Any Truth To This Trade Down? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Any Truth To This Trade Down?

Good

I'll take a bidding war for our slot.

Swap first and two seconds. Take that!
Would depend on who's there when we pick if a bidding war ensues. Ideally if we were to get two teams wanting to trade up for the same player then we can pit them against each other and take the best offer.

If Philly is dumb enough to give up both seconds you take it. An offer like that doesn't come around that often. If that happened, I'd try and drop back a few more spots and grab another second then take Weeden with the first and still have 5 more picks before pick 74.

Oh to dream......
Barron seems to be the target of at least 2 teams and Cox is coveted by Philly that I know of .. I've also heard NE and SD have looked into trading up for Barron ...

As bad as Jacksonville reportedly wants to get down, I can't imagine they'd pass up on 2 seconds, and they're even rumored to be taking Cox. Don't know why Philly'd be talking to us instead of them.

Buddy of mine (Eagles fan) texted me saying Eagles are trading up with Phins.

Swap first's and acquire both of eagles 2nd's?

Looks like they are going after Fletcher Cox, getting cold feet Panthers will snatch him up.

Not sure maybe some Eagles "insiders" are throwing this out?

Wait, if we're trading with the Eagles I want more than both of their 2nd's. Those guys screwed us with A.J. Feeley and I'm still looking for payback.

Wait, if we're trading with the Eagles I want more than both of their 2nd's. Those guys screwed us with A.J. Feeley and I'm still looking for payback.
I suggest both 2nds and a free kick to their GM's balls. Then we call it even.
Chubbs

If that is true, we should give the Panthers a call and see if they are willing to move up a spot. Don't know what they would be willing to offer us, but we would still be in good position to draft Kuechly, Barron, or Floyd.

it does seem as though Philly (for Cox) and the Cowboys (for Barron) are the likely trade partners.

Every expert/talking head/mock drafter has us taking Tanny at 8, yet 90% of them don't think he's worth a top ten pick. Again, I say we take our chances and trade down a few spots to were he should be selcted... 14-15 sounds right, and ironically those are Philly and Cowboys picks...

I doubt we get more then their 1st and 2nd pick though to move up, unless they throw in some sorta depth player or 7th rounder...

Everyone says the jags at #7 are the hot spot,but I believe our pick is the hottest. Can you imagine? Getting our biggest need in a pass rusher and picking up an extra 2nd and maybe something else? Schools out! Getting me a drink for sure soon as we trade down! May need 1 anyway if we pick coples at #8.lol

Even if we trade down to Philly and swap firsts, get the early second and third. Sounds good to me.

Everyone says the jags at #7 are the hot spot,but I believe our pick is the hottest. Can you imagine? Getting our biggest need in a pass rusher and picking up an extra 2nd and maybe something else? Schools out! Getting me a drink for sure soon as we trade down! May need 1 anyway if we pick coples at #8.lol

actually I still think 7 is the better spot. It all depends on what the Jags are asking for vs what we're asking for vs who's left on the board...

No idea honestly, hence why I was asking.

Like I said, Eagles fan buddy texted me this. Not sure if its some Eagles "insiders" that are tweeting this or whatever junk?

We have exactly one elite player on this team. Why trade down?

It is not like they have a strong history of cleaning up in the second round, either.

I can't see Philly giving up both 2nd rounders. According to the draft value chart, the 51st pick would be fair value.

#8 Pick = 1400

for

#15 Pick = 1050
#51 Pick = 390
-------

If we were to trade with the Cowboys then it would have to be for their 2nd round pick #45.

#14 Pick = 1100
#45 Pick = 450
------

They may even want a late round pick from us thrown in or a possible swap of selections but I guess it all comes down to who's there at #8 and how desperate these guys are to get their guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom