Anyone else feel like giving up everything & the kitchen sink for Quinn? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feel like giving up everything & the kitchen sink for Quinn?

Nah let's stand pat, take another Ronnie Brown or maybe a Jason Allen. Then at the end of next season we can talk about the 3 guys we have with all this potential. Then we can bring in Jake Delholme in the offseason.

Make a move and get us a f&*(en Qb!
I guess you think Carr would take Delhomme's job? No, I dont think so. Homey don't play that.

I guess you think Carr would take Delhomme's job? No, I dont think so. Homey don't play that.

Delhomme is on a short leash. Many have speculated, even players on the roster tht it was Delhomme who held them back last year.

Don't be surprised to see Carr starting by mid season.

Delhomme is on a short leash. Many have speculated, even players on the roster tht it was Delhomme who held them back last year.

Don't be surprised to see Carr starting by mid season.

Very true, and I wouldnt be surprised if he doesnt do any better than he did in Houston and Delhomme is starting, Carr is junk.

As for giving up everything for Quinn, no. Its just not beneficial. The draft isnt about aquiring ONE guy, its about getting a group of guys who can come in. Its a youth infusion. Trading away your draft for one guy denies your team that injection, and especially when you are looking to rebuild you need all the young guns you can get to come in and compete.

And as for Quinn/Russell not being as good as last years big three, your nuts. No question I take Quinn ahead of all of them. The guy is literally EVERYTHING you want in a QB!! I dont understand the irrational dislike so many here have for this guy.

If the move is up to the 6th spot for the 9th and 60th pick then yes make the trade. If not sit tight, or even try to trade back. This is a loaded draft, and we are rebuilding make no mistake about that. If we traded back 5 to 6 spots and got a 3rd second round pick..... It would go along way to fixing the problems on this team.

yes i'll do anything to get a hold of quinn even if it means giving up a 2008 first round pick!

no, i dont believe in this philosophy of trading it all away for quinn. we've got several issues and im sure cam and randy are gonna try and address every single one of 'em. QB is incredibly high on our list of priorities, but we need all those extra picks. it's not time to throw those away for a player who didnt even shine in the big games in his college career. granted, not all good pros were good college players, but leinart and young definitely excelled in their big games.

Stock up those picks and retool through the draft like the Chargers did.

We have to address the QB position eventually

why not now? seriously...

why not do whatever it takes to get him and sacrifice a couple years in the pits for doing so?

we've already started "rebuilding" or whatever you call want to call it

we keep toiling around .500 when we know we're not gonna go anywhere

throw everything at the direction of detriot and oakland and get "your guy"

i know why have alot of holes to fill. but all the makeup in the world won't cover that blemish of not having a QB back there

we need to get a QB and stop getting these stop gap guys

who's with me?

No. Well, sort of :lol:.

I am a HUGE Quinn advocate, I want him on this team like you wouldn' believe, but as far as giving up "everything and the kitchen sink", I just can't agree to that. I will never let the intrigue of one player come in the way of the overall outlook of the team.

What WOULD I give? Depending on the situation, I'd give as much as a 1st, 2nd and 3rd (and definately Culpepper, lol). It's a risk, and he COULD bust, but so could ANY player, so why not take the possibility of a QB being great or busting than, say, an OT doing the same.

We have had good lines, average lines, and crappy lines since Marino, and still haven't done anything post-season-wise (aside form a few short playoff appearances with Fiedler), so it's obviously not all the OL's fault.

We've had good WR, average WR, and crappy WR since Marino, and again, same results, so it's not all their fault. Same with RBs.

So that leaves QB. We have Pro Bowl calibur WRs (at least one anyway with Chambers), a Pro Bowl calibur RB, and an OL that imporved (although still nothing great) as the year went on, yet what we lack is a QB to pull it all together.

Quinn is a great prospect, and a competative guy, and this team needs him. Who else has his potential anytime soon? This can't be another "we'll target a franchise QB next draft" year, cuz we've had those for EIGHT years. We need to finally pull the trigger on one NOW.

I still don't think we should give away the entire draft, but we DO need to make a reasonable play for him while he's right there, who knows when the opportunity to draft a guy of this calibur comes along again.

Of the top of my head - the big 3 from last year haven't been flops, carson palmer, peyton manning, donovan mcnabb, ben roethlisberger, philip rivers, eli manning, and I'm sure there's more that I'm not even thinking about right now. So first round qb's don't "usually" flop.

Statistically speaking quarterbacks flop (a flop is defined as not producing for the team that drafted the guy, not going elsewhere and starring) in the first round at a much higher rate then any other position with only wide receiver being close. Eli Manning might already be considered a flop. His career quarterback rating is 73, lower than David Carr's career quarterback rating, and he's had much better supporting talent: Jeremy Shockey, Amani Toomer, Tiki Barber, Plaxico Burress, etc. A 73 equates to a C- talent. Rivers on the other hand is a 91 career rating, or an A talent. The Big 3 from last year have hardly had an opportunity to prove themselves as stars, or flops, but if you take away Young's scrambling, he was one of the worst starting quarterbacks in the NFL. He was just dreadful.

Trading everything including the kitchen sink for any player is a recipe for disaster. The Giants and Falcons look like suckers for trading up just a few spots to draft the likes of Manning and Vick. Is Quinn that much better a prospect then Drew Stanton? There is no convincing evidence of this.

Try their TD/INT record for one.

one else feel like giving up everything & the kitchen sink for Quinn?We have to address the QB position eventually

why not now? seriously...

why not do whatever it takes to get him and sacrifice a couple years in the pits for doing so?

we've already started "rebuilding" or whatever you call want to call it

we keep toiling around .500 when we know we're not gonna go anywhere

throw everything at the direction of detriot and oakland and get "your guy"

i know why have alot of holes to fill. but all the makeup in the world won't cover that blemish of not having a QB back there

we need to get a QB and stop getting these stop gap guys

who's with me?

Bad idea. We should NOT trade up, if anything, we should trade down. Quinn might slip to 9, if not, there are plenty of other QB's available like Smith or Stanton.

GO PHINS~!

Yeah, let's do like NY did with Eli. After 3 years, they're probably be heading to the Super Bowl this year. We can sacrafice 3 years too.

The Giants are not going to the superbowl. Eli hasn't proven anything other then the fact that he is eratic at best. You guys who want to give up all these picks for Quinn only show how little you know about the game. Do you not remember Marino ? Quinn isn't going to make our line better, our receivers better, and certainly isn't going to make Thomas, Taylor, and Porter any younger. You guys have to come to the realization we are not drafting Brady Quinn.

If the move is up to the 6th spot for the 9th and 60th pick then yes make the trade. If not sit tight, or even try to trade back. This is a loaded draft, and we are rebuilding make no mistake about that. If we traded back 5 to 6 spots and got a 3rd second round pick..... It would go along way to fixing the problems on this team.

yes to what you have said!!

Actually, many had Quinn rated right there with Leinart last year. Some speculated he would be taken over Leinart.

He was graded better then both Cutler and Young. Don't let your personal opinion start spreading falacies.

First of all, you're the self-professed 'homer'. It's only my opinion...I'm not sure how it's 'spreading falacies'.

Let me ask you something. Who would rate Quinn with Leinart last year? I never knew that guys who aren't in the draft are rated alongside guys who are in the draft for recreational purposes.

Here's what I do know. In big games, who stepped up? I saw Leinart and Young step up big time in their big games. I saw Brady Quinn choke time and time again under pressure. Hell even Jay Cutler led Vanderbilt to some big wins. Brady Quinn, on the other hand, couldn't even win a bowl game or beat USC. I saw passes that were constantly underthrown and off-target. Didn't see that from Leinart or Young.

Please, Brady Quinn fans, tell me why we should throw 3 high picks at Brady Quinn, instead of upgrading our secondary, d-line, and o-line?

A couple things...

-I am not a fan of drafting for need over value, especially with a top 10 pick. We definitely need a left tackle, but I am generally also not a proponent of drafting O Lineman with really premium picks. While hitting on an elite prospect at LT can be a boon for a franchise for years, it has been proven time and time again that it is possible, nee, likely, that you can find adequate O Linemen later in the draft. There are enough quality linemen in the draft this year that we should be able to get plenty of help there in rounds 2-7, especially considering all the picks we have.

-I am not crazy about just "winging it" with Green or Culpepper for next year as you said. There is absolutely no guarantee that we would be in good position next year to draft a guy like Brohm, Brennan, or even Booty. The bottom line is that they need to decide whether Quinn is their guy, and if he is, to make sure they get him. There is no need to go and make some stupid Ditka-esque move and trade away every pick, but they should be prepared to maybe offer just a bit more than equal value, according to the chart or whatever system they use.

Well if we are unsuccessful with Green or Culpepper, then wouldn't we be in a position to draft Brohm? We gave up a 2nd last year for C-Pep, shouldn't we at least give him a shot, before wasting yet another draft pick on a QB? I'm confident we can get need and value at the #9 pick. Maybe we can pick up Landry, Hall, Anderson, or Adams if we don't feel confident in Levi. Either way, we can really improve our team by passing on Quinn. I also think that we should pass on him even he falls to us at 9.

Back
Top Bottom