Anthony Steen doing 'whatever's best for the team' in Miami Dolphins' offensive line | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anthony Steen doing 'whatever's best for the team' in Miami Dolphins' offensive line

For one the majority of our rushing yards came after contact as our line was one of lowest rated units in allowing early contact. Also, Gase was the coach who saw our early line struggles and changed our pass blocking to more aggressive dish sets from the traditional vertical sets following the bye.

Seems to be a lot of speculation about what happens behind closed doors....And they were a bunch of low draft picks and UDFA's that ended up playing about 943 snaps. Not counting the 141 snaps played by the turnstile brothers before they were cut. It seems Gase didn't have a problem with him....or Terrell Williams. Is that a knock on Gase? I'm not saying either way, just throwing it out there.

Seems to be a lot of speculation about what happens behind closed doors....And they were a bunch of low draft picks and UDFA's that ended up playing about 943 snaps. Not counting the 141 snaps played by the turnstile brothers before they were cut. It seems Gase didn't have a problem with him....or Terrell Williams. Is that a knock on Gase? I'm not saying either way, just throwing it out there.

It's not speculation. Not only can you see the difference of the pass blocking and scheme on film, there was also an article on Gase saying he saw the problem and knew how to fix it. It comes from his time with Peyton Manning and PM's time with heralded o-line coach Howard Mudd who used dish sets in Indy.

Last edited:
I'm not a big fasano fan. At his age, he's a undersized lineman.

But when Fasano is in, who sits? If it's traditional 2 TE pkgs, I see his worth. But outside of that, I see limited production from Fasano in this offense. Production would primarily be his blocking, as he can't threaten seams and in his limited production in Tennessee, it was basically 2-3 yard passes to the flat.

Fasano was such a good get this year. He was underrated as a pass catcher when he was here. He'll be neglected by the pass defense and find himself wide open. We don't even need him to produce, really. He's a solid blocker, I don't know about #1, but he's good.

He was an underrated red zone threat also.

First Fasano so far has stayed on the field while Sims was concussioned prone, second RT and Fasano have been hanging out in the offseason since he left so we know they have a good working relationship, third Fasano caught quite a few more passes before he left the phins than afterwards meaning he has the ability to do more than what he was asked by the Titans. A healthy young Sims is the better choice as a all around tight end, but healthy is the key word, other than that Fasano is b getting older so you have to worry about declining speed and injury that comes with age. Good pickup for at least this year IMO.

Fasano was such a good get this year. He was underrated as a pass catcher when he was here. He'll be neglected by the pass defense and find himself wide open. We don't even need him to produce, really. He's a solid blocker, I don't know about #1, but he's good.

This isn't 2008. Watching Tennessee games last year, his play had really dropped off.

Tennessee has a oline I can watch any day of the week. Straight maulers. Add the 2 RBs they have, and there was nothing pretty about that teams philosophy, nor a doubt about it's identity. Again though, Fasano wasn't a major cog, his receptions or routes were the equivalent of screens. Watching him run after the catch, was brutal.

that's where I see his value, he can block on running plays and offer good hands on passes. I can see defenses leaving him wide open with all the other targets available

Back
Top Bottom