ANTHONY THOMAS (aka, A-TRAIN) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ANTHONY THOMAS (aka, A-TRAIN)

No, Antowain Smith did not do well. He won a ring because of Brady and Redmonds SB heroics on that last drive.... and the NE defense that just makes the right plays at the right time.

If you would be satisfied with Antowain Smith then you may be more messed in the head than RW.

pigskinguy said:
I am taking the names of all the nay-sayers and if we get him and he has a great season I am going to call all you guys out. :lol:
Well i wont b one of those people, cuz id like to get this guy on our team too. I think he has the talent, just needs a fresh start in a new situation. Guys his stats arent any much worse then Ricky Williams' is New Orleans, and look how he did with us(as a player, not team success.) Im certainly not sayin A-Train will ever be in the same class as Ricky, but he could b good with a new situation. If we can get him for no more then a 4th, maybe 3rd round pick, id seriosuly consider it if i was Speilmen tht is.

BTW, i kno i sound dumb, but wuts the diff between a conditional 3rd and just a normal 3rd?

I personally like Minor. I would love to give him a shot to run for a season, but I wouldnt be willing to make that big of a risk. He does have a 4.1+ ypc average over the last few seasons. Hes perfect for the 40-50 carrieper year guy, but is he good enough for the 20-30 carries per game?

I dont think so. Thomas last year went 1024 in 13 games (about 79 yard per game), behind an o-line most would say worse than Miami's, and Ricky went 1372 in 16 games (about 86 yards per game) behind an also not too good o-line to be kind.

348 yards difference. For a good runner, that is roughly 4 games worth of yardage.

I believe all would agree that Thomas was not at his healthiest. With a full offseason to recover even more, he should be at top of his game producing better numbers.

If everyone was crying for Ricky to come back at first, A-train would be an exceptional replacement.

Now the price comes into play. I believe Chicago wanted o-gun...

dont start yelling at me because I am not suggesting tradign o-gun, that would be silly, but I do believe that Chicago may be sour about such a high price for him before and this may hurt us if we do start negotiations for Thomas.

I could be totally wrong but I forsee that Chicago will ask more than he is worth

MOULDSROCKS said:
No, Antowain Smith did not do well. He won a ring because of Brady and Redmonds SB heroics on that last drive.... and the NE defense that just makes the right plays at the right time.

If you would be satisfied with Antowain Smith then you may be more messed in the head than RW.

I Would be satisfied if we trade for AT and he performs as well for us as AS did for the Pats in 2001: 1157 yds, 4.0 avg, 13TDs.
But don't see trade happening because despite the need AT is a FA next year and Miami won't give up much for a one year rental.

HOLY CRAP! alright, all i read was the initial post and about 3 lines of it. A-Train is NOT a back that the dolphins need. he has lackluster running back w/ average at best games. and he even comes from the more conservative offenses in the league. (think wandstat is conservative? i've seen the bears john shoop and dick juron take the cake).

Back
Top Bottom