AFCE Coaches. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFCE Coaches.

nyjunc said:
Under Herm the Jets have been to the playoffs 3 of 4 years, the div rd 2 of those 3 years, and won an AFC East title(the only team besides the Pats in that span). How is that mediocre? Mediocre is finishing around .500 evry year and missing the playoffs, the Bills have been medicore the past few years. The Jets have been one of the better teams in the conference.
YEAH BUT, chad IMO is not a very good QB. that's why you guys have lost in the playoffs. you'll be mediocre untill chad plays up to par. hey maybe you guys can let feidler play some then you'll see what the definition of mediocre is!

painnotpleasure said:
Good post, Justa. Great points, I agree with everything you said. Do you feel though... that with the loss of Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennell (and loss of FA's) that Bill Belichick is still capable (or likely) of coaching the Pats to another Division title? Obviously the Pats are the team to beat... I'm just hoping maybe finally this is the year it all falls apart for them.

Oh and good foreshadowing about the post turning into smack.
I really don't know. When the bills played the Pats, they decided to double team Shoebel and run right at him and it killed us. Not sure if that was a Wiess plan or BB. Remember when the Pats were behind(I forget who they played) and the Pats decided to take a safety to shorten their field and they eventually won, it's moves like that that make me wonder who made those calls.

Oboy said:
I agree the coaching in this division is top notch.

I think what Justa was getting at with the Jets is not necessarily meaning 'mediocre', but just underachieving. They seem to have a lot more talent then they always show. Look at last years game vs. Pitt... Yes the kicker should have made the kick, but Edwards was a fool for running up the middle three straight times. It was kind of funny that they won the week before against SD bc Schotty went conservative at the end and then they lose the same way the next week. Anyway, what I was trying to get at is the Jets should have won that game vs. Pitt soundly. They outplayed them the whole game just never seemed to put them away. Or in previous years they seem to fall apart towards the end of the season (just like the fins did under Wanny)
Herm so far is no different from when the fins were making playoffs under Wanny.

Justasportsfan said:
I really don't know. When the bills played the Pats, they decided to double team Shoebel and run right at him and it killed us. Not sure if that was a Wiess plan or BB. Remember when the Pats were behind(I forget who they played) and the Pats decided to take a safety to shorten their field and they eventually won, it's moves like that that make me wonder who made those calls.

A play like that has to be approved by the HC, it doesn't mean the HC came up with it, but it must be approved by him, I think the Pats Corr.'s were great strategist, and the Pats will miss them, but I also think BB picked up a lot from them and will carry that forth with his new corrdinators. Thus the Pat's will still be a force. The team still knows how to win.

dolfreak said:
Ok if your argument is true than CLASSIFY the "Mediocre" RAVENS Super Bowl TEAM. They were 10-6 right????

Baltimore was 12-4, finished in 2nd to Tennessee who was 13-3 which is why Bal was a WC team but they beat up Denver then won at Tennessee(for the 2nd time that year as they became the 1st team to ever win at Adelphia Coliseum) and then won at Oak in the title game. That Bal team was a damn good team.

YEAH BUT, chad IMO is not a very good QB. that's why you guys have lost in the playoffs. you'll be mediocre untill chad plays up to par. hey maybe you guys can let feidler play some then you'll see what the definition of mediocre is!

Chad is one of the best QBs in the game. He was playing w/ a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder, that is the main reason the Pitt game was close enough for us to lose on a Doug Brien miss.

nyjunc said:
Chad is one of the best QBs in the game. He was playing w/ a torn rotator cuff in his throwing shoulder, that is the main reason the Pitt game was close enough for us to lose on a Doug Brien miss.
and what exactly has he done to earn that praise ???

zeke0123 said:
Nevermind I figured it out you just confused "best" with "highest paid"

zeke0123 said:

Let's see, he has been a starter for 3 years and in 2 of them he led his team to the divisional round and he led the league in passing in 1 of those years. The year he and we struggled was when he missed half the season w/ the broken wrist. He's also the last QB to go into Foxboro and lead his team to a win.

nyjunc said:
Let's see, he has been a starter for 3 years and in 2 of them he led his team to the divisional round and he led the league in passing in 1 of those years. The year he and we struggled was when he missed half the season w/ the broken wrist. He's also the last QB to go into Foxboro and lead his team to a win.
Sound like hes about 1 step ahead of fiedler...congrats now you have 2 of the "best" qbs in the league :lol: .

nyjunc said:
Under Herm the Jets have been to the playoffs 3 of 4 years, the div rd 2 of those 3 years, and won an AFC East title(the only team besides the Pats in that span). How is that mediocre? Mediocre is finishing around .500 evry year and missing the playoffs, the Bills have been medicore the past few years. The Jets have been one of the better teams in the conference.

NYJ (39W) = .609
2001: 10-6
2002: 9-7
2003: 10-6
2004: 10-6
MIA (34W) = .531
2001: 11-5
2003: 10-6
2004: 4-12
NE (48W) = .75
2001: 11-5
2003: 14-2
2004: 14-2
BUF (26W) = .406
2001: 3-13
2002: 8-8
2003: 6-10
2004: 9-7

Over the past few years, the bills have been worse than mediocre.

zeke0123 said:
Sound like hes about 1 step ahead of fiedler...congrats now you have 2 of the "best" qbs in the league :lol: .

I don't remember Jay leading the league in passing or leading his team to the 2nd round twice.

Dude I gave you "1 step ahead" He is definatly a better version of Jay :D

zeke0123 said:
Dude I gave you "1 step ahead" He is definatly a better version of Jay :D

I guess that would make him 20 yards ahead of AJ? :D

Honestly, as good as Pennington was or CAN BE, his injuries are what kills him. They guy CANT STAY HEALTHY. You can be a pro bowl QB, but when you are watching 3-4 games a season from the bench, that doesnt do anything for the team.

I would take a healthy good QB over an injured plagued VERY good QB any day of the week.

With that said, Jay Fiedler sucks and im really glad he is on the Jets cause when Penny gets hurt for his 3-4 games this year, Fiedler comes in. I just hope you guys have us on the schedule when Penny gets hurt.

Back
Top Bottom