am I the only one who thinks Tony Bua will be a superstar? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

am I the only one who thinks Tony Bua will be a superstar?

Remember the things said about Zach when Miami took him in the 5th round back in 1996? The general consensus was that while he was an ultra-productive college player that had great instincts, heart, and desire, they felt that he was too limited to be a starter and would only be competitive as a special teams player. I doubt Jimmy Johnson really knew what he had with Zach Thomas. Miami went into that 1996 season with every intention of starting Jack Del Rio at middle linebacker. Zach Thomas won the job outright in training camp, and Jimmy said that the hardest cut he ever had to make was Jack Del Rio.

There are some intangible things that you can't coach into a player. You can't coach instincts into a player, and you can't coach natural aggression into a player. Tony Bua has both of these aspects. Like Zach, what Tony lacks in size, he makes up for with his anticipation skills, instincts, and his all out aggressive style on the field. I will not be the least bit surprised to see this guy as the starting weakside linebacker in 2005.

KBISBACK said:
Remember the things said about Zach when Miami took him in the 5th round back in 1996? The general consensus was that while he was an ultra-productive college player that had great instincts, heart, and desire, they felt that he was too limited to be a starter and would only be competitive as a special teams player. I doubt Jimmy Johnson really knew what he had with Zach Thomas. Miami went into that 1996 season with every intention of starting Jack Del Rio at middle linebacker. Zach Thomas won the job outright in training camp, and Jimmy said that the hardest cut he ever had to make was Jack Del Rio.

There are some intangible things that you can't coach into a player. You can't coach instincts into a player, and you can't coach natural aggression into a player. Tony Bua has both of these aspects. Like Zach, what Tony lacks in size, he makes up for with his anticipation skills, instincts, and his all out aggressive style on the field. I will not be the least bit surprised to see this guy as the starting weakside linebacker in 2005.

YES!!!! :woot:

My Bua stories...

Guys, since big Shawn got taken by the Eagles, I guess Bua isn't a bad second choice when taking a Hog. I've met this guy twice. The first time was in Starkville, Mississippi after Arkansas laid one on the leghumpers 2 years ago. My then 8 year old son wants autographs on his mini-helmet and has about the whole team, except one running back in particular. Well, Bua asks him who it is he wants and stops ALL of the buses from leaving and pulls the player off the bus to sign this little helmet. The second time is in Tuscaloosa after the Hogs whooped up on the Tide this past year. Arkansas comes back from 17 point 4th quarter deficit to win in OT.....I wanted to leave late in the 3rd but my kid isn't about to leave. Well, Bua and the Hogs come back and win. We are talking with several players after the game and finally we see Mr. Bua again. He takes my son in his arms and says, "Well, did you learn anything?" My son kinda shakes his head. Bua then tells him, "You learned this....whenever you watch us, never quit, never give up. We will always come back, no matter what. We DO NOT quit. Do you understand?" My son says, "Yes.....but my dad wanted to leave in the 3rd quarter!" I am then about 4 shades of red and Tony just laughs. Bua is a class act and will bust it to the end. He will bring an attitude that we haven't had since the Zonk. Trust me, He is a headhunter. Anyway, just wanted to follow up my Shawn Andrews pic and post with one related to a player we actually got. Here is the pic of my son and MR. Bua. Yes, MISTER Bua.

Bua Bua Bua...just like we do at the Ozzfest...Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy...lol

Ozzy rules!!

Deeznutts said:
Guys, since big Shawn got taken by the Eagles, I guess Bua isn't a bad second choice when taking a Hog. I've met this guy twice. The first time was in Starkville, Mississippi after Arkansas laid one on the leghumpers 2 years ago. My then 8 year old son wants autographs on his mini-helmet and has about the whole team, except one running back in particular. Well, Bua asks him who it is he wants and stops ALL of the buses from leaving and pulls the player off the bus to sign this little helmet. The second time is in Tuscaloosa after the Hogs whooped up on the Tide this past year. Arkansas comes back from 17 point 4th quarter deficit to win in OT.....I wanted to leave late in the 3rd but my kid isn't about to leave. Well, Bua and the Hogs come back and win. We are talking with several players after the game and finally we see Mr. Bua again. He takes my son in his arms and says, "Well, did you learn anything?" My son kinda shakes his head. Bua then tells him, "You learned this....whenever you watch us, never quit, never give up. We will always come back, no matter what. We DO NOT quit. Do you understand?" My son says, "Yes.....but my dad wanted to leave in the 3rd quarter!" I am then about 4 shades of red and Tony just laughs. Bua is a class act and will bust it to the end. He will bring an attitude that we haven't had since the Zonk. Trust me, He is a headhunter. Anyway, just wanted to follow up my Shawn Andrews pic and post with one related to a player we actually got. Here is the pic of my son and MR. Bua. Yes, MISTER Bua.

Good story it sounds like this guy is a class act too, BUA BUA BUA

Back
Top Bottom