Anyone else fine with not drafting a RB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else fine with not drafting a RB?

I like the two kids they signed as undrafted free agents. Damien (Oklahoma) and Orleans (Tulane) are around 220 and 5-11 to 6-0. Good size and Orleans is faster at 4.4.

The only RB worth taking was Carlos Hyde, but he hit a girl in the face last summer..

Next year Todd Gurley and Melvin Gordon are going to be flat out studs, and Mike Davis and Duke Johnson look pretty good as well.

I am jacked about the Moreno pick up. No one in the draft can pass block as well as him and we have our speed guy in Miller. Miller will get this year to prove himself and Moreno can shoulder most of the load if need be. We do need a short yardage back, but hopefully an improved O-Line combined with Gillislee taking the next step, it could work. At 5'11" 210lbs, he has the size for it.

It would have been nice if we selected a RB round 4 or later but we didn't. I am satisfied with our selections.
We will have a great opportunity in next years draft to select one or two, plus 2014 will be a good year to evaluate our current RB corps with an improved oline. Also, there is still a chance a quality veteran will get released before the season starts

What I have heard about Moreno outside of his pass protection is...if you block for 3 yards, he will get you 3 yards. Well Philbin and company are fixing the line to get those 3 yards.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Landry is much more valuable than Hyde. First, it will allow Wallace to be traded for a high draft pick, hopefully next year. Second, Hickey had an excellent. track record while with Tampa in finding RB talent. The dropoff in talent between Hyde versus Damien Williams may be negligible. I wonder if that possibility, of signing the best UDFA running back, was part of the pre-draft strategy.

So your idea of sound football is to trade a 4.3 burner for a 4.6 slot? Seriously? GTFO.

I made the comment based on a few observations: 1) Hickey has been purging the roster of soft players who don't fight for the ball, tackle or block. 2) the wide receiver corps that Philbin utilized in Green Bay had no burners but a lot of guys who had great hands and ability to get separation. I view Wallace as a 100% Ireland move. And if there were no salary cap implications this year I would trade him to the Browns for a high 2015 pick. Sorry, but to me Wallace is just an overrated one-trick pony. I didn't mean to suggest that Landry shouldn't play the slot; I meant to suggest that they can find someone else to take Wallace's spot next year.

What I have heard about Moreno outside of his pass protection is...if you block for 3 yards, he will get you 3 yards. Well Philbin and company are fixing the line to get those 3 yards.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

So your idea of sound football is to trade a 4.3 burner for a 4.6 slot? Seriously? GTFO.

I made the comment based on a few observations: 1) Hickey has been purging the roster of soft players who don't fight for the ball, tackle or block. 2) the wide receiver corps that Philbin utilized in Green Bay had no burners but a lot of guys who had great hands and ability to get separation. I view Wallace as a 100% Ireland move. And if there were no salary cap implications this year I would trade him to the Browns for a high 2015 pick. Sorry, but to me Wallace is just an overrated one-trick pony. I didn't mean to suggest that Landry shouldn't play the slot; I meant to suggest that they can find someone else to take Wallace's spot next year.

Those WRs in GB are not 4.6 guys.

Which btw Nelson ran a 4.51. Jones ran a 4.59. So technically Jones is a 4.6 guy

Im peachy keen with not drafting a RB. Nobody couod have run behind that horrid line last year. I think Miller has the talent to be special if he has a crease and Moreno isn't too shabby. Thomas still blows so Im content with the other two.

I didnt want to draft a HB in this draft unless it was a 5th or higher. We had more needs then HB. We dont even know if HB is a need since our O Line was so terrible. Im sure we will sign a player for TC. There will be plenty of vets who will be cut and UDFA who could be serviceable. We drafted a HB 3 years in a row. Didnt need to make it 4.

Im happy with Moreno and Miller. We do need a short yardage guy, but not more then we needed a WR or OT or any other position that we filled.

I'm fine with it, let Lamar and Moreno have a year with a revamped Oline and a (hopefully) greatly improved passing attack. They compliment each other, so lets hope Lazor boosts up our excitement from goal to goal!!

Back
Top Bottom