Anyone else feel... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else feel...

You need to realize that the first pick overall is never a surprise. The pick is always finalized and announced prior to the actual draft announcement. The fun part is everything after the first..

I have to agree with that, the only answer I could give you as Devils advocate is that perhaps this is an indication of just how much they liked Jake Long, and their desire to sign him at a reasonable number, and their feel that no one was going to offer enough to make them move off of their love for Jake Long.

True. I don't know the NFL-legality of if we could have signed Jake to a contract that didn't take effect until Saturday morning. Would we have retained the right to the top spot, or would that be seen as having used it already? I don't know. I'm glad we have Jake, but I'll be mad if I see another team in the top five trade out of the spot for a slew of picks.

As has been said a lot, I love JT. But at this point, trading him becomes the linchpin for just how successful this draft could be for us. Get a #2 and a #3 or #4, and we can either stay put or climb back into the first round.

I just wish the first day of the draft was still 3 rounds. The 2nd day is long as it is.

I think we Dolphin fans still have a few surprises coming...and thats O.K. with me. When your G.M. states...that now he can work on trades...it makes you feel wonderful....and gets your attention.

You're right, Pete. We know about JT. But I bet there's another. Crowder? Jason Allen? BP can spot a guy he wants (or doesn't want) on his team from a mile away. We may be surprised by Sunday night at who else may have moved on.

Back
Top Bottom