AJ Feeley hittn Boston and Chambers with the long ball! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ Feeley hittn Boston and Chambers with the long ball!

What the hell.............

16-0

I think you guy are smoking the same hippy lettuce that Ricky.

We know nothing about the line, who in the first days of camp are looking terrible, and the backs are not running well, and AJ looks like no better. Still early, but you guys are baing this optimisitc outlook on nothing at all.

fin-atic said:
I think you guy are smoking the same hippy lettuce that Ricky.

We know nothing about the line, who in the first days of camp are looking terrible, and the backs are not running well, and AJ looks like no better. Still early, but you guys are baing this optimisitc outlook on nothing at all.

What else is there to base it on?

Hello everyone. I've been reading posts on this site for a while now and due to some technical difficulties it took me some time to sign up. Now I can finally reply. Anyway, I feel that our success this season strongly hangs on the performance of our qb regardless of who it is. We now have the weapons at WR and TE, we just need someone to get them the ball. I really hope that Feeley is an upgrade over Fiedler. I'm not asking for Feeley to be a Pro-Bowl QB, I'm just hoping that he is better than Fiedler. If Feeley can stretch the field with the passing game, our running game will be ok. If that is the case, then I feel that we can go 10-6 and make the playoffs. I don't think all the other bullsh*t that happened in the offseason, with the exception of the Ricky fiasco, will affect the team on the field. Lets also hope that our new offensive coordinator is as good as some say he is.

ASUFinFan said:
Anyone who believes that this season is already over is crazy! IT was a blessing in disquise. Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris tore up defenses now its Minor and Morris's turn! Committee attack will keep our backs fresh all season and if AJ hits our wideouts with the long ball more we are bound to be less predictable and this season will turn out jus fine. U know come the first snap, Zach is gonna rip some guys head off and our O is gonna prove we dont need ricky. After Mckinneys comments u know that the Oline is gonna work their a** off to make huge holes all season. There is way too much motivation now with all that has happened for this team to lay down. No one else on this team is a quiter!
Yeah, I'm with you.....Minor and Morris are Csonk and Morris.....and Zach is gonna "Butkus" some people......the O-line will be better than the 72' line....please.....I understand optimism but lets not get carried away, our team has major question marks that will only be fully answered when the games are played, I hope Wannstedt hasn't lost this team but I won't be convinced until I see it.

dolfinz29 said:
aj wont be our starter this year :shakeno:
and what makes u think tht? There is no proof of this at all, right now Feeleys gotta lose the job despit everything else said, and there lookin pretty even latley...still early tho. Just my take.

Marino1983 said:
:shakeno:

LMAO Hopeless negative backword thinking ... Maybe if the Dolphins did EVERYthing that YOU wanted in the offseason YOUR "SKY IS FALLING" attitude would have changed.....

But I truly doubt it !!!!

clear.gif

Marino1983

Sorry man, but the O-line is the foundation of the team. If it's good everything is better, and if it's bad nothing works. And until I see ANY evidence that this O-line can perform than there is no reason for optimism. Right now you guys are building the 2nd floor of a house without even knowing if the foundation is sound.

yankeehillbilly said:
Sorry, I just cant be that optimistic. I was when I heard the O-line had been fired and that we had picked up a new QB and David Boston.... but, we didnt get any of the guys we wanted on the line, the guys we did get are struggling, the coaching staff seems to be in disarray, Feeley isnt getting any closer to beating out Jay (which indicates that maybe Feeley really IS 3rd string calibre), Ricky quit, We have a rookie offensive coordinator who needs to make crucial adjustments to compensate for losing the player the entire offense was built around. I dont think it will be quite as bad as some predict, but I dont expect us to be too much above .500.

We got James. I said when the off-season started that he was my #1 FA target. When everybody was sure we were getting Woody, I said I'd rather have James. He hasn't been struggling at all. In fact the whole o-line has played well in the middle drill (according to reports). We have been gaining 1 to 2 yards a pop. That's what you want. The people who think otherwise don't understand the purpose of the drill. Think 3rd and 1. Everybody knows your going to run. Further, you can't run outside(like you could in a game). Getting 1 or 2 yards on what is probably the 2nd best d-line in the league is solid especially for an o-line that hasn't had much time together.

Also, I guess you missed the reports of how well Feeley did in the 2nd practice. Even though I have high hopes for him, I expected him to struggle much more than he has. I think Feeley is ahead of schedule. As for the rest of it, there has been lots posted on why the overall offensive production could improve without RW. My guess is that we'll improve on last year's record.

the thing is, no matter who your QB is, if there is no one to block for him, it wont matter
fiedler could have been amazing if he had another few seconds every down....

Like it's been said over and over. The OLine will determine the season. The D is going to be stellar as usual, but without a good (doesn't have to be great) OL, it won't really matter. The passing game, the running game all stem from the line.

While I dont share the optimism level of some I think some people are just WAY too negative. 11-5 is not really reasonable but 9-7 or 10-6 are due to the schedule being seriously in our favor for once.

On the subject of AJ, the guy has been here for a couple of months and he is already on par with the four year starter. Give the guy more than two practices!! Ricky leaving will both help and hurt AJ, but with Minor I think there are many positives for AJ. Minor is a good receiving back and the best on the team at picking up blitzes. Which translates into Minor in the flats or picking up the guy that the OL misses. Either way this is a saftey blanket for AJ. AJ has the arm to really open up the play book vertically and the WR's to do it with, which will open up the running game. I dont think Minor will CARRY the ball nearly as much as Ricky but I look for him to get almost as many touches with carries,swing passes, and check downs to him.

The OL will be no worse than last year PERIOD!! We have the opportunity to be a very good OL, but no worse.

Calling anywhere from 8-8 to 12-4 with 9-7 to 11-5 more likely.

ASUFinFan said:
Anyone who believes that this season is already over is crazy!

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??

I believe that a 12-4 season is a real possibility. Let's look at last season, we were 10-6. We could of easily been 12-4 if not for Mare. That is with Ricky gaining around 3.5 ypc. We also had a predictable offense under Norv Turner and a second wr in Derrius that did absolutely nothing. We started a first year lft. tackle that cost us a game (Indy). This year we added depth and talent to our O-line. We drafted what could be a cornerstone of our line in Vernon and added James. David Boston finally fills the void that has been their since the Marks Brothers opposite of Chambers. By the reports of TC, Feeley's arm is much stronger than Fiedlers (btw, mine is also) we might actually have a receiver catching the ball in stride and making yac. Our Defense will be stout as usual. Our secondary was upgraded by adding Howard and Edwards. Our weak spot last year was Marion and we added Edwards and Bell to compete against Freeman for that spot.

So we lost Ricky. He could have been one of the all time greats at rb, but now our team will arise to the challenge of facing this season with out him. :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom