AFC East WR Rankings - James Walker | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East WR Rankings - James Walker

VA_Finfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/56535/updating-afc-east-wr-rankings

1. Mike Wallace, Miami Dolphins

2012 stats: 64 receptions, 836 yards, eight touchdowns

Thoughts: Wallace is the best deep threat in the NFL, and he now takes those talents to Miami. Second-year quarterback Ryan Tannehill has to be excited with the dynamic weapon he’s getting. Wallace by far is the fastest player in the division. He’s a game-breaker who can score at any time. He had eight touchdowns last season, which is five more than all of Miami’s receivers in 2012. Wallace is the No. 1 receiver Miami has been looking for and now the best receiver in the AFC East.

5. Brian Hartline, Miami Dolphins

2012 stats: 74 receptions, 1,083 yards, one TD

Thoughts: Hartline is a hard-working receiver who gets the most out of his talent. He also has good timing. Hartline had a career year, and his first 1,000-yard season, with Miami in 2012. He parlayed that into a five-year, $30 million contract. Hartline will not have to be a No. 1 receiver now that Wallace is with the Dolphins. This will take a lot of pressure of Hartline, who is a good No. 2 option.

That's about right, but it is misleading. Rob Gronkowski is the best pass catching target in the division.

Hartline has almost everything you want in a WR. Speed, smarts, route running, great hands etc. If he can just keep his feet and have better balance AFTER the catch, the Dolphins will have an outstanding 1-2 punch.

Looks okay...as is, except that one of em is a toxic clubhouse presence and another might well be a China Doll, which of course isn't subjectively factored in. Fortunately neither are ours.

As far as the "rater" this must be one of those 2X daily that broken clock gets it right.

Not bad rankings, though I think I would swap Hartline and Amendola.

Amendola to this point I would quite agree. Amendola being ranked shows u that there is a lack of wr talent in the division.
I feel kind of bad for Brandon Loyd he produced pretty well for his contract and still got cut

I like Amendola, but he is always getting hurt. I don't see how losing Wes Welker and gaining Amendola keeps the Patriots at the same level. When he goes down next season who do they have? It seems like no matter what the Dolphins do we can never be considered better by the media. Fortunately all we have to do is prove it on gameday.

I think Danny Amendola is probably a better player than Brian Hartline. Except when he's injured, which is more than half of the time. So yeah.

when stevie johnson was the best of the list prior to this offseason it kind of tells ya the afc east is not the best division for wr talent and players...

Back
Top Bottom