AL MVP is...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AL MVP is......

I'm glad nobody voted Ortiz down because he was a DH (by this I mean lower then 1 or 2), it was all 1st or 2nd place votes.

man this sucks, Arod shouldnt be MVP, its not just about numbers. Half of arod's stats were when the game was out of reach. Ortiz gets the numbers when they counted.

I wonder how the NL award will turn out, because Ortiz and Andruw are basically in the same boat. Andruw didn't have to greatest batting average, but he carried that team when they needed him the most.

NorthFloridaFin said:
I wonder how the NL award will turn out, because Ortiz and Andruw are basically in the same boat. Andruw didn't have to greatest batting average, but he carried that team when they needed him the most.

Pujols should win for a few reasons. First, the Cards were missing Larry Walker and Scott Rolen for most of the season, and Jim Edmonds didn't have a great year. Pujols was the only really big bat in a lineup with Abraham Nunez and So Taguchi and Hector Luna.

Second, I find it tough to give a .265 BA the MVP, no matter what other good/great things he did. .265 is not good. And it's the main stat.

Third, Pujols was robbed the last few years because of Barry Bonds. Finally, Bonds was out of the picture. It's Pujols' turn.

Finfan86 said:
man this sucks, Arod shouldnt be MVP, its not just about numbers. Half of arod's stats were when the game was out of reach. Ortiz gets the numbers when they counted.

BS

Ortiz doesn't play the field, he doesn't deserve the MVP.

A-Rod was the right choice.

Finfan86 said:

Ortitz should pick up a glove then

The fact that A Rod disappeared in the playoff series against the Angels showed he's no MVP.

What a joke....and I'm a Yankee fan.

Pagan said:
The fact that A Rod disappeared in the playoff series against the Angels showed he's no MVP.

Good for you for being honest!:lol:

2 interesting stats....

1) This was the 1st person to win the AL MVP who didn't play for a AL West team since 1999 I believe.

2) Game Winning RBI's this year..........Ortiz 22 ARod 21. That pretty much offset the "CLUTCH" thing that Ortiz had going for him.

Pagan said:

It's a regular season award genius!:shakeno:

NorthFloridaFin said:
Well, I guess they need to re-name it the Regular Season MVP??

Anyone who follows baseball knows its a regular season award.

Back
Top Bottom