Andrew Luck & Brandon Marshall wouldn't get along anyway. Serious personality clash.. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck & Brandon Marshall wouldn't get along anyway. Serious personality clash..

Since this thread has turned into a pissing match I will just say this.....BM is NOT that big of a head case. Compare him to TO, not even close. Plus look at what TO did during the time that he as running around with markers in his socks signing balls after TD's.......BEAST on the field. Marshall just talked a bunch of crap to a reporter, but then did nothing inappropriate on the field. He's just hyping things up on a team that is hype deficient!!

He has a talkative personality.....so what! He is the best receiver that we have had since OJ Mcduffie and we need him on this team. Why would Luck think twice about having a WR with his skills to throw to?? That's just stupid to say that he won't sign here bc Marshall says stupid things.

You don't force balls into coverage just so a guy can get 100 yards. EVERY WR in the league WANTS 100 yards a game. But when it's not there it's just not there. For several years now I've stood by my opinion that athletically, Brandon Marshall is one of the five best in the entire league. You're gonna draw some double teams every game and you can't force what isn't there. But Brandon is the kind of guy that thinks he can ALWAYS beat the double coverage. There's just no sense in throwing him the football when other options are better options. That's all I'm saying.

I agree that the throw isn't always there, but he has nothing to do with that.....that is on the QB if he makes the bad throw. Marshall has no part of where the ball is thrown.
I want a guy that has that confidence that he can always beat everyone! What should he do, wave off the QB and yell "don't throw it to me, I can't do it!" I want him yelling "throw it to me, I will MAKE it happen!!"

I agree that the throw isn't always there, but he has nothing to do with that.....that is on the QB if he makes the bad throw. Marshall has no part of where the ball is thrown.
I want a guy that has that confidence that he can always beat everyone! What should he do, wave off the QB and yell "don't throw it to me, I can't do it!" I want him yelling "throw it to me, I will MAKE it happen!!"

You're missing the point, dude.

If the throw isn't there, Brandon wants you to throw it anyway. Brandon doesn't care that someone else is wide open. QB1 has to be smart enough to progress thru reads and find the open man. But when Brandon doesn't get the football, Brandon isn't happy. And when Brandon isn't happy, Brandon makes life on the sidelines miserable. He's a very vocal person and that's fine, but it's what is best for the team. Brandon might go an entire game with only two catches for 10 yards and we win by two scores. I'm happy.

You're missing the point, dude.

If the throw isn't there, Brandon wants you to throw it anyway. Brandon doesn't care that someone else is wide open. QB1 has to be smart enough to progress thru reads and find the open man. But when Brandon doesn't get the football, Brandon isn't happy. And when Brandon isn't happy, Brandon makes life on the sidelines miserable. He's a very vocal person and that's fine, but it's what is best for the team. Brandon might go an entire game with only two catches for 10 yards and we win by two scores. I'm happy.

Now wait a minute.....aren't you a front runner for the SFL campaign?? You just said you would be happy if we Win??!!!
Better hope your SFL'ers don't read that......

He doesn't do as much damage on the sidelines as you state. His teammates sure don't seem to have a problem with him so the sideline can't be all that bad. I didn't miss the point, I know exactly what you're trying to say. I just don't know why you're saying it, who wants a WR that doesn't want the ball on every throw......it's a leader trait. I know it's a movie but it's actually true, I think.......in Replacements when Gene Hackman says to Reeves character (Falco)...."Winners always want the ball when the game is on the line"

Goddamn.

You're just not getting it, man.

Never did I say, "Let's go lose on purpose for Andrew Luck." I want to win, too. But it's not happening. This team sucks. You and I both know it. Can't be sugar-coated. Do I want to beat Denver? Sure. But if we lose, I'm not gonna be upset. I know we're better off losing every game drafting Andrew Luck than we are winning five meaningless games and drafting anything other than a franchise QB.

Of course we want a wide receiver that wants the football on every throw. I'm sure Devone Bess and Brian Hartline also want the ball on every throw. The difference is, they're not going to piss on everyone when they don't get the ball. They're more than fine with ball distribution. Brandon understands ball distribution but he's not happy when he isn't getting the football no matter how well the offense is moving the football without throwing it to him.

Goddamn.

You're just not getting it, man.

Never did I say, "Let's go lose on purpose for Andrew Luck." I want to win, too. But it's not happening. This team sucks. You and I both know it. Can't be sugar-coated. Do I want to beat Denver? Sure. But if we lose, I'm not gonna be upset. I know we're better off losing every game drafting Andrew Luck than we are winning five meaningless games and drafting anything other than a franchise QB.

Of course we want a wide receiver that wants the football on every throw. I'm sure Devone Bess and Brian Hartline also want the ball on every throw. The difference is, they're not going to piss on everyone when they don't get the ball. They're more than fine with ball distribution. Brandon understands ball distribution but he's not happy when he isn't getting the football no matter how well the offense is moving the football without throwing it to him.

Thanks for straightening me out. I don't see him pissing and moaning about not getting the ball though....that's what I'm trying to say. He hasn't been talking trash about his QB that I have heard anything about.

marshall will love luck because hes a QB who can actually get him the ball in the right spots on the field.... production cures all

Thanks for straightening me out. I don't see him pissing and moaning about not getting the ball though....that's what I'm trying to say. He hasn't been talking trash about his QB that I have heard anything about.

Well of course he's not complaining about Chad Henne or Matt Moore. He knows they're both terrible and they can't get him the football the way Jay Cutler could. That's not saying that Cutler is GREAT, but I think we can agree that he's better than Henne and Moore combined. Not only that, but even Brandon Marshall knows he can't open his mouth when bad quarterbacks do happen to get him the football....and he drops it.

What a stupid post
I think it was actually a very intelligent post that shows some intuitive understanding of how team dynamics work, and how the development of a leader and a team culture can be impeded by the presence of certain types of players.

We are 0-5 and Marshall has been quiet. That is impressive to me. Even if he does lose it, it's understandable we are 0-5!

We are 0-5 and Marshall has been quiet. That is impressive to me. Even if he does lose it, it's understandable we are 0-5!

Marshall might not be the smartest peanut in the turd, but he knows his football. He knows what we "need." Seems like he's doing his "part" to get us there. That's all I'm saying...

Back
Top Bottom