All-Time Best Dolphin WR | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All-Time Best Dolphin WR

Warfield played most of his career with Clevland Right? Nat Moore was more than consitient he was a game breaker and he only played with the Dolphins. Duriel Harris was a pretty good WR as well.

Aren't you guys forgetting the likes of James Pruitt, Scott Schwedes, and Brian Manning, and... Larry Shannon? :shakeno:

MiaMarino said:
Aren't you guys forgetting the likes of James Pruitt, Scott Schwedes, and Brian Manning, and... Larry Shannon? :shakeno:
To answer your sig question: Put on a Bills uniform :D

CirclingWagons said:
To answer your sig question: Put on a Bills uniform :D

You just had to go there, didn't you (siiiighhhh.......) :shakeno:

AZPHINFAN75 said:
Warfield played most of his career with Clevland Right? Nat Moore was more than consitient he was a game breaker and he only played with the Dolphins. Duriel Harris was a pretty good WR as well.
Warfield played five seasons with the Dolphins. He played seven with the Browns and one in the WFL. He was a pro-bowler in all five seasons with the Dolphins and went to three Super Bowls with the team. Nat Moore was always one of my favorite players while he played, but I think calling him a game breaker might be a little over the top. Duriel Harris had a 2 or 3 year run of solid production, but really doesn't belong in this group.

Goin` Deep said:
Would it be:

Paul Warfield
Duriel Harris
Nat Moore
Mark Clayton
Mark Duper
Irving Fryar
Tony Martin
Chris Chambers

My vote would be Clayton.

Its unfair to put chambers amoungst a list that has retired WR's he hasn't even hit mid career, he's still fresh :)

Warfield
Clayton
Duper
Keith Jackson(does TE's count?)
Moore
Nathan(does RB's count?)
Irving Fryar
Keith Byars
Jensen
OJ Mck

Ozzy rules!!

Goin` Deep said:
Would it be:

Paul Warfield
Duriel Harris
Nat Moore
Mark Clayton
Mark Duper
Irving Fryar
Tony Martin
Chris Chambers

My vote would be Clayton.
1. Mark Clayton: Some of the most exciting pass reception I have ever seen from a Dolphin Receiver (Some of the best moves after a catch, of any receiver), and the guy combined with Marino to make one of the most deadly TD combos ever.

2. Paul Warfield: Warfield was probably more talented then Clayton, in a bigger package, but to me Clayton was a bit more exciting, and more explosive. I know Clayton had Marino to help him, but Warfield had Griese, one of the more precise, and smart QBs to play this game. Paul was still an amazing receiver though.

3. Nat Moore: You think of Moore, and 1st thing that pops up is the helicopter catch (Yes amazing concentration, and very exciting), but there were way more of those athletic and exciting catches by the guy....he was probably the most athletic Receiver (Or at least most acrobatic receiver), with the best concentration of any Dolphin receiver.

4. Mark Duper: Had blazing speed, and burnt many corners, was a very dangerous homerun hitter for Miami, but was not as complete a receiver as Clayton, and benefited more by Clayton, then Clayton did of having Duper. He dropped way too many balls. If he had had a bit better concentration in catching some of those passes, he would have been much higher on my list.

5. Irving Fryar: Always a reliable Receiver, and became Marino's favorite target after losing the Mark Brothers. Miami did not get his in his prime, but he was still a very effective WR.

6. OJ McDuffie: Did not have good speed, below average size, adequate moves, but was still a very dependable Receiver, and an automatic on 3rd downs (Until the last few years of his Career). Even though he had 90+ recpts as a #1 receiver, he was better as a 2nd Receiver.

7. Chris Chambers: Hard to evaluate him, year one, was explosive, and looked like a homerun hitter that needed to be accounted for, years two, had some trouble getting open when he became the go to guy, and in the 3rd year he showed that flash again that made all of us think of him a true superstar. If he works a bit more on getting more consistent separation, and learn to open more consistently, he could be an unstoppable monster. Until he proves himself, I will not jump the gun, but if he reaches his potential, I FOR STARTERS, would put him ahead of Moore.

8 & 9. Duriel Harris & Jimmy Ceffilo: Nice Complementary receivers that could score a TD at any time.

10. Tony Martin: Great receiver for Atlanta, but for us, he was at best Mediocre.

*This is only my opinion, so I could be wrong, I just happen to think I'm not. :goof:

Also I forgot one more WR, for best and most exciting 3rd down Receiver on the Dolphins..... Ever ......one name

Crash

A lot of you guys were probably to small or even non-existent to have seen Paul Warfield play. But I would have to not only consider him the best Dolphin WR but put him in a catagory with the Jerry Rice's as one of the all time greats. Also did his play during a time when the DB's were not hancuffed by the rules, and they actually hassaled you all the way down the field. He really was quite special.

Warfield hands down. Clayton was my favorite wr, but Warfield is among the all-time greats. No other Dolphin wr merits a mention in that category. Remember, Warfield played in an era with much more liberal pass defense rules. IMO if you put Warfield against today's defenses, he would dominate.

Back
Top Bottom