am I the only one who thinks Tony Bua will be a superstar? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

am I the only one who thinks Tony Bua will be a superstar?

Just reading about the guy ("quick, speedy, instinctive, hard hitting"), he sounds a bit like Zach (5th rounder). Just have to see how the guy turns out.

(On if he would describe himself as pretty aggressive) – “I’m just a real aggressive football player. I love to play the game, I love contact and I love hitting people and being hit. It’s the ultimate honor to be drafted, so I’m really looking forward to learning the city of Miami and just getting out to Miami.â€Â

I love this kid, he knows what it's about.

If only other people could learn that stuff *cough*manning*cough*

LIke I said the other day the guy will be the wedge breaker on kick offs. Fearless, crazy, perfect for Special Teams!

I have high hopes for the kid, but I'll reserve judgment on him being a star until he at least makes the team. That's no knock on his drive, either. Guys who hit get injured sometimes, and it wouldn't shock me if he got hurt in camp. I'm not trying to be like the guy who had the hunch about Carey getting hurt in camp, either -- I'm just saying that we all know there are going to be a few guys who get dinged up, and it could really end up being anybody. If it's one of the late picks, they may not make the team...

nick19991 said:
am I the only one who thinks Tony Bua will be a superstar? I think he will be a superstar at least on special teams because he is great in coverage for a linebacker, is a great tackler (he can knock the s*** out of you), and he is very aggresive. Thoughts?

I hope he can become good enough to be more than just special teams.
This is the type of guy IMO you NEED in your lineup. Tough, aggressive, relentless.... the type of guy that makes offensive guys think about where he is in the back of their mind instead of having 100% focus on their job.

That's the reason I love the Raider teams of the 70's and early 80's.
Alzado, Matusak, Howie Long, Ted Hendriks, Jack Tatum, Art Shell....

All these guys were just vicious. Whether they won or lost the game they KNEW the other team would go away hurting! Our team needs some of those type players.

I don't know that its possible for a guy to be a superstar off special teams unless he's a return man and returning a bunch of kicks for TDs like Dante Hall. Bua probably won't be a superstar but I do look forward to seeing both he and Derrick Pope lay out some people in part-time duties.

ckparrothead said:
I don't know that its possible for a guy to be a superstar off special teams unless he's a return man and returning a bunch of kicks for TDs like Dante Hall. Bua probably won't be a superstar but I do look forward to seeing both he and Derrick Pope lay out some people in part-time duties.

Tony Bua is a guy who could start at linebacker but Miami does not have a spot for him to start this year he will be used as a nickel linebacker and should get a chance next year to start for "the soon to be retired Seau" and this year he will light up return men.

Interesting that hes been as big as 230 pounds accoridng to Rick. Even if he plays at 225, hes plenty big enough to play WILL for our defense. Ian Gold is listed as 6-0 and 223 pounds and we all know he can play at a high level.

Being a Gator fan/alum I had the pleasure of watching Bua play against the Gators the whole time he was at Arkansas. He was a great LB for Arkansas, making 200+ tackles in the two years he played the position. He made the move to safety relatively easily, though his pass coverage needed some work, and still does. He is a good tackler, and would be great for special teams. If he bulked up a little more, to the size he was at when playing LB for the Razorbacks, I could see the comparison to him being another Zach. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what he, and Will Poole, contribute to the defense this season. And yes, he did block a field versus the Gators, though his late hit, albeit a questionable one, ended any hope of comeback Arkanasa had in that game.

I see him as a Larry Izzo type player, only possibly better. I'm not seeing him in Zach's shoes yet, he has to get on the field and show me something, but if he is in the 220-230 lb range and can maintain his speed....maybe....I say....BUUUUUUUUAAAAAAA !!!

I think if the guy is good enough to start, he'll start. It's not like Greenwood and Moore are all-pro or something.

But, let's see what the guy has. Besides, anyone remember Corey Jenkins. I hear that guy hits a ton ;)

Jenkins simply did not know how to tackle. He's quick, disruptive, super instinctive, but from the little we saw of him during the preseason, he didn't know how to tackle. If he develops the skill, he will be awesome, but someone just running around wildly flaying arms and missing isn't going to get us anything.

Back
Top Bottom