Ahmad Brooks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmad Brooks

He's a more proven player than Manny Wright was so I say as high as a 3rd would be fine w/ me.

As stated earlier .. it would be ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING for Saban to offer a day 1 pick ..... regardless of his potential ...

My guess would be the same as last year ... a 5th rounder ... and see how it goes.

Do what it takes Nick is what I say. I don't care what we have to spend. More than likely we would be looking for a ILB in the first next year anyway because Saban already has youth in almost every other position. Brooks would have been a top 5 pick if he would have played this year and been in the next draft no question.

The 49ers are interested - and they pick in a pool ahead of us:
(Registration Required) http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/football/sf_49ers/story/14262226p-15075572c.html

Smith said Brooks now weighs 268 pounds, five or so more than his playing weight at Virginia. He also has begun to shed the maturity issues that plagued him at Virginia.
"He can play any of the (linebacker) spots in a three-four defense," McCloughan said.
Smith said Brooks has recovered from the injuries that cut short his 2005 season and estimates he will run the 40-yard dash in the 4.5-second range.
The 49ers have an extra fourth-round pick next season from the Washington Redskins and likely will get compensatory picks after losing Julian Peterson and Andre Carter to free agency.

Tampa Bay is also interested: http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/04/Bucs/Fans__enthusiasm_runs.shtml

ANOTHER PICK? The NFL's supplemental draft rarely produces significant players, but Virginia's Ahmad Brooks , considered one of college football's best linebackers a year ago, could be different.
Allen called Brooks "an interesting prospect" and said the Bucs will attend his pro day workout, expected to be June 22, and interview him as they would a regular draft prospect.

Alot of people were intrested in Manny too, there was alot of hype surrounding him but he went in the 5th, I see the same thing happening for Brooks.

Back
Top Bottom