"An opened letter to Ted Ginn, Jr | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"An opened letter to Ted Ginn, Jr

Go watch old games of Jerry Rice. He would dive under the coverage also. Not saying Ginn is Rice, but nothing wrong with going down as long as you have picked up the yards needed.

I'm glad he is able to avoid hits. I don't think he's playing scared but more like he is playing smart. WR's don't have to take hits like RB's do. WR's need to juke and jive and when they can't, go down or out of bounds.

I see nothing wrong with what Ginn does.

the only smallish receiver i have ever seen that doesnt go down is steve smith. but all the great smaller guys that last more then 6 yrs go down, i mean look at chambers. that man took a **** load of hits from the fiedler ducks, and im sorry i feel like that left him short of his potential. And im sorry but most (not all) great ones dont take punishment unless its gonna be close enough to house it

I would rather see Ginn go down than take a big hit and be out another receiver.

Exactly, taking a hit for another 3-5 more yards is not as important as staying injury free, and continuing to (at the very least) be a player out there that defenses need to keep an eye on.

One thing that needs to be noted is Ginn goes across the middle and gets the ball. Who cares if he protects himself AND THE BALL before a receiver hits him. Some receivers don't even bother going across the middle. I'd rather see Ginn gain 10 yards rather then 11 if it's going to keep him on the field and not risk the ball coming out. IMO.

the only smallish receiver i have ever seen that doesnt go down is steve smith. but all the great smaller guys that last more then 6 yrs go down, i mean look at chambers. that man took a **** load of hits from the fiedler ducks, and im sorry i feel like that left him short of his potential. And im sorry but most (not all) great ones dont take punishment unless its gonna be close enough to house it

I hope you're not implying that Chambers is great? Cause, IMO he has talent but he doesn't use it properly. To me, the man is overrated.

ru79cx-1.jpg

vaark you're good people

The only time ginn goes down is when he knows he has no chance to make a move i would rather him go down then take a big hit and get hurt

It has worked for a long time for Marvin Harrison. Ginn does try to get extra yards when he SEES that he can. But just like Marvin (While in his prime was a Top 3 WR.) catching a pass that he feels the hit coming. He goes down and gets up to play the next down.

I have no issue with Ginn not risking get crushed by the defensive. As long as the game is not on the line, he can do what a LOT of great players do...the smart thing...GO DOWN.

Oh how I lol'd at this. BTW, what font style is that Vaark? I have been looking for something like that.

Thanks. That particular font's name is "Another"
Two similar freehand ones I use are "John Doe" and "Jane Doe" Hope that helps.

Well like many said before, many receivers have made a career of it. Why take the hits and wear and tear? He's not a big receiver by any means. I don't have a problem with it, if it were Ricky or Ronnie I would, because that is a Running Backs job, to take hits and pick up extra yeards, not our receivers. I am 100% sure that if Ginn were in the Super Bowl and had 5 yards to go to get a TD and had two guys in front of him with time expiring in the fourth quarter and we needed a score to win, he would definatley go for the score. Besdies Mando is a F*****g joke!

Again, I am sick & tired of the constant Ginn bashing. "Mando" is a horse's a**. If he saw Jesus walking on water his headline the next day would read "JESUS CAN"T SWIM". Has he ever written anything even remotely positive about the Fins? About anything?

Back
Top Bottom