Andrew Luck Retires (merged X6) | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Andrew Luck Retires (merged X6)

I dont think this is the end for Luck in the NFL... I cant help but to remember Ricky Williams 1st retirement which was similar in the timing and that he took a pounding for a couple of seasons prior...

I agree with others that this isn’t on the same level. Losing a player like Luck can put your franchise in the long road of losing hell. But, Luck did what was best for him.

It sucks for fans (NFL fans, not just Colts fans) as he was great to watch when he is healthy.

But good for him. He is not even 30, rich as hell, smart and can now enjoy the rest of his life and preserve his body to live a hopeful long life.

I hope threads like this and all the other ones make fans have more appreciate for Tannehill.
It's hard as hell to play the position.Heck, in the same time frame i'm not sure of any other QB that took more of a beating than Tannehill including Luck.

Overall, I hope it lends some thoughts to all the other players that don't have the big name like Luck, nor the type of financial security, he has, to retire early.

You guys are missing the point of the article. It’s not to compare the impacts each had on their respective teams but how not taking care of the team around them to reduce excessive reliance on them led to Ricky and Luck retiring early because they can’t keep going through that grind mentally and physically.

With Luck, the O-line was constantly ignored, they had OLs on par with Miami’s if not worse, kid took physical beatings during the season and mental ones after the season to try and recover.

With Ricky, it says it right in the article, he led the previous 2 seasons before he retired in touches and Miami did nothing To get a decent QB to relieve Ricky from having to do all that again. Miami was planning to run him into the ground for a 3rd straight season.

I hope threads like this and all the other ones make fans have more appreciate for Tannehill.
It's hard as hell to play the position and in the same time frame, i'm not sure of any other QB that took more of a beating than Tannehill including Luck.

Overall, I hope it lends some thoughts to all the other players that don't have the big name like Luck, nor the type of financial security, he has, to retire early.

Tannehill was a tough SOB! He will be starting for the Titans soon. MM will get hurt.

I'm going to so piss if Colts are worst than the dolphins this year and the colts get to pick another franchise QB again without missing a beat.

Tannehill was a tough SOB! He will be starting for the Titans soon. MM will get hurt.

Happy Luck is able to actually walk away. But let's not ever forget this is a brutal game. It also needs to reflect how careless some of these teams FO can be in not doing everything possible to protect their QBs. This is directly looking at you Dolphins organization.

How many times have we done the bare minimum to shore up the OL?

To a lesser degree you can say the same thing happened with Calvin Johnson, he’s putting up monster numbers year in and year out, he’s getting injured and rehabbing from injuries and Detroit is doing nothing to actually try to win with him. I mean I can’t really blame Johnson for not wanting to go through another year like that when he knows detroit had no chance of winning anything.

They’ll probably end up with Tua, which will also guarantee nothing. That’s why there is no such thing as tanking.

You guys are missing the point of the article. It’s not to compare the impacts each had on their respective teams but how not taking care of the team around them to reduce excessive reliance on them led to Ricky and Luck retiring early because they can’t keep going through that grind mentally and physically.

With Luck, the O-line was constantly ignored, they had OLs on par with Miami’s if not worse, kid took physical beatings during the season and mental ones after the season to try and recover.

With Ricky, it says it right in the article, he led the previous 2 seasons before he retired in touches and Miami did nothing To get a decent QB to relieve Ricky from having to do all that again. Miami was planning to run him into the ground for a 3rd straight season.

I mean the OLine was excellent last year and is gonna be similar this year. They were legit AFC championship contenders, even if many have them behind NE and KC.

I don't think he was worried about taking abuse, definitely not to the point of 300+ carries that Ricky would of taken.

He had some tough injuries to deal with over the last few years and these injuries consume your life. There is no off-season, it's rehab 7 days a week until you are able to hopefully get back out there. It's the ultimate physical and mental drain

Doing that once is bad enough, he was about to have to do it for a third time and he just can't anymore.

I mean the OLine was excellent last year and is gonna be similar this year. They were legit AFC championship contenders, even if many have them behind NE and KC.

I don't think he was worried about taking abuse, definitely not to the point of 300+ carries that Ricky would of taken.

He had some tough injuries to deal with over the last few years and these injuries consume your life. There is no off-season, it's rehab 7 days a week until you are able to hopefully get back out there. It's the ultimate physical and mental drain

Doing that once is bad enough, he was about to have to do it for a third time and he just can't anymore.

I just hope he got out in time to live a moderately healthy life. Most people don't understand how these injuries follow players for the rest of their lives. Luck's obviously a very bright guy, and there's no reason for him to sacrifice the rest of his life to gut out a few more years in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom