After careful consideration.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After careful consideration....

Anyone who's been a fan long enough to remember the Olivadotti defenses can see the same things in this unit - in spite of the scheme being different. Opponents always have the TOP advantage, terrible getting 3rd down stops, gashed in the run game, etc. Those years were so painful that they left a scar. Last year watching this D I commented many times I felt like I'd gotten into a time machine back to 1986 or '87. So bad. Gase needs to put his fingerprints on the D and fast.
I really wish you hadn't brought back those memories! Horrible times indeed...

Our scheme was on display throughout the entire preseason, that includes game 4. It's not like we hide it until the regular season starts. Now you aren't going to catch some of the wrinkles and the extent of blitz packages, but what you're seeing is what you are getting.
Another completely asinine statement to further push whatever bs narrative you have polluted this board with.

Taking absolutely anything from a 4th preseason game in which 75% of the players are getting axed is absolute lunacy.

Preseason is about fundamentals, if your technique is poor, doesn't matter which scheme your running, it will be flawed.

Don't worry SOS, you have officially run me off the board tonight, and many others, that I can assure you.

Another completely asinine statement to further push whatever bs narrative you have polluted this board with.

Taking absolutely anything from a 4th preseason game in which 75% of the players are getting axed is absolute lunacy.

Preseason is about fundamentals, if your technique is poor, doesn't matter which scheme your running, it will be flawed.

Don't worry SOS, you have officially run me off the board tonight, and many others, that I can assure you.

tumblr_o12szlRLyf1rqe0rbo1_540.gif

And what does any of what you vomited here have to do with our defensive scheme?

?
I do agree that fundamentals are being looked at w scrutiny in pre season. I just don't get why anyone would get so triggered. There people on here who don't believe the wide 9 suits us and some posters are really good at breaking down film and showing us why plays don't go well etc.

?
I do agree that fundamentals are being looked at w scrutiny in pre season. I just don't get why anyone would get so triggered. There people on here who don't believe the wide 9 suits us and some posters are really good at breaking down film and showing us why plays don't go well etc.

Exactly and of course. And everyone is used in the same scheme to give a baseline for evaluations as well.

Not you, but why in the world would someone think we're going to to run a different system than what is used in training camp and preseason? Again we're not going to pull out all the stops playcall wise and show our hand for certain blitzes but the same damn scheme being run now is the same damn scheme we're going to run til January.

Exactly and of course. And everyone is used in the same scheme to give a baseline for evaluations as well.

Not you, but why in the world would someone think we're going to to run a different system than what is used in training camp and preseason? Again we're not going to pull out all the stops playcall wise and show our hand for certain blitzes but the same damn scheme being run now is the same damn scheme we're going to run til January.
Agreed. You have to run whatever scheme you plan to run in the regular season otherwise you aren't practicing and getting the reps in real game situations. Players - heck all professional atheletes - need repetition. I don't think running a different scheme in the pre season would even be possible in a sense - the trade off of "real reps" for the sake of not tipping your hand until week 1 just isn't going to give you an ROI.

Even in camp, Belichick’s preparation is in midseason form.

In an interview with WEEI on Monday, Belichick said he has watched every 2017 preseason game, which equates to 49 games. He explained that teams use their basic plays while avoiding digging deep into the playbook during these tuneup contests.

For Belichick, there is still plenty to dissect.

He said he uses the preseason games to evaluate rookies and young players devoid of much NFL experience. Belichick has studied how coaches and coordinators in new systems deploy certain players, and whether similarities exist between present and past.

https://www.boston.com/sports/new-e...s-hes-watched-every-nfl-preseason-game-so-far

We're running the same scheme from last year. Also in the past four preseason games we've run the majority of our base calls in our Over front, and we've even tipped our hand at a few Under fronts and exotic blitzes. Don't tell me we're not seeing the same scheme now that we won't see for the rest of the season. Keep your head buried in the sand.

Last edited:
That's perfect. It's exactly how I feel when watching our bland defense.

Just came on to catch up on stuff and you have spent the day spinning your agenda all over these threads. Well played.

Your dislike of the defense (players and scheme), your dislike for Gase not being a defensive coach and even calling him out as a QB guru who can't identify young QB talent (yea I caught that) has shown up everywhere.

I am just ready for the season to be honest. . . Either we are going to be competitive or we will take a step back. We have analyzed the team to death, nothing matters except that W/L record right about now.

Just came on to catch up on stuff and you have spent the day spinning your agenda all over these threads. Well played.

Your dislike of the defense (players and scheme), your dislike for Gase not being a defensive coach and even calling him out as a QB guru who can't identify young QB talent (yea I caught that) has shown up everywhere.

I am just ready for the season to be honest. . . Either we are going to be competitive or we will take a step back. We have analyzed the team to death, nothing matters except that W/L record right about now.

"yea I caught that ", like I'm trying to hide it somewhere. LOL

For the record it hasn't been just today. I've been harping on these legitimate concerns and issues from the get go.

I'm no expert, but I would think the wide 9 would be best suited for a team with lots of good linebackers. As of right now, we have 2 pretty good linebackers and a ton of scrubs. I'm r3ally liking Timmons instincts and overall disruption though. We just need to tighten up the defense overall. Bring the ends in tighter, pull the corners up closer. This lax **** in a west coast happy league isnt working. Any team that can run the ball and complete easy 5 to 10 yard passes will be on easy street against us.

Back
Top Bottom