Amazing News About Boston | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Amazing News About Boston

I remember when Bob Griese was QB he tried contacts and things got worse. He ended up being better playing with glasses. Of course the technology in contacts has improved since the dark ages.

The contacts DIDN'T screw his eyes up.

The article doens't suggest they did. It's commenting on the irony of the fact he has to wear real contacts now.

For the record, I wear contacts, and they have improved me as a sportsman a million times over.

Boston will have a great season, even his off year last year would be a welcome addition to this team, so if we get more than that its gravy.

FinFan57 said:
Just picked this up from ESPN on Boston...........

For the past two seasons, David Boston shocked cornerbacks by coming onto the field wearing wild-colored contact lenses, making his eyes purple or red or blue. A standard eye test by the Dolphins revealed one of the league's most dangerous deep threats needed a contact correction for a depth-perception problem. The new contacts have Boston picking up balls quicker and a new diet has him on pace to play at under 230 pounds. The only mandate by the team is that Boston wear only natural-colored lenses during games.

I guess Boston couldn't see last year and now has contacts. Unbelievable.

Wow, if this is true, then we might have gotten an even bigger bargin, then we thought.
:jawdrop:

I dont care if he has glass eyes, take our WR core to places we ain't ever seen before and I'll buy him some eyeballs :eek:

Clumpy said:
He hasn't played a down yet, how has he changed his game? :shakeno:

:D Someone seems to not want to see the big picture. David Boston is a big receiver that is also one of the fastest in the NFL, but they said he was difficult, and would not lose any weight (Down to the low 230s....soon to be under 230), they said he has not been the receiver he once was (we now find that he had a problem picking up the ball, and with contacts, his eye sight will be perfect). I will tell you how he has changed his game, he will be able to see the ball better for one, and with less weight, there will be less of a chance of him getting hurt....that alone makes me pretty excited. :cpatch:

If Boston returns to form when he caught for like 1600 yards, I'll be the first to say we have the best WR tandem in the league, and it will be true, because Chambers is a true superstar WR too.

CirclingWagons said:
exactly...the season is still 3 months away...that gives him plenty of time to plunge needles in his *** and juice up :goof:
Ah, the wonderful sign of desperation from two Bills fans in a row, telling us that what Boston has done so far is nothing to be excited about...makes me feel like things are finally looking up for this offense. :D I smell fear....alot of it.

Don't take this wrong Chambers...but is it really appropriate to refer to rappers as "fallen soldiers" in your signature?

IMO, not really, but then again, its not objectionable either.

Clumpy said:
He hasn't played a down yet, how has he changed his game? :shakeno:

I agree with Clumpy, maybe his offseason routine has changed a bit for the better but it still remains a mystery if he is going to change our team.

ckparrothead said:
IMO, not really, but then again, its not objectionable either.

To me it's a bit like those players who refer to the game as a battle..or themselves as soldiers. Sorry, but no, you aren't. Likewise, a rapper is not someone who has gone to fight for his country, and is CERTAINLY not to be placed in the same category as those who have given their lives for their country. At best, those rappers gave their lives for dollars, not freedom.

PhinPhan1227 said:
To me it's a bit like those players who refer to the game as a battle..or themselves as soldiers. Sorry, but no, you aren't. Likewise, a rapper is not someone who has gone to fight for his country, and is CERTAINLY not to be placed in the same category as those who have given their lives for their country. At best, those rappers gave their lives for dollars, not freedom.
I have similar feelings. I regret the deaths under either circumstance, but I would not assign the same label to the rappers -- or anyone else -- that I would to a fallen U.S. soldier. I see the status of a fallen soldier in our military as sacrosanct. That said, it's obvious that CO84 has a different view and apparently places different values on the words and the roles they're being assigned to. A part of the freedom U.S. soldiers have fought and died for includes the freedom to state differences in perceptions and values, and I hope that is appreciated by CO84 and every other American.

If there's a lot of interest in debating/discussing this, we probably should take it to a new thread in the Political/War forum.

[By the way... CO84 is a solid guy IMO. We just happen to see this differently.]

Back
Top Bottom