Ahmad bradshaw

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by putter1013, Jan 12, 2011.

1. putter1013

putter1013 Well-Known Member

If this guy hits the open Market, Miami needs to go after him hot and heavy.

He has break away speed and big play ability. Runs hard on every play (sometimes fumbles because of it) and makes the most of every carry. He is still only 24 going on 25 and can catch the ball very well.

This is the RB we should be going after this offseason if given the chance.

2. Heinegrabber

Heinegrabber Since 84 Finheaven VIP Donator

Fumbles more than Ricky Williams and Adrian Peterson with their hands greased playing against the Ravens with a wet football.

3. noworries

noworries Rookie

I think it would be a great pickup.

4. dolphinators13

dolphinators13 Comon Mannnn

Seems like all he does is fumbles. I will give you he has big play ability, but with how awful are offense is turnover hurt, and Bradshaw drops the rock way too much.

5. madmic21

madmic21 A True Fan

He is gonna want some serious cash. I have a hard time paying running backs big. I don't know. They need to have the draft first then FA. It would be nice to know how the draft turned our before having to make a decision on what we could pay this guy.

6. st99

st99 Well-Known Member

Extremely overrated. Go throw lots of money at him.

7. TKAllDay

TKAllDay Seasoned Veteran Donator

WTF did you guys ever watch this guy play? We are lacking playmaking ability and this guy brings it. It is possible to correct fumbleitis, ask Tiki Barber. And about the money, who cares? its not our money its Rosses..

8. BARF

BARF ...FOR ME TO POOP ON

gonna want too much money, rather have leon washington

9. MisiDressing

MisiDressing Banned Hammered

Just say no to all FA RBs. Easiest position to draft - even with mid and late round picks.

FB Vonta Leach however would be a great signing.

10. phinsfan84

phinsfan84 remember ur 1st chance may be ur last

In his hay day yes. . but Leon isnt the same player he was pre injury. . Bradshaw is young and has not too muchtread on his tires. .No serious injury problems and is ELECTRIC!

I guess i just don't get this whole worried/timidness around here sometimes. . .i mean its like Parcells has hired the fans and pays them to buy into his slow methodical "perfect make up, no mistake, high charecter players"

Well unfortunaty there are plenty of players in the playoffs right now that Parcells would never even bat an eye at for far too many reasons. Its a nice foundation and way to look at things but you cant be cut and dry to parcells mantra because that means you leave yourself on the outside looking in when in comes to the majority of the talent pool in the league

11. madmic21

madmic21 A True Fan

This is what cracks me up about fans. There is this thing called a salary cap. Hence you must be aware of where and how you spend your money on players. This isn't Major League Baseball where there is a cap and everything after that is subject to a luxery tax. You must stay in line and make sound monetary decisions.

12. TKAllDay

No kidding! Was there a salary cap when we signed Marshall to 50 mil? Was there a salary cap when we signed Dansby to 50 mil? OF COURSE THERE WAS! But we have plenty of cap guys I am sure and they made it work. We are going to lose Ronnie and Ricky (which I believe is a good thing) but we need a veteran in the backfield. We can't go into the season with 3 rookies back there. They may have higher ceilings but do they know how to play all aspects of the game? Maybe they will eventually, but Bradshaw does instantly with no compensation. Pay the man.

13. Lilseb93

Lilseb93 This Is My House

There was NO salary cap when we signed Marshall and Dansby.

14. madmic21

madmic21 A True Fan

Yeah and these salaries add up. I would rather spend money on another dominant pass rusher, or lineman and see what we can get from the draft. Bradshaw is going to get paid a big deal into his 30's. The question is do you want to be paying a 30 year old back 12-15 million dollars who has fumbling and age issues at that point? The problem with deals like this isn't next year or the following its the last couple years. Its definately a balancing act... I think we can save that money and spend it on another pass rusher who can play into their mid 30's or a WR, or a Lineman. I guess it is all a matter of perspective. I see RBs in this league drafted in the 3rd to later round playing cheap all the time.

15. TKAllDay

Right, because I am sure Ireland and Co. didn't operate under their own salary cap.......... They just mortgaged our entire future (knowing that there will be a salary cap in place again most likely)... Yup.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

I understand the arguement against paying RBs and all and I do support it but we are going to have NO VETs in the backfield...

madmic21 likes this.
  16. foozool13

foozool13 #12 #13 #23 #29 #54 #99 Donator

Rather draft a RB...RB have historically started at a high level as rookies more than any other position.

17. The Goat

The Goat Escape Goat

I'd rather have Michael Bush...and he'd probably be cheaper.

18. X-Pacolypse

X-Pacolypse A True Fan

I wouldn't have a problem with bringing in Bradshaw.

19. TKAllDay

20. XxfeensterxX

XxfeensterxX FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Bradshaw would be awesome for this team, not sure what this long deal into his 30's is about, give him a 4/5 year deal if you can. Guy can catch passes out of the backfield and can fix his fumbling issues.

21. putter1013

putter1013 Well-Known Member

For his Career he fumbles on average 1 time per 44 Rushing attempts. And that is mainly due to this year when he had 7 fumbles. But that can be a fluke at times and is also able to be corrected.

Anyone who says draft a 22-23 year old unproven guy over a 24 year old proven back is crazy. Yes we would have to pony up a few bucks for him but you also would pony up a lot of money for a first round RB. Jake Long is one of the Highest Paid OL in the game before he played 1 snap. Lucky for us he panned out but if he wouldn't have we would have been pissed!

22. Arsenal WV

Arsenal WV LIVESTRONG

This guy has some major character issues. Trust me, we're from the same hometown. I know him. Character is something that worries me about him

23. gcherd

gcherd Rookie

Don't trust this assessment from a WVU fan...Ahmad Bradshaw (played his college ball at Marshall, the same school as Chad Pennington) is a stud RB that runs as hard or harder than anyone in the league. The Dolphins would be a much better team if they signed the beast.

24. Pinkboy

Pinkboy Banned Hammered

I have a much harder time wasting a 1st round pick on a running back-

http://www.finheaven.com/forums/sho...g-a-running-back-in-the-1st-round..&highlight=

Just say NO !!!

25. Travis34

Travis34 chea Finheaven VIP Donator

1. Why shouldn't we trust an individual who is a fan of WVU? That automatically discredits them?
    2. Stud status = debatable. Runs harder than anyone in the league?

Okay, well, judging from that last statement I'll trust an opinion from a WVU fan over you. Bradshaw is fast and makes a lot of big plays, but he's not a beast. That nickname is reserved for a select few.

26. PALMA

PALMA A very famous spit

Bradshaw is a tenacious runner for the size of his frame, constantly breaking tackles. He's a perfect 15 - 18 touches per game type back.

His injury history is a concern. Plus, I've watched him for the last two years and he broke only one long play this year compared to several last year. Meaning his shelf life has an expiration date coming up.

Pass....

27. Mr772

Mr772 Pro Bowler

Ding Ding Ding..... We have a Winner!!

Bow-legged runner - stress fractures in both feet requiring surgical screws as well as a left angle injury that required surgery. One of his trainners made a comment about his feet being similar to a 50+ year old man. Most of this past year it was taking him a weeks worth of treatment just to be ready for the games on sunday.

28. SecondhandJet

SecondhandJet Banned Hammered

I'm in NYC. I watch every single Giants game because most of my friends are Giant fans and its fun to laugh at Eli. That being said, I have no idea what to make of Bradshaw. He could be the next Priest Holmes, he can be out of the league in 2 years. The Giants have a good OL and good WRs. He never had to face a defense that was geared to stop him. He had games where he looked really really good. Then he had games where Jacobs had to come in because Bradshaw couldn't even get 2 yards. He is very injury prone and that's not a good thing if you're looking to make him a primary RB... there's also the fumbles.