Any chance Eddie Moore unseats Greenwood? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any chance Eddie Moore unseats Greenwood?

gottahavefootba

The Predator
Reaction score
Does anybody think Eddie Moore may unseat Greenwood for Starting strongside linebacker? With Zach out for a while this article http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...ul10,0,6436763.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front says Greenwood will move to MLB while Zach is out. With all the praise for Moore last year this would be his best chance. I remember last year before he got hurt there was talk of him competing for starter. If he can get in there now and show he can handle it, Greenwood may get pushed aside.

Personally I thought Greenwood did a pretty good job last year. Remember he is playing SLB and taking on the TE on running plays and can't run free like Thomas and Seau.

give me a break Eddie Moore has played Zero downs as an NFL Player. He got hurt in his first action in preseason. Now Greenwood may not be spectacular but he did improve a lot . On Moore let´s wait and see.

gottahavefootba said:
Does anybody think Eddie Moore may unseat Greenwood for Starting strongside linebacker? With Zach out for a while this article http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-dolphins10jul10,0,6436763.story?coll=sfla-dolphins-front says Greenwood will move to MLB while Zach is out. With all the praise for Moore last year this would be his best chance. I remember last year before he got hurt there was talk of him competing for starter. If he can get in there now and show he can handle it, Greenwood may get pushed aside.
Frankly I like Jenkins long term more than Moore, I watched them both in camp last year and Jenkins has alot of ability.

I don't think Zach will be out for any regular season games, but if he is, there is always a chance.

Remember Eddie Moore didn't even get a defensive down in the preseason last year.

He could be something special.

BlueFin said:
Frankly I like Jenkins long term more than Moore, I watched them both in camp last year and Jenkins has alot of ability.
Blue you are right. Jenkins will be better than Moore, he is very good in pass coverage

Had LB E. Moore not missed the entire 2003 season, possibly. Unfortunately, he never got on the field to compete. I think E. Moore will come around, and show he's ready to play, but I doubt he'll be starting anywhere in 2004.

In 2005, E. Moore should be ready to move into at least one starting spot at LB. Possibly for J. Seau depending on how he plays this year. I think Seau was great, so I wouldn't count him out staying on in 2005 either....

OLB M. Greenwood did play well last year, and that helped. He's starting to come around...

PHINZ RULE!!!

Morlon wasnt spectacular last year but he was decent. The questions remain though, do we want someone decent or someone who will make a difference? id like to see Eddie Moore play, but I also want the best man to win. We need to field the best guys we have to have a shot. Whoever that may be, I hope he helps us get far along with the rest of the defense.

Muck, do you have that play when he stoped Fred Taylor on a 4th and 1?

The best thing about this whole Zach thing is that Moore gets a lot of reps, which also give Jenkins more reps as moore would have been the 1st in, now it's Jenkins, this maybe just what our LB's corps needed. This may help us a lot in the long run.

well with Zach hurt, after the preseason we will either feel really bad about the back up depth at linebacker or really good.

No way Moore takes Greenwood's spot this season, Morlon was pretty quiet his first couple seasons, but really picked it up last season, hopefully he picks up where he left off last season.

bobdroopy said:
Muck, do you have that play when he stoped Fred Taylor on a 4th and 1?

Yes I do. And I'll post it when I get home tonight. :)

Morlon lowered the boom. Actually, I think it was Marc Edwards he hit. Either way, we'll see soon.

Moore has no shot IMO. Greenwood is miles ahead of him at this point. He played very well last year.

Back
Top Bottom