AFC East WR Rankings - James Walker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East WR Rankings - James Walker

If the Jets draft Patterson he likely goes to #2 on this list, and that's just sad.

Santonio Holmes is the best WR in the division, imo. Then Wallace. Then Stevie Johnson. Aaron Hernandez functions like a WR and defenses match him up like he is one. When healthy he's the #4 guy, probably. Maybe higher than Johnson.

The rest are not worth ranking.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

If the Jets draft Patterson he likely goes to #2 on this list, and that's just sad.

Give Stephen Hill another year and a legit quarterback and he makes the list, imo. Very talented guy.

I'd put Santonio Holmes 2nd in the division behind Wallace. I'd keep Amendola above Hartline as I do consider him a better receiver and more talented (when not injured).

no doubt hills talented but man is that kid raw...and he doesn't understand leverage and coverage all that well...fights the ball as well and loses physically at times down the field...

route running pretty average...but 2 years from now might be a monster...needs a lot of polish though...a lot

no doubt hills talented but man is that kid raw...and he doesn't understand leverage and coverage all that well...fights the ball as well and loses physically at times down the field...

route running pretty average...but 2 years from now might be a monster...needs a lot of polish though...a lot

Sounds a lot like what we could be saying about Patterson a year from now, especially if he goes to a team with a ****ty quarterback like the Jets. That's all I'm saying.

Santonio Holmes is the best WR in the division, imo. Then Wallace. Then Stevie Johnson. Aaron Hernandez functions like a WR and defenses match him up like he is one. When healthy he's the #4 guy, probably. Maybe higher than Johnson.

The rest are not worth ranking.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Give Stephen Hill another year and a legit quarterback and he makes the list, imo. Very talented guy.

Completely disagree. Holmes's game has dropped dramatically since leaving Pitt. Granted Dirty Sanchez throwing to him doesn't help. But added in the injury and I say Hartline over the last 3 years is a better reciever.

Sounds a lot like what we could be saying about Patterson a year from now, especially if he goes to a team with a ****ty quarterback like the Jets. That's all I'm saying.

probably what we will be saying about patterson...

sanchez wasn't the only problem for hill in 2012 either...i saw a lot of running the wrong route vs the coverage he saw and with the wrong depth with hill...and he at times did sanchez no favors...although sanchez also missed a lot of big plays potentially with hill...but there was times there when i watched that kid i said to myself even if the balls on target he's got a 50/50 chance at making the catch...

just very raw...very talented and very raw

Completely disagree. Holmes's game has dropped dramatically since leaving Pitt. Granted Dirty Sanchez throwing to him doesn't help. But added in the injury and I say Hartline over the last 3 years is a better reciever.

He was/is injured. Not a cripple. When healthy Hartline isn't in the same zip code as Holmes, who's still only 29. The reason people are down on him as a talent is Sanchez, period. Has nothing to do with him. And even with Sanchez throwing him the ball and missing 16 games over three years due to injury he's still amassed 1672 yards receiving to go with 15 touchdowns... compared to 2247 yards and an absolutely pathetic three touchdowns for Hartline.

No comparison. None.

I like Patterson's after catch ability *that much* more than I like Hill. I just love how Patterson plays. Very boom or bust, and when I'm high on a guy oh baby let it ride

I like Patterson's after catch ability *that much* more than I like Hill. I just love how Patterson plays. Very boom or bust, and when I'm high on a guy oh baby let it ride

Haha. Well, unless Hill gets some better quarterback play it'll take a while before we know whether he's going to be any good. Stephen Hill's rookie stats were almost identical to Bebe Thomas' rookie stats, and Thomas has turned into a fantastic player. As Confucious said, raw is raw but talent is also talent.

Back
Top Bottom