AFC East Reset: Is this the season the Dolphins overtake the Patriots? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Reset: Is this the season the Dolphins overtake the Patriots?

Short segment. But I agree with the guy. We're trending up, Gase is the reason, it made sense to draft defense. The Jets are trending down, they lost some of their better contributors, good draft pick in Jamal Adams but the 2nd pick of Marcus Maye is a little puzzling considering they have so many other needs.

The video never said anyone would unseat the Patriots. It's not truly a "reset" just a name they gave for a quick overview. Not much new in the video, but at least it's a real analysis rather than a play to a market or clickbait.

The good news is we are the clear cut challengers even for the national media...that's a step in the right direction. As far as i'm concerned anything's possible, they are just a good football team - they lost games last year, and the year before, and the year before that.....

Nope but we are getting closer, Bill Billicheat will need to go away to make it a fair playing field.

I just don't think so. We are definitely taking steps in the right direction but the Patriots' entire system is a well oiled machine, which is arguably better at playing, coaching, managing, and owning than the rest of the league, let alone our division.

Hopefully this year we can get further than them in the playoffs but they will continue to be a force until Bill Belichek retires.

I just don't think so. We are definitely taking steps in the right direction but the Patriots' entire system is a well oiled machine, which is arguably better at playing, coaching, managing, and owning than the rest of the league, let alone our division.

Hopefully this year we can get further than them in the playoffs but they will continue to be a force until Bill Belichek retires.
I maintain that Brady is the bigger key to the Pats then Belichek. They don't win Super bowls without Brady

I would agree but I don't think they make Superbowls without Belicheck either. Went 11 and 5 with Matt Cassel and won 3 of 4 with Grappalo

Hard to believe a 2nd rate AFL team like the Jets could ever beat a powerhouse NFL team like the Colts.

Hard to believe a young bottom of the heap team like the Dolphins will reach their 1st SB in 1972 just because they got Don Shula.

Hard to believe a very average wild card Raiders team, with an unknown HC could beat powerhouse like the Eagles in 1981.

Hard to believe one of two nobody teams like the 49ers and the Bengals will reach the SB, let alone both in the 1982.

Very doubtful a very bad team like the Rams will reach a SB, let alone win one in 2000.

Impossible after losing their starting QB in a blowout to an average Bills team, that the Patriots even reach the playoffs in 2002.

Extremely doubtful that a very average WC Giants team that just made the playoffs, will even give the Patriots the smallest of scares to be the 2nd team to go undefeated and untied in a season in 2008.

Totally impossible that another just barely getting into the playoffs WC Giants team will be able to repeat defeating another powerhouse Patriots team in 2012.

If the Patriots don't again do something underhanded, and some things go the Dolphins way, as it did all those other teams of past glory...Anything is possible, no matter how improbable it may seem.

Madden curse 2017.....Tom Brady .
Tell that to

There is one problem with the theory of the ‘Madden Curse’ though. It simply isn’t true anymore. Consider this; of the last seven players that have been on the cover only one has missed any real time due to injury, and another has endured a poor season. The one injury was Rob Gronkowski; Brady’s favorite target that graced the cover last season. However, Gronkowski had been dealing with injury problems in previous years due to concussion, knee, back and arm injuries.

The other player that endured the poor season was former Browns’ running back Peyton Hillis. Hillis landed on the cover after a tremendous season that gave him his first 1,000 yard season (1,177 rushing yards to be exact). While the next year he rushed for just 587, and suffered from some injuries. However, it is hard to blame his season on the curse when that was his only season anywhere near 1,000 yards. In fact, Hillis had just 1,655 rush yards in his other six seasons combined. Hard to say the “Madden Curse” robbed a guy that never really had the talent to rob.

Furthermore, five of the last seven players all had very productive seasons. The following players were, in order, on the cover of Madden since 2010; Drew Brees, Peyton Hillis (2011), Calvin Johnson (2012), Adrian Peterson (2013), Richard Sherman (2014), Odell Beckham Jr. (2015), Rob Gronkowski (2016). Going through each individual season Brees passed for 4,620 yards and 33 touchdowns, Calvin Johnson set a receiving yard record with 1,964 yards to go with 122 catches, Peterson ran for 1,266 yards and 10 touchdowns, Sherman played every game had eight passes defensed and four interceptions, and Beckham Jr. had 96 catches for 1,450 yards in just his third season. None of those stats speak to a ‘curse’and to suggest otherwise means someone isn’t paying attention.

https://yhoo.it/2ocXz2h

Brady is turning 40. I don't care how well he takes care of himself, you can't stop the aging process. A couple of hard hits and anything can happen.
Gronk is coming off back surgery and has back issues dating back to college. He says he feels fine, but will that be the case after he takes a few hits to the lower back? Allen is a good player, but as a receiver he is a downgrade over Gronk and Bennett.
When did Gillislee become a player to fear. Any RB that makes an NFL roster can look good in the right scheme. He is nothing more than a below average running back in the NFL.
I don't know if the Phins are quite ready to challenge the Pats, but they could if they stay healthy and the Pats get hit with the injury bug late in the year. They were very fortunate to enter the postseason relatively healthy.
People seem to forget how banged up the Phins were over the last couple of games. They were a MASH unit when they played Pittsburgh in the playoffs. The situation could be reverse this season.

These articles have come to represent the alarm clock in Groundhog's Day...

Back
Top Bottom