Belichick is losing sleep over losing him:rolleyes2:. Eugene Wilson was a STUD in his first two years, but for some reason his play dropped off in 2005 and couldnt stay healthy in 06 or 07.

The Bills only signed what 3 players? Stroud isn't that great, is my point. I think a C is a fair grade for the Bills. If the Bills had a top 5 defense going into FA then the Stroud would have been a better sign. But he's going from a top 5 defense to one of the worst defenses in the league.

That makes no sense at all.

If you want to talk about Strouds injury then fine, but dont say he isnt a great player. The Bills doctors are some of the best in the world and they checked him out. He had time to heal.

Torbor started the whole year while Mitchell only started 9 games. I think we did just as well with Torbor.

Buffalo gives Kawika Mithcell 5 years $17mil with 5 mil signing bonus. Anyone know what we paid Torbor?

Torbor only started 5 games, Mithcell was a key player in the Giants defense, one of the biggest additions they had.

Intresting tidbit from Clayton on the Fins

''They released five veterans whose average age was 34.2. Those aging vets were replaced by seven free agents whose average age is 26.7.''

Thats about a 7-8 year difference in age

IMHO the Fins, Bills and Jets all improved themselves, with the exception of Moss, the Pats lost a bunch of players.

They really didn't lose anything special except for Samuel. They kept Moss and yeah, that's enough for them to make another run, though with the Jets offseason, they now have competition for the division title finally, IF Clemens stays solid and consistent.

The Patriots has been able to use, recycle and trash players at will. They still got some good defensive backs out there like Brandon Merriweather that can step up as a fulltime starter in the future.

I don't think they have dropped down so much as you all think they did. Still looks like Favorites in the AFC to me, though like I said, the Jets may surprise.

This post is dumb,...what if someof the signed people just stink and get cut in camp?.

Back
Top Bottom