Anyone else think we need to draft a qb first round? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Anyone else think we need to draft a qb first round?

CHAMBERS8484

Starter
Reaction score
Dan Marino drafted in 84 in the 1st round.

Feeley- 2nd round pick
Culpepper-2nd round pick
Harrington- conditional 6th rounder.

Do I need to go on? Point is there have been about 7 qbs to start for us since dan left, but we haven't picked up a qb in the 1st round since dan left. What do we have to lose?? Of course there is always the exception (tim couch, akili smith, ryan leaf) but there is more often than not talent. What do we have to lose?

Yes. I know a lot of people won't agree.

But enough is enough. This franchsie isnt' winning anything until we get a young home-grown QB of our own

Brady; 6th round. NO we do NOT need to draft a QB in first round this year. We need OL, OL, and more OL. Then a LB, then a DB and then another OL.

our best shot was last year and then we won six in a row and refused to trade up for Cutler. I dont think we're going to finish high enough to draft Brohm or Quinn

no

we need to draft some OL

and some defensive players a linebacker/ some corners would be nice

Actually I do disagree....I believe we have more than enough talent at QB...the problem is the lack of talent elsewhere on the offense. Harrington was a first round, 3rd pick in the 2002 draft....is there any quarterback coming out in the draft more worthy or higher rated....in other words...a sure thing? NO....even Manning...hasn't won a superbowl after all these years.
Let me remind everyone that Brady wasn't highly picked, 6th round...but yet he has three Superbowl wins. The Bucs won with a QB that wasn't highly rated...you have to have talent on team, to surround the QB.

PhinsRock said:
Brady; 6th round. NO we do NOT need to draft a QB in first round this year. We need OL, OL, and more OL. Then a LB, then a DB and then another OL.

Brady is the exception, not the rule. Look at the other qbs.
Matt Leinart, Vince Young both look solid.

Peyton Manning, Donovan Mcnabb, Chad Pennington, Michael Vick, David Carr, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, JP Losman, Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, Rex Grossman,

Those are all first round picks, not to mention daunte and joey are former first rounders. My point is that the first round QBs are usually starting in this league. There are exceptions like matt hasselbeck, favre, and delhomme, but most of the time the first rounders are the ones who succeed that's why they are first rounders.

fishypete said:
Actually I do disagree....I believe we have more than enough talent at QB...the problem is the lack of talent elsewhere on the offense. Harrington was a first round, 3rd pick in the 2002 draft....is there any quarterback coming out in the draft more worthy or higher rated....in other words...a sure thing? NO....even Manning...hasn't won a superbowl after all these years.
Let me remind everyone that Brady wasn't highly picked, 6th round...but yet he has three Superbowl wins. The Bucs won with a QB that wasn't highly rated...you have to have talent on team, to surround the QB.

I agree. If we were going to groom a QB last year was the time to draft one. That draft was deep in QBs, this one is week after Brohm and Quinn. Unless we go winless the rest of the season which aint gonna happen, we wont be in position to draft either so lets stay with the winner of the Harrington/ Culpepper competition and work on improving our oline, and defense and maybe a playmaking receiver

If we draft a QB in the first round and put him behind this offensive line we will only be creating another Joey Harrington.
It starts in the trenches. Get a few REAL offensive linemen instead of these actors we have now, and an average QB looks good.
Then draft your young QB and let him learn the game without having to fear for his life on every play.

adamprez2003 said:
our best shot was last year and then we won six in a row and refused to trade up for Cutler. I dont think we're going to finish high enough to draft Brohm or Quinn

We didn't have enough picks to trade up for Cutler.

Our 2007 first round pick will be a trench monster, preferably OT Joe Thomas of Wisconsin.

CHAMBERS8484 said:
Brady is the exception, not the rule. Look at the other qbs.
Matt Leinart, Vince Young both look solid.

Peyton Manning, Donovan Mcnabb, Chad Pennington, Michael Vick, David Carr, Phillip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Eli Manning, JP Losman, Carson Palmer, Byron Leftwich, Rex Grossman,

Those are all first round picks, not to mention daunte and joey are former first rounders. My point is that the first round QBs are usually starting in this league. There are exceptions like matt hasselbeck, favre, and delhomme, but most of the time the first rounders are the ones who succeed that's why they are first rounders.

Except for Roethlisberger....NONE of those first rounders have won anything....and truth be told...Roethlisberger didn't do much to win the Superbowl....well he did make a tackle.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
We didn't have enough picks to trade up for Cutler.

Our 2007 first round pick will be a trench monster, preferably OT Joe Thomas of Wisconsin.

We had a 2nd until we got Daunte and we will win ebnough games this year where Thomas will be off the board. I think we go DE

6th brady, Gradkoski 6th. draft later. culpepper and harrington are better than a ryan leaf. Dont you agree. we need o line and more o line!

Saban put all his money in Cullpeper. I don't know the ramifications of cutting him.... cap wise. We will linger in 500'ville at the pace we are going.

If we drafted high enough we should! it sure would be a bold move that would put us in the rebuilding stage. IMO that is what we need vs. trying to piece this team together.

Back
Top Bottom