Anyone else feel... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feel...

emeraldfin

Gary Speed RIP
Reaction score
That this is a bit of an anti climax?

Part of the excitement of the draft is seeing the commish come on stage and reading out who will be the pick.

Its great that Long will be a Dolphin next year and that there will not be any holdout, but it kinda takes away from the excitement of the draft.

Ya kinda ... but i would rather this than a lengthy contract holdout.

He will still walk across the stage and be announced. If anything, knowing how our FO has drafted the last decade, it makes it less stressful. Dont have to worry about them announcing Desean Jackson or Brandon Albert at #1 overall and hearing Kiper and Co. rip us. Nice feeling. Maybe this year I'll have nails come Saturday evening.

That this is a bit of an anti climax?

Part of the excitement of the draft is seeing the commish come on stage and reading out who will be the pick.

Its great that Long will be a Dolphin next year and that there will not be any holdout, but it kinda takes away from the excitement of the draft.

Count me in. Now the draft does not really start until like 8:00 p.m. It does put a damper on the festivities.

... beats the hell outta our new rookie holding out and missing all of TC.

after last year's debacle - me, personally, am ok without the suspense this year....

It does take away from the suspense, but I do like that we won't have to worry about a holdout come training camp. It was very possible that if a deal wasn't reached, and we still drafted Jake, he probably wouldn't play much this season. A lengthy holdout would have likely ruined his first season.

It will still be fun and exciting hearing Goodell announce Jake and seeing him getting the Dolphins' jersey and hat.

I like how our mgt handled this. Its a statement showing confidence and a great way to conduct business with the top pick.

I'll leave the excitement for the next picks. Parcells is showing us he's determined to right this ship and this move was a statement of his committment. I love it way beyond who we ended up taking.

I'll take it. We now know Jake will be in camp on time. Probably would've liked to see them not announce the deal until midnight on Friday like the Texans did with Mario, but whatever.

Now Jake gets to learn how to block DEs, his instructor will be Jason Taylor

I like the pick. I'll like it more when it's confirmed he has the ability at the NFL level to hold down the LT spot as opposed to RT, but we won't know that till September at the earliest. No immediate problems there.

I also like that we have him signed. That's a huge relief compared to some of the nightmares our team and others have had to deal with in the past. A rookie LT that misses most or all of camp would have been pretty worthless to us in 2008.

What I don't like is that we flushed four days down the drain when we didn't need to. The signing didn't have to be today. The only beneficiary in this regard is the Rams. They are now top dog, and if a team desperately wants to move up for a guy and offer a couple of picks to do so, they won't be calling us. We should have retained that option, IMO.

I like the pick. I'll like it more when it's confirmed he has the ability at the NFL level to hold down the LT spot as opposed to RT, but we won't know that till September at the earliest. No immediate problems there.

I also like that we have him signed. That's a huge relief compared to some of the nightmares our team and others have had to deal with in the past. A rookie LT that misses most or all of camp would have been pretty worthless to us in 2008.

What I don't like is that we flushed four days down the drain when we didn't need to. The signing didn't have to be today. The only beneficiary in this regard is the Rams. They are now top dog, and if a team desperately wants to move up for a guy and offer a couple of picks to do so, they won't be calling us. We should have retained that option, IMO.

I have to agree with that, the only answer I could give you as Devils advocate is that perhaps this is an indication of just how much they liked Jake Long, and their desire to sign him at a reasonable number, and their feel that no one was going to offer enough to make them move off of their love for Jake Long.

Its a great pick, we now have an excellent set of tackles and a nice young center.

I feel strongly that we will have 3 2nd rounders when JT's trade is finalized, so there will be plenty of suspense in this draft.

Add to that having the first pick of day 2 and it should be pretty interesting.

I think we Dolphin fans still have a few surprises coming...and thats O.K. with me. When your G.M. states...that now he can work on trades...it makes you feel wonderful....and gets your attention.

Back
Top Bottom