All-Time Best Dolphin WR | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All-Time Best Dolphin WR

Clayton first, Warfield second, Nat Moore 3rd.

Chambers doesn't even get consideration yet. He has the hands to be the best, but it takes more than hands, and Chambers needs time to do the rest...

--Ross

Warfield only played 5 years for the Fins, but he sure put up some big numbers. Remember back then we were a run oriented offence, Csonka, Morris, Kiick. Pass attempts back then were proably 12-15 per game.
Moore would be my 2nd choice, playing with Greise, Woodstrock, and only 2 years with Marino, was a very gifted receiver.

A few others come to mind, Horace Copeland, Brett Perrimann, Nate Jacquet. Not that they would make anybody's top 10-20 list.

DENVERDOLFAN said:
Warfield played five seasons with the Dolphins. He played seven with the Browns and one in the WFL. He was a pro-bowler in all five seasons with the Dolphins and went to three Super Bowls with the team. Nat Moore was always one of my favorite players while he played, but I think calling him a game breaker might be a little over the top. Duriel Harris had a 2 or 3 year run of solid production, but really doesn't belong in this group.

Warfield probably was the most talented, and Nat Moore did make incredible catches that were game breakers. I only mentioned Harris because he was pretty solid WR for a few years and he wasn't mentioned. Nat was my favorite. Duper and clayton were great but Marino had a way of making WR's look better than they were.

i think it must be Warfield
his 20.1 career Y/R NFL record is just amazing!!

though the mark brothers are close

It's Joe Rose, hands down then Jim "Maddog" Mandich. JK- I've got to go with Warfield, Clayton, Duper,Moore then O.J. We also had a pretty good tight end named Marv Fleming but he played his best Football for Green Bay. The best highlight reciever has to be Orande IMO.

Got to go with Warfield, the guy was great. Had he had Marino throwing to him, his numbers would have been out of this world. The Marx brothers have to come next, like someone else said, to put up those numbers being opposite each other is great. Chambers may 1 day reach #1, we Hope ! But for now,just hasnt quiet done it long enough I dont think to be their.

Too young to have seen Warfield. But averaging 21.4 ypc (his total in MIA) in a VERY run-oriented offense in an era where DBs could really mug receivers is just exemplary. Clayton is my favorite. But I can't rank him in front of a Hall of Famer.

Back
Top Bottom