All-Time Best Dolphin WR | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All-Time Best Dolphin WR

1-Clayton
2-Warfield
3-Duper
4-McDuffie
5-Fryar

Chambers should be atop the list once his career is over if he gets a QB.

Mark Duper holds the Dolphin Record for yards with 8,869. This kind of surprised me with Warfield, Clayton, Mcduffie, and Moore being on Dolphin teams. I would have thought one of these WR's would hold this record.

AZPHINFAN75 said:
Mark Duper holds the Dolphin Record for yards with 8,869. This kind of surprised me with Warfield, Clayton, Mcduffie, and Moore being on Dolphin teams. I would have thought one of these WR's would hold this record.
Well, Duper was the "go deep" guy for Dan Marino... you're kinda prone to get massive yardage that way...

1. Clayton
  2. Warfield
  3. Duper
  4. Moore
  5. McDuffie
  6. Fryar

I'd rank them this way:

1. Clayton
2. Warfield
3. McDuffie
4. Duper
5. Chambers
6. Moore
7. Twilley
8. Gadsden

47. Tony Martin
48. Larry Shannon
49. Yatil Green

I like Gadsden as much as the next guy, however I woud put Irving Fryar ahead of him.

fairbanksb said:
Howard Twilley

I saw the big smiley, but I included him in my list. The guy said "if I can touch the ball, I can catch it", and he did. He was Griese's Mr. third down and I cannot recall the guy ever dropping a pass.

Agua said:
I saw the big smiley, but I included him in my list. The guy said "if I can touch the ball, I can catch it", and he did. He was Griese's Mr. third down and I cannot recall the guy ever dropping a pass.

You are absolutely right. The smile was because I remember watching him play. He caught damn near everything and the smile was because I couldn't believe everyone previously had not mentioned him.

Bodzilla29 said:
5 pages of this thread and no Thrill Hill???? What the hell?
or James Pruit or Scott Schwedes go figure :goof:

Nat, Freddie, and Duriel was by far the best trio. As for a single guy, I got to go with Nat. The marks had some great years, but fizzled out quick. Nat made plays from Day one till he left. Even at the end (never as fast after the knee blowout), he still made the clutch catch as evidenced by the 85 bear game, and the 85 bronco game. He left Fenning grasping air on the left hash, and in the Broco game, Dupe and Clayton were out injured and Nat made some huge plays reminicent of his early years. My high scholl coach played DB for Killian (If I remember correct) in Miami and played DB. He played a game against Nat and to make a long story short...after the game the entire secondary had to run up and down the stadium bleachers with teammates on their backs.

AZPHINFAN75 said:

Duper played twice as many years in Miami as Warfield. And he played in the Air Marino offense, as opposed to the 3-headed monster of Csonka, Morris, and Kiick.

What's amazing is that Warfield never caught more than 52 passes. And that total came in his ROOKIE YEAR.

Also amazing is the fact that Warfield averaged at least 20.6 ypc in every season from '67-'72. His first season in Miami, he averaged an astronomical 25.1. :eek:

how bout Gary Clark, Mark Ingram or Scott Miller or Mike Williams, Fred Banks, Fred Barnett even Kirby Dar Dar ,Nate Jacquet Just to name a few :D

Back
Top Bottom