Andrew Luck Retires (merged X6) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck Retires (merged X6)

I just think folks should come to the realization that tanking guarantees you nothing. The top 3 QB’s in this league were acquired via a 6th round pick, free agency and the 22nd overall pick. Folks will still think tanking is the only way. Good “luck” with that.

My bet is he told the Colts to trade him or he's retiring. I'll believe he's retired if he doesn't kick the tires next off-season about playing for another team.

Carson Palmer did something similar with the Bengals.

I just think folks should come to the realization that tanking guarantees you nothing. The top 3 QB’s in this league were acquired via a 6th round pick, free agency and the 22nd overall pick. Folks will still think tanking is the only way. Good “luck” with that.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who believes this. I say it and I get told I'm an asshole.

You can bet the Colts will try to tank for Tua now.

No way they can do it, they have too many other talents and Tua isn't Luck. They are in a bad situation at Qb although Brisset showed some promise the way he got thrown out there. He is probably no worse at this point than our two guys although I'm hoping Rosen develops

Glad to see I'm not the only one who believes this. I say it and I get told I'm an *******.
Any team that purposely tries to lose is doing a disservice to their fans. There is zero proof that it builds a champion. There is no example of an NFL championship team being built int his manner.

Chad Kelly has looked pretty good this preseason, so maybe they have a diamond in the rough developing, Brisset was about as serviceable as a QB could be with so little experience and no familiarity with the colts offense when he played in 2017 and was better than Jay Cutler was for us.

Which means the Colts will have the first overall pick and draft Tua... just like EVERY time there is a "generational" QB at the top of the draft.

Sucks for Luck though... Man his career was derailed by injuries.

Ya’ll watch football? The Colts roster is way too good to be in contention for #1 pick.

It's what happen when you don't protect your QB or are late to.

Luck said he was in a cycle of injury, pain, rehab, injury, pain, rehab last 4 years - Luck said the pain has taken away his joy for the game.

Maybe we should build a very good offensive line then get a QB so we can keep him around.

Were paying Fitzpatrick 5 mil this year to take a beating this year.

Remember when Jason Taylor said the only thing that kept him playing was the toradol injections?

Y'all are crazy to think the colts need to trade for Fitz. Jacoby Beef Brisket is a very competent starter. That team will win less than if they had a healthy Luck, for sure, but they'll definitely win games.

Just crazy to think that after all these years those 1st round draft picks all got obliterated because of bad OL play/bad coaching decisions and Tannehill out of all of them ended up being the better long term solution. Goes to show that you cant bet the farm on your first round QB

Indianapolis Colts quarterback Andrew Luck rocked the NFL last night when the news leaked that he was planning to announce his retirement from the National Football League at a press conference this afternoon. The Colts, who were home for a preseason contest last night, played on as the rest of the football world began to soak in Luck’s decision.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter broke the story wide open last night and by the time the Colts’ contest was through, it was clear to Luck and the Colts that there would be no waiting for today to speak on the decision. Shortly after Indianapolis Colts fans booed Luck off the field, Luck took to the podium and formally announced his retirement from the NFL as a 29-year old star quarterback.

Dolphins fans can relate. It was 15 years ago when Dolphins running back Ricky Williams hung up his cleats for the first time as a 27-year old running back, fresh off of two seasons in Miami in which he logged 872 touches for 3,939 yards from scrimmage in 27 touchdowns. Williams’ retirement came shortly before training camp was scheduled to kickoff — a decision that rocked a Dolphins team that had won 10 games the year prior and was hopeful for a deep playoff run.

Without Williams, the team faltered to 4-12 and never truly recovered.

“I led the NFL in attempts the past two years and they really didn’t go out and get a quarterback to help me, so I knew it’s going to be all on me again,” said Williams.

“I could see my mortality as a football player, that I’m not going to be able to do this much longer,” Williams said. “It just became obvious to me that playing football for me is not going to be fun, not something I’m going to enjoy and it’s time for me to do something different.”

It sounds as though Luck has the same perspective and that was a catalyst for his decision to walk away from the game in his prime.

Read more here: https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...e=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-hero

It’s really a shame that these bad FO’s aren’t taking care of the only players that are carrying their teams, instead just driving them straight into the ground.

The Ricky news was stunning for sure, but this was on an entire new level. He would have been going to the hall of fame if he would be protected. Plus the Colts may have now entered QB purgatory. Not a great place to be

To me is not comparable. You don’t expect to have a star running back for long due to the nature of the position. If you’re fortunate enough to get a franchise QB you hope to grow old watching the guy.

Back
Top Bottom