After a decade of plodding, does the Dolphins offense finally have swagger? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After a decade of plodding, does the Dolphins offense finally have swagger?

Just to play devils advocate

this offense was 31st in total 1st downs
31st in converting 3rd down
LAST IN 10 OR MORE PLAY DRIVES
27th in time of possession
28th in 3 and out drives
Last in the NFL in 4th down conversions with ZERO
30th in drives that lasted 5 minutes or more
Last in the NFL with offensive plays
Last in the NFL in plays per drive

With that said I believe this offense should be much better
than the stats above have shown...at least I hope so

Yup we couldn't consistently stay on the field. Among the other improvements on the team the TE upgrades should help there. Especially first few games last year how many times did we see Cameron killing drives. Just hope that Thomas can get up to speed fast.

28th in 3 and out drives

on the bright side, there's no way but up

I, for one, am choosing to be optimistic. IF the OL holds up, and I think they will, the offense could be very good. Lots of playmakers. I could be wrong, but I like our chances.

Only problem that the offense has right now is the glaring hole in the middle of the line.

The guards should at worse be solid, as long as Pouncey is able to stay in the lineup with no problems.

They are doing all they can to make sure Pouncey is healthy enough going into the season, and actually survive the entire year without any major set backs.

This will be Pouncey's prove it year, if he can 't prove to the coaches he can stay relatively healthy the entire year, Miami will be in the market next year for a Center.

I think Miami will be looking to up grade our center next year. To many ???????
I wish they would have picked up mangold for insurance.

28th in 3 and out drives

Well those are horrific stats...but just how close were we to 25th?or 20th?....point is there is usually a pretty slim margin in stats and rankings comparisons...I didn't take the time to analyze but if someone wants to cool...I believe we will improve our points per game closer to29...that in and of itself will improve allor most of those rankings...this offense with Gase as coach should prove to be very hard to defend consistently...improved line play will make the difference ....after that the second year in this offense for some and the improvement of our running game....Julius Thomas ....looks good to me....all of this coming together gives our defense, at the very least, fresher legs...

I think Miami will be looking to up grade our center next year. To many ???????
I wish they would have picked up mangold for insurance.
Iam very sorry they didn't pick up mangold.I think that would have been very good insurance.

Back
Top Bottom