Another Huge Start for Jones | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Another Huge Start for Jones

I think everyone should lay off the Jones Kool-Aid.

He's playing Iowa, and doesn't even look all that great.

Yep. I have tried really hard to find redeeming qualities in Landry Jones through the entire year. I have given him multiple chances in my mind... I cannot anymore.

I like Tannehill's upside and raw tools. Nick Foles has always been one of my favorites...

Landry Jones just looks shot.

He does **** in the red zone for they always take him out.

High throws by Landry all over the field. Whats with his 3/4 release? Looks terrible.

Not liking his mechanics at all. Holds the ball around his waist, a very Philip Rivers type release without the arm strength to back it up.

Wasn't some mock picking Riley Reif for us with our pick in the top 10? He just got blown up.

Yep. I have tried really hard to find redeeming qualities in Landry Jones through the entire year. I have given him multiple chances in my mind... I cannot anymore.

I like Tannehill's upside and raw tools. Nick Foles has always been one of my favorites...

Landry Jones just looks shot.

funny you mention Foles. Mel Kiper (I know I know) mentioned how Foles as a boarderline 1st round grade right now, but he said many scouts have started rewatching the film of him and he actually looks a lot better than you would have thought given Arizona's bad year. I've always liked Foles too.

JMO but Landry Jones being taken out in the redzone has more to do with the fact that they don't have a bruising back that can get tough yards. Finch, Whaley, and Clay are all under 200 lbs. Blake Bell's, the QB that Jones comes out for, has 10 rush TDs. ZERO pass TDs.

funny you mention Foles. Mel Kiper (I know I know) mentioned how Foles as a boarderline 1st round grade right now, but he said many scouts have started rewatching the film of him and he actually looks a lot better than you would have thought given Arizona's bad year. I've always liked Foles too.

JMO but Landry Jones being taken out in the redzone has more to do with the fact that they don't have a bruising back that can get tough yards. Finch, Whaley, and Clay are all under 200 lbs. Blake Bell's, the QB that Jones comes out for, has 10 rush TDs. ZERO pass TDs.

Foles was a stud as a junior and when Arizona was a stable, winning team. This year was a mess beyond all measures.

You could draft another position and bounce back into the end of round one to snag Foles. OR you could fall back some to get him. OR if you REALLY have a conviction on a QB, just run the card up and get the guy.

I bet Foles wows in the evaluation process.

sideline reporter said word around the Oklahoma team is Landry Jones is leaving school for the NFL.

This game is starting to get interesting.

Meh.....interesting for just a couple of minutes. The bowl committee could have found a better match up.

Jake Locker sucked more than Jones last year and look at where he went.

Locker is more athletic, but in QB-starved league...

thats iowa football folks... defense (usually) keeps them in the game, so that ken okeefe can to top the ****tiest calling game of his career...(usually his previous game)...

i went to bed I was so ****ing bored after it was 14-0. just like I said, I think jones needs to sit at least a year. I don't really have that kind of patience. His mechanics are suspect, but I don't think I'd go so far as to say he doesn't have arm strength.

He SHOULD/will come out, IMO... staying would only hurt him more draft wise... with that belldozer package in the redzone, it has to kill his draft stock... maybe another year would help him with pocket presence, but the way his mechanics are, I'd say they don't have a qb coach who is trying to help jones out with that.

reiff is nice, but how the **** do you justify taking a RT over a guy like upshaw, claiborne or blackmon???? I better not see that from the phins... there will be a couple wisconsin OL available when we pick in the 2nd round, address it than.

i have to watch the rest of the game sometime... did anybody pick up on big mike D, on the iowa DL... he was ballin in the first half. did mcnutt do anything in the second half..... GOD i can't wait to get some jake rudock at qb, instead of vandendouche.

Back
Top Bottom