Any Idea Who The Hell We Draft Now?!?!?! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Idea Who The Hell We Draft Now?!?!?!

kvado16

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I mean we're filling up every roster need possible through free agency, I mean I applaud it but we need to take a breather and figure out what players we draft now. At this point Cornerback, Safety and pass rusher is our remaining needs assuming Jake returns. I'm hearing a lot of people say that Xavier Rhodes will be the pick in the first, however he doesnt really fit our zone scheme so again this begs the question who are some options for our team in the first 3 rounds as of now.

Re: Any Idea ho The Hell We Draft Now?!?!?!

Two Cbs, a DE, safety, WR, TE and RB ... in no particular order.

Swope, Rhodes, Ertz and honey badger hopefully among them.

Two Cbs, a DE, safety, WR, TE and RB ... in no particular order.
Oh yea forgot Running back is also a need. Hopefully we still draft a TE despite Keller but Idk if I'd classify it as a need.

I think it has to be CB now....but I am not sure about Xavier Rhodes at #12....we could probably trade down and get him, or Trufant from the U. of Washington. I doubt we will focus on a WR with Gibson being signed...we have a ton of receivers right now. I think a CB like Rhodes/Trufant, maybe another d-back like Elam...and yeah we could use a goof RB to replace Ricky....I like Lacy and Montee Ball.

I think it has to be CB now....but I am not sure about Xavier Rhodes at #12....we could probably trade down and get him, or Trufant from the U. of Washington. I doubt we will focus on a WR with Gibson being signed...we have a ton of receivers right now. I think a CB like Rhodes/Trufant, maybe another d-back like Elam...and yeah we could use a goof RB to replace Ricky....I like Lacy and Montee Ball.

I dont think we'll have a shot at Lacy he's probably going in the late first, Montee Ball though could be a winner along with Leveon Bell they both bring a different aspect to our running game with Lamar Miller. I agree I doubt we draft a receiver with all the guys we have maybe we could draft a TE like Ertz or possibly but not likely Eifert in the 2nd to complement Keller. Also like the idea of Trufant over Rhodes, and then maybe draft Johnthan Banks in the 2nd or third.

Oh yea forgot Running back is also a need. Hopefully we still draft a TE despite Keller but Idk if I'd classify it as a need.

I would go TE at 2a we have keller but he is on a one year deal. I would pick up Ertz and get him ready to be a key player in a years time

Cooper at #12 is a lock to me if there ....if not its gonna be rhodes.

I would go TE at 2a we have keller but he is on a one year deal. I would pick up Ertz and get him ready to be a key player in a years time

That is a good point, you know I was kinda playing this out in my head because we still have Egnew on the roster and this is the way I see it, if Egnew shows enough promise next year we don't resign Keller and we move on with a TE we draft from this year if not we cut his ass and move on with the TE prospect and Keller. Either way we'll have those spots filled up with 2 different kinds of Tight Ends. Hopefully the Fins see it the same way come April lol.

I see and edge rusher still, an OG still and up to as many as two CB's... for sure...

after that, I can legitamately see a DT in there, a TE, and a running back in the middle rounds.

although, eddy lacy and lamar miller would be one sick combination.

First round will be either Dee Millner, Bjoern Werner or one of the OT's that could fall e.g. Johnson or could be DE Ezekiel Ansah if he falls. 2nd round picks will be on a corner (maybe Poyer) and a tight end (maybe Ertz). If a corner is taken in round one, then the 2nd round will be a tight end and then a wide receiver like Zach Ertz/Reed/Escobar and then somebody like Justin Hunter. I expect an offensive lineman - my guess is a guard - to be taken somehwere in the first three rounds. I have a gut feeling we like Jonathan Cyprien and will take him end of 2nd or 3rd round if he's there.
My two cents.

First round will be either Dee Millner, Bjoern Werner or one of the OT's that could fall e.g. Johnson or could be DE Ezekiel Ansah if he falls. 2nd round picks will be on a corner (maybe Poyer) and a tight end (maybe Ertz). If a corner is taken in round one, then the 2nd round will be a tight end and then a wide receiver like Zach Ertz/Reed/Escobar and then somebody like Justin Hunter. I expect an offensive lineman - my guess is a guard - to be taken somehwere in the first three rounds. I have a gut feeling we like Jonathan Cyprien and will take him end of 2nd or 3rd round if he's there.
My two cents.
Cyprien wont be a borderline 2nd-3rd round player more like borderline 1st-2nd round player, but it's interesting you bring him up he seems like a guy that Ireland really really likes however I can't but feel this is one of those situations where we get Jimmy Grahamed and we wait too long to get him.

You're probably right but it's possible Cyprien could be there bottom of second/early third - I can live in hope right? I hope we don't wait too long as well.
Cyprien wont be a borderline 2nd-3rd round player more like borderline 1st-2nd round player, but it's interesting you bring him up he seems like a guy that Ireland really really likes however I can't but feel this is one of those situations where we get Jimmy Grahamed and we wait too long to get him.

Sheldon Richardson of Missouri I think is in the mix. It takes time for DT's to develop. BOTH tackles are free agents next year. Richardson could push the pocket. Rhodes and Trufant are obvious possibilities. Tavon Austin could be the slot guy to take the O to the next level. I do not see O-line. I do not see DE. Kenny Vaccaro would be a sleeper pick.

Sheldon Richardson of Missouri I think is in the mix. It takes time for DT's to develop. BOTH tackles are free agents next year. Richardson could push the pocket. Rhodes and Trufant are obvious possibilities. Tavon Austin could be the slot guy to take the O to the next level. I do not see O-line. I do not see DE. Kenny Vaccaro would be a sleeper pick.

Good choices Idk how I feel about Richardson though, Tavon would be nice but I doubt we take him due to our recent signings of receivers.

I feel like Trufant or Rhodes will be the #1 pick. I think Trufant might be a better fit with his ability in zone coverage, but we'll see. If Werner somehow falls, I'd have to think he's in play as well.

Back
Top Bottom