All time Favorite Dolphin | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

All time Favorite Dolphin

1. Dan
2. Clayton
3. Jenson
4. Parmelee
5. Scott / Zach Thomas

I couldn't pick Czonka because he bolted from the team. (No Loyalty to the Don)

Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Dan isn't just my favorite player of all time, I actually love him more than some of my relatives.

ROFLMAO! I suspect there are more than a few of you who feel this way. That would explain why everyone was so nutso when I said that he "totally sucks" back in 1999. You would have thought I flipped off the Pope.

My favorite Dolphin will always be #22....No, not Shawn Wooden....But EUGENE MERCURY MORRIS!

Had he been used as the feature back, (and if he could have conquered those snorting demons) he would be in the HOF right now. Other than Ricky, hes the most talented back Miami ever had. One of the most talented players at any position. He was an incredible football player.

Originally posted by gunn34

I was going to say Jackie Shipp or Eric Kumerow
:cry: :cry:

How about Karim Abdul Jabbar or Sammie "I went to FSU so therefore I suck" Smith.

LOL....

Did I read a quote where Zach Thomas said hes "tired of being good"?

Thats exactly what HE is. Above avg/Good. Hes not great. Hes not special. Hes not Super....and there will be no SB while he is starting MLB for this team.

He disappears in big games (road games in December, Jets games for most of his career). I love how he's always blowing gaskets in the locker room AFTER a loss.

Hes no Ray Lewis, thats for sure..but then no is one Ray Lewis. I don't even think Zach is John Offerdahl.

But, he'll make a spectacular play now and then....That, coupled with the fact that he makes alot of tackles (even tho many are downfield ten yards) and because hes small and overachieves, he gets alot of notoriety. But when it is all said and done.........He will be an average player who played on average teams his whole career.

And thats what he is...and thats the brutal truth.

Originally posted by Boxer316
LOL....

Did I read a quote where Zach Thomas said hes "tired of being good"?

Thats exactly what HE is. Above avg/Good. Hes not great. Hes not special. Hes not Super....and there will be no SB while he is starting MLB for this team.

He disappears in big games (road games in December, Jets games for most of his career). I love how he's always blowing gaskets in the locker room AFTER a loss.

Hes no Ray Lewis, thats for sure..but then no is one Ray Lewis. I don't even think Zach is John Offerdahl.

But, he'll make a spectacular play now and then....That, coupled with the fact that he makes alot of tackles (even tho many are downfield ten yards) and because hes small and overachieves, he gets alot of notoriety. But when it is all said and done.........He will be an average player who played on average teams his whole career.

And thats what he is...and thats the brutal truth.

I am guessing that this is sarcasm

I am the only one thats got love for O.J? McDuffie was Mr.3rd down and was Marino's go-to guy through the 90's. He wasn't the fastest guy but he would catch everything thrown to him.
He started the spinning of the ball after a first down or catch. I loved watching him play. It's ashame his career was cut short.

I also really liked watching Troy Vincent and Marco Coleman play. They were some real up & comers that were fun to watch. I was really mad when they left.

that was the bad of having j.j. as coach. he wanted his players and vincent and coleman weren't. i was a huge crash fan until he rtired then O.J. took that spot. besides, he went to penn state!

IMO All time favorite Dolphins in order;

Coach Don Shula
WR Paul Warfield
QB Dan Marino
RB Mercury Morris
FB Larry Csonka
C Dwight Stephenson
OL Larry Little
TE Marv Fleming
LB John Offerdahl
CB Don McNeal
SS Dick Anderson
K Olindo Mare
DE Jason Taylor
WR Mark Clayton

These Dolphin greats were(are) simply the best at what football is all about! Current players such as Williams, Thomas, Surtain, Chambers, and McMichael can climb given the time. The over-rated Griese's should never appear on anyone's list and definitely not on mine.

No Paticular order here.......(well, except for number one)

Marino
Don Shula
Don Strock
Manny Fernandez
Larry Csonka
Manny Fernandez
Jim Jensen
Zach Thomas
Jake Scott
Paul Warfield
Earl Morral
Bob Griese
Mercury Morris
Bill Arnsparger

Originally posted by DOLPHAN1
that was the bad of having j.j. as coach. he wanted his players and vincent and coleman weren't. i was a huge crash fan until he rtired then O.J. took that spot. besides, he went to penn state!

I agree, that's the only reason Vincent and Coleman didn't stay...J.J. didn't want them plus Cox. That is the only knock on O.J. is that he went to PSU. That means alot considering I live in Pa and have to hear all the PSU fans talk their ***t, but I'm lovin this year.

OJ is the best thing to ever come out of PSU.

Back
Top Bottom