Any JT news? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any JT news?

“Handshake Agreement” In Place Between Pats And Jason Taylor?

Posted by Mike Florio on May 8, 2009, 10:51 a.m.
There’s a phenomenon in old-school journalism that, in this age of the never-ending news cycle, can at times be misinterpreted.
With space to fill and nothing else really happening right now for teams that don’t have minicamps this weekend, newspaper writers need to write something for placement in their newspapers. And so sometimes they’ll write news that isn’t really based on, you know, news.
But the headline will suggest that it’s, you know, news.
The content then will indicate that it’s primarily a rehashing of stuff that anyone with an Internet connection has known about for at least a week.
And so we’ve received multiple e-mails today from readers who saw the item in the Providence Journal titled “Signs Point To Jason Taylor Landing In New England” and who in their apparent excitement regarding the much-anticipated move didn’t bother to realize that there’s not really anything in the article that advances the ball or suggests that anything is going to happen any time soon.
The one new assertion we noticed in the article from Shalise Manza Young (and we really don’t intend this to be an indictment of Shalise or her well-written item — she was merely filling the space that her editor told her to fill) was that “some . . . believe” a ”handshake agreement” already is in place between the Pats and Taylor. And so we’ve opted to use that as the headline for this blurb
Regardless, it’s becoming increasingly obvious to us that Taylor plans not to put pen to paper until the season of the underwear practices has ended. The guy gave up $8.5 million from the Redskins because he didn’t want to spend 25 days of his offseason working out with the team; surely, he won’t be signing a contract for far less than $8.5 million until all mandatory and voluntary involuntary workouts have concluded.

thank god you didnt waste your time writing this yourself. What the hell is Florio referring to, to tell us sports journalists are full of **** (something we already know), and that these journalists and "analysts" believe JT and BB shook hands in agreement on a contract... Some also beleve JT and BB DID NOT shake hands in agreement on a contract which holds just as much water as what is , dare I say, "reported".

This topic is Moronic. Who cares if he goes.. he is a shell of his former self and would get handled by our OL

Last edited by a moderator:
thank god you didnt waste your time writing this yourself. What the hell is the point of it, to tell us sports journalists are full of **** (something we already know), and that some believe JT and BB shook hands in agreement on a contract... Some also beleve JT and BB DID NOT shake hands in agreement on a contract which holds just as much water as what is , dare I say, "reported".

This topic is Moronic. Who cares if he goes.. he is a shell of his former self and would get handled by our OL

Oh no my post doesn't meet your approval. What ever dude this is a forum to pass on information if you don't like it fine that is your opinion.

Oh no my post doesn't meet your approval. What ever dude this is a forum to pass on information if you don't like it fine that is your opinion.

If you could understand what I was saying, you would have known I was referring to Florio, not YOU...

Back
Top Bottom