Anyone else feel like giving up everything & the kitchen sink for Quinn? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feel like giving up everything & the kitchen sink for Quinn?

im with ya whatever it takes! as long as we come out with quinn i dont care what happens.

How about Drew Bledsoe, Trent Dilfer (Sb Anyone?), Steve Mcnair, Kerry Collins, Chad pennington, Michael Vick. While some may be argued, all are better than we have had behind center since Dan....:tongue:
With the exception of McNair, I'm one happy Dolfan we haven't had any of those guys. I'd hate to see us blow a first, especially a nine, on a player equal to the names you have listed. Even in Bledsoe's hayday, I never felt he was a top 5 QB. Never.

With the exception of McNair, I'm one happy Dolfan we haven't had any of those guys. I'd hate to see us blow a first, especially a nine, on a player equal to the names you have listed. Even in Bledsoe's hayday, I never felt he was a top 5 QB. Never.

Dude you never watched the duels him and Dan used to have back in the day then, He had a very good career... And a Super Bowl run.

Quinn and Russell are not Leinart, Young, and Cutler. If we were ever going to "give up everything" for a QB, it would've been for the latter 3. I say we stay where we are, go after a position of need (o-line, secondary), try out Daunte or Trent Green for a year, and then wait til next year. If Daunte or Trent don't pan out, then we'll have a high pick and we can go after a real prospect like Brian Brohm or even Booty.

Actually, many had Quinn rated right there with Leinart last year. Some speculated he would be taken over Leinart.

He was graded better then both Cutler and Young. Don't let your personal opinion start spreading falacies.

Dude you never watched the duels him and Dan used to have back in the day thenn, He had a very good career...
I watched them all, thanks. Some of them a couple of times. To suggest Drew Bledsoe was even in the same league as Dan (and trust me, this was a very a la mode thing to do back then) is heresy.
About the only thing I can give credit ot Bledsoe for is his longevity. He surprised me by playing this long. I thoguht he was washed up before he even got to Buffalo. He has been a very average Qb his entire career.

Actually, many had Quinn rated right there with Leinart last year. Some speculated he would be taken over Leinart.

He was graded better then both Cutler and Young. Don't let your personal opinion start spreading falacies.

Bravo, someone who speaks up.

If your sure of Quinn then you do give up a late second to go get him. There's no doubt about that.

Giving two seconds though is a different story. It's a huge investment and you have to be 100% sure about it.

I watched them all, thanks. Some of them a couple of times. To suggest Drew Bledsoe was even in the same league as Dan (and trust me, this was a very a la mode thing to do back then) is heresy.
About the only thing I can give credit ot Bledsoe for is his longevity. He surprised me by playing this long. I thoguht he was washed up before he even got to Buffalo. He has been a very average Qb his entire career.

Saying he had a good career is not saying he is in the same league as Dan, read carefully next time.

Drew=Good Career
Dan=Football God

His early days, watching him and Dan sling it were some of the funnest games I have ever seen. Go look at some stats...

If your sure of Quinn then you do give up a late second to go get him. There's no doubt about that.

Giving two seconds though is a different story. It's a huge investment and you have to be 100% sure about it.
Agree with the philosophy but not the player.

Quinn and Russell are not Leinart, Young, and Cutler. If we were ever going to "give up everything" for a QB, it would've been for the latter 3. I say we stay where we are, go after a position of need (o-line, secondary), try out Daunte or Trent Green for a year, and then wait til next year. If Daunte or Trent don't pan out, then we'll have a high pick and we can go after a real prospect like Brian Brohm or even Booty.

A couple things...

-I am not a fan of drafting for need over value, especially with a top 10 pick. We definitely need a left tackle, but I am generally also not a proponent of drafting O Lineman with really premium picks. While hitting on an elite prospect at LT can be a boon for a franchise for years, it has been proven time and time again that it is possible, nee, likely, that you can find adequate O Linemen later in the draft. There are enough quality linemen in the draft this year that we should be able to get plenty of help there in rounds 2-7, especially considering all the picks we have.

-I am not crazy about just "winging it" with Green or Culpepper for next year as you said. There is absolutely no guarantee that we would be in good position next year to draft a guy like Brohm, Brennan, or even Booty. The bottom line is that they need to decide whether Quinn is their guy, and if he is, to make sure they get him. There is no need to go and make some stupid Ditka-esque move and trade away every pick, but they should be prepared to maybe offer just a bit more than equal value, according to the chart or whatever system they use.

Everyone knows it, everyone has cried about it, everyone has moaned about it, everyone has all asked for the same thing ever since Marino retired.

The fact that we need a QB.

We have scouted Quinn more then any other QB. It is time now, even if we must sell the farm to finally make that happen.

"Who re we gonna get to protect him"

I believe many of you are overexaggerating our O-line woes. Did any of you py attention to how much difference the line looked when Harrington took over? Not saying Hrrington played great. But it's amazing what happened when we had a QB who made quick decisions.

So what's it gonna be? Pass up on another QB and go somewhere else? Ok, we do that then next year what do we do? Oh that's right, we were a middle of the road team with our 8-10 wins. So we now won't be able to get a top QB. It's ok let's draft somewhere else and get yet another developmental QB. Ok, we now have to replace Green with another Journeyman QB. So we once again fall in the middle of the pack. But wouldn't you know it. Now QB is still a concern but we now have to replace Zack Thomas and Json Taylor.

Gee wouldn't it have been nice to finally get our franchise QB? Whether he is a bust or not is not the issue. I would rather do wht it takes to get a "Franchise QB" nd him turn out to be a bust. Rather then get another Journeymen QB who made us a decent team but in the end we failed yet again?

Honestly, I am a homer and optimistic. But is there 1 person on this board who feels we are a Trent Green away from winning the SB?

You get Green now to be competitive and you get Quinn. The rest will fall into place. It's easier to fill lmost every other position on the team then it is to get that "Great QB"

We have to address the QB position eventually

why not now? seriously...

why not do whatever it takes to get him and sacrifice a couple years in the pits for doing so?

we've already started "rebuilding" or whatever you call want to call it

we keep toiling around .500 when we know we're not gonna go anywhere

throw everything at the direction of detriot and oakland and get "your guy"

i know why have alot of holes to fill. but all the makeup in the world won't cover that blemish of not having a QB back there

we need to get a QB and stop getting these stop gap guys

who's with me?
"Everything"? I am not aure I would throw everything away for Quinn. NOone can say he is a can't miss prospect. The only player you can say that about in this draft is CJ, and we won't trade up to get him. Should we throw away our draft just to get a good player at a position where we need a young guy or should we select the BPA and possibly get a good QB in the 2nd rd.

Thankyou and I do agree with you.

I do believe it would be alot to give up to get Quinn also if it were both 2nd's

But honestly lets look at it this way. This is why I wouldn't have a problem with it.

If Detroit said we will give you the #2 for your #9, #40 and Wes Welker.... Would you do it? Let's say you covet Russel or Quinn and both of them are there at 2.

I understand it is now a 2nd round pick.But put it in perspective. Whoever we draft with the 60th pick or use to trade it with is what we will get for Welker.

This is also why I would make the trade sooner then draft day. We would give up more on a draft day trade. Even if someone sneaks up and takes Quinn at 1. We still have Russel, Johnson or Thomas to choose from. To me that is worth a 1st 2nd and our 3rd WR.

Everyone knows it, everyone has cried about it, everyone has moaned about it, everyone has all asked for the same thing ever since Marino retired.

The fact that we need a QB.

We have scouted Quinn more then any other QB. It is time now, even if we must sell the farm to finally make that happen.

"Who re we gonna get to protect him"

I believe many of you are overexaggerating our O-line woes. Did any of you py attention to how much difference the line looked when Harrington took over? Not saying Hrrington played great. But it's amazing what happened when we had a QB who made quick decisions.

So what's it gonna be? Pass up on another QB and go somewhere else? Ok, we do that then next year what do we do? Oh that's right, we were a middle of the road team with our 8-10 wins. So we now won't be able to get a top QB. It's ok let's draft somewhere else and get yet another developmental QB. Ok, we now have to replace Green with another Journeyman QB. So we once again fall in the middle of the pack. But wouldn't you know it. Now QB is still a concern but we now have to replace Zack Thomas and Json Taylor.

Gee wouldn't it have been nice to finally get our franchise QB? Whether he is a bust or not is not the issue. I would rather do wht it takes to get a "Franchise QB" nd him turn out to be a bust. Rather then get another Journeymen QB who made us a decent team but in the end we failed yet again?

Honestly, I am a homer and optimistic. But is there 1 person on this board who feels we are a Trent Green away from winning the SB?

You get Green now to be competitive and you get Quinn. The rest will fall into place. It's easier to fill lmost every other position on the team then it is to get that "Great QB"

Nah let's stand pat, take another Ronnie Brown or maybe a Jason Allen. Then at the end of next season we can talk about the 3 guys we have with all this potential. Then we can bring in Jake Delholme in the offseason.

Make a move and get us a f&*(en Qb!

Booty is booty. He is not considered as one of the top QBs in college football next year. He was good last year but Brohm is much better.

Nah let's stand pat, take another Ronnie Brown or maybe a Jason Allen. Then at the end of next season we can talk about the 3 guys we have with all this potential. Then we can bring in Jake Delholme in the offseason.

Make a move and get us a f&*(en Qb!

Haha. Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom